Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: tadol on January 14, 2009, 10:58:00 AM
Thats a nice picture of the previous Forum gits - but its off a number -  I have #77280, which is #17/17, and it ain't the one behind it, so it must have been the one just in front of it?  Or maybe, they aren't built exactly in serial number or guitar number order?????

Maybe its time to call Mulder and Scully -

Tad
Now thats really interesting.  I'm sittin' here holding 77281,  14 of 17....  wierd..

So lets see.....  serial numbers are in order of the body assembly and neck block added. 

Forum sequence number did not follow the serial number, as my # 14 was the very next one 'after' #17 in the building sequence.    hmmmmmm....  maybe something to do with metric counting in the far north   :?

its all good....    :nana_guitar
L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person

Quote from: pennerblue on January 14, 2009, 07:13:39 PM
Okay...since it is now perfectly clear that we've gone off the deep end and are now stretching this post toward 200 posts...

I offer the following Pittsburgh Steeler number equivalents (past and present):

75 es-335, Jeff Lee LS03MT (Mean Joe Greene...remember the Coke ad..."Hey Mister!...)

Maybe I should ask if JCL could skip 10 numbers so I could get the number 86, I am a Hines "Mr. Chip shot" Ward fan :) :humour:
Jeffrey

Quote from: Daysailer on January 14, 2009, 08:55:31 PM
Now thats really interesting.  I'm sittin' here holding 77281,  14 of 17....  wierd..

So lets see.....  serial numbers are in order of the body assembly and neck block added. 

I've got serial number 77410...mine is #7 of 17!

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Well, according the trend we seem to be discovering about the Forum I's.   .....
The high series numbers 17 and 14 were built before #7 by quite a bit......

So in todays terms,   my F-III  #63, should be in the third set of 5.......kewl...  sorry if your number is below 25,  July isnt THAT far away
:humour:

:nana_guitar
L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person

Quote from: pennerblue on January 14, 2009, 07:13:39 PM
Okay...since it is now perfectly clear that we've gone off the deep end and are now stretching this post toward 200 posts...

I offer the following Pittsburgh Steeler number equivalents (past and present):

7 Cybercanyon, Mike Bergner LSV03RHB  (Ben Rothlesberger)

12 TrinityGuitars, Jim Holler LS03HB (Terry Bradshaw)

20 satch, LS03RHB (Rocky Blier)

32 3RDDEGM, LS03R (Franco Harris...Not Frank O'Harris)

43 WallHalen, Eric Wall LS03MT (Troy Polamalu)

47 BluesMan1, Jeff P  LS03HB (Mel Blount)

50 iDavid, David Crawford LS03MTHB (Larry Foote)

58 Pennerblue, Mike Penn LS03MTHB  (Jack Lambert)
     59 prof_stack, Norm Hardy LS03R  (Jack Ham, the second best linebacker ever!)

68 johnny37, John Mcinnon LS03RHBLH (LC Greenwood, Mr. Yellow Shoes even though he was fined every game by the NFL for violating dress code)

75 es-335, Jeff Lee LS03MT (Mean Joe Greene...remember the Coke ad..."Hey Mister!...)

Not enough orders for the high numbered recievers....Lynn Swan, John Stallworth, Hines Ward.

And yes these were from memory...and yes...I am killing time (waiting for my one-year old to wind down and go to bed...)

Penner

Feel free to find your own sporting hero equivalent to your FIII git number and share!

Penner

This forum III / Steelers all-star team by the numbers deal ......   I think you're gonna need a kicker ?
I nominate #3 /Tuffythepug, Lynn Flowers..   ( Jeff Reed )

Quote from: tuffythepug on January 14, 2009, 09:45:26 PM
Penner

This forum III / Steelers all-star team by the numbers deal ......   I think you're gonna need a kicker ?
I nominate #3 /Tuffythepug, Lynn Flowers..   ( Jeff Reed )

You're on the roster, sorry I missed you (I'm a sucker for defenses).
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Quote from: bluesman67 on January 14, 2009, 07:23:38 PM
Thanks man.  Now how about doing the number thing for a REAL team like THE PATRIOTS!!  :+1:

My love for the Pats stops at Tom Brady and Ty Law (Michigan grads)...actually I do like the Pats, especially those sweet old-school helmets from the days of Jim Plunkett!
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

I thought I'd chime in here since the picture posted earlier of the Forum I guitar taken during the first build process is my guitar (Forum I, #9/17, serial #77279)

Here's the build pic again and the guitar as it is today. Yes it has a green abalone rosette.

Taylor Custom GC all mahogany
Tayor 812c (1997)
Taylor 612c (1994)
Yamaha FG730S
Yamaha CGX 171 SCF Flamenco
Samick Greg Bennett OM-08CE

Quote from: gary0319 on January 15, 2009, 05:14:50 AM
I thought I'd chime in here since the picture posted earlier of the Forum I guitar taken during the first build process is my guitar (Forum I, #9/17, serial #77279)

Here's the build pic again and the guitar as it is today. Yes it has a green abalone rosette.

It looks better now....

:tongue:
Larrivee 00-70 
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Gary,

Gorgeous guitar and love that stand you have her on.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

First off, I love the guitar pic.  I hope the all hog forum III will look as nice.   Second, tell me about the stand.  I'd like to get one.

Tuffythepug

Heh Tuffy, I'm pretty sure Gary made those stands. I remember a post about it. Of course I do have "sometimers", you know sometimes I remember and sometimes I don't.

Quote from: dependan on January 15, 2009, 10:03:28 AM
  Heh Tuffy, I'm pretty sure Gary made those stands. I remember a post about it. Of course I do have "sometimers", you know sometimes I remember and sometimes I don't.

If that's true I wonder if he would share his build plans ?  How about it Gary ?  Or, if you build them for a profit, I'd buy one from you.   That's one of the nicest ones I've seen.

T

should we let this thread run (stickied) until the FIII guitars are delivered, or should it be locked and cut adrift?
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

If Gary indeed built the guitar stand, I must say WOW! it looks really neat!

I've been always wanted to build a multi guitar stand. But I don't got no tools or the skill:)
Jeffrey

How about letting it ride until we get BREAKING NEWS or photos from Vancouver and then they get posted to a new thread and this one can be layed to rest?
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Yea, we have chased some rabbit trails, but I don't know. If someone wanted to really look back at this in the future, it may be better to lock it, than let it fill up with posts that could be in lots of other threads.
                        I think it's your call Randy.
Quote from: Randy_R on January 15, 2009, 10:14:46 AM
should we let this thread run (stickied) until the FIII guitars are delivered, or should it be locked and cut adrift?

Quote from: Randy_R on January 15, 2009, 10:14:46 AM

Even though it has swayed from topic a couple times I think for the most part it's still about the F-III. If you do start a new thread I think it should be stickied and labled F-III so we don't have um teen threads about the same thing. There is a lot of emotion about the spring delivery and I think people still enjoy talking about it. If I'm wrong and they don't then the thread won't be very long.

I still think if someone wanted to search in the future for information on the Forum III it would be easier if all the info and remarks were all in the same place.  Unless of course your computer is tilting on your desk from this tome sitting on one side.

As far as build pictures, I think they should be posted in the Picture Forum with a link to them from either here or the new thread.

You asked     :winkin:
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

I say let it run....its kind of like the clubhouse for members who are waiting for their new guitar.

Why stifle discussion?
Larrivee 00-70 
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: Dotneck on January 15, 2009, 11:48:26 AM
I say let it run....its kind of like the clubhouse for members who are waiting for their new guitar.

Why stifle discussion?

Thats what I said............I just used 100 times as many words.  :roll
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"