Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: BenF on January 14, 2009, 07:51:24 AM
...I still question if they will come out of the factory in numerical order anyway Lynda, that is a big assumption.
I would think they would be built first by body (mahogany, then rosewood) and then by top wood (mahagony then Italian spruce).  Just a guess.
Play it daily for best results.

I just figured they would build them in sequential order and when they went through the paint department they would either spray them with Mahogany, Rosewood or Italian Spruce.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on January 14, 2009, 08:51:37 AM
I just figured they would build them in sequential order and when they went through the paint department they would either spray them with Mahogany, Rosewood or Italian Spruce.

So that's how it's done. I always wondered.
L-04 koa
L-03-12
Parlor (mahogany)
Forum III MT
Yamaha FG-180
Gretsch Sundown Serenade
Fender Stratocaster

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on January 14, 2009, 08:51:37 AM

Brilliant.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: prof_stack on January 14, 2009, 08:34:25 AM
I would think they would be built first by body (mahogany, then rosewood) and then by top wood (mahagony then Italian spruce).  Just a guess.

Here is a photo from the build of the first forum guitars...the spruce tops are mixed in with the 'hog tops...so I don't know if the batches are segregated by woods. I'm actually surprised that the guitar number is assigned at this point...I would think it would be much easier to add the numbers after the guitar is built.

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Ooohh, I like that picture, maybe we'll get one from John Larrivee in a month or so showing some of ours in the build process.
    Once they really get going with these I sure would like to visit the Vancouver facility.

Quote from: prof_stack on January 14, 2009, 08:34:25 AM
Almost right, you've got it backwards though.  IS/RW 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nanadance
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Quote from: tuffythepug on January 13, 2009, 11:30:29 PM
You sir are a man of discriminating taste.  On a team with a legacy of great linebackers over the years he was one of the best to play that position.  There have been lots of great ones (this year's batch ain't too bad) but he's always been my favorite.
Go Steelers

Tuffythepug

Alright Tuffy!!! I guess Danny was right in his 1-yr reflective post--it is hard not to like you :bgrin:

Lambert was the best.  What was particularly amazing is that he was SKINNY.  I think he weighed 20+ less pounds than other linebackers.  But holy wah, was he tenacious...flat out mean.  If I was a college defensive coordinator, I'd show Lambert highlights to get me team fired up for a big game.

The Steelers face their ultimate challenge this weekend against the Ravens...it's the super bowl of defenses.

Lamar Woodley and Harrison are simply phenomenal today.  I watched Lamar all through college at Michigan, he was one of the best pass rushers they ever had.

Can you sing along the song from the late seventies?  "Pittsburgh Steelers....Pittsburgh Steelers...Pittsburgh Steelers Number One (dah, dah, dat, dah, dah, dat, dom, dom, dom)"

Penner
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Oh, dear. You are realy close to setting a song about football to a bluegrass tune, aren't you? Run away....run away....

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: dependan on January 14, 2009, 04:51:35 AM

It'll be the best sounding Larrivee ever made.

Why?

Quote from: Dotneck on January 14, 2009, 05:51:16 AM
I expect they will be pretty similar sounding...except that the 12 fret design should open up the tone and make it sound a little bigger and rounder...

Interesting. I hope it's all you folks anticipate. And I will be green with envy!  :bowdown:

I'm fortunate I didn't order. My wife returned from the dentist yesterday with the report that she needs two crowns (and we're just commoners!). Guess what I could buy for two crowns and have some nice change.  :guitar

Bill
Martin OM-21; Eastman AC710S

The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. (Westminster Shorter Catechism---1647)

Quote from: Broadus on January 14, 2009, 10:42:23 AM
Why?

Interesting. I hope it's all you folks anticipate. And I will be green with envy!  :bowdown:

I'm fortunate I didn't order. My wife returned from the dentist yesterday with the report that she needs two crowns (and we're just commoners!). Guess what I could buy for two crowns and have some nice change.  :guitar

Bill
Well , I don't know ...it just will. It's the child in me having hope! Don't take me seriously. I have no Idea for sure. But in general I do believe it will be an excellent guitar. Mine is the hog/IS and I don't think too many Larrivees will have a tone quite the same as that combo. I may be wrong though.

Quote from: dependan on January 14, 2009, 10:51:46 AM

Well , I don't know ...it just will. It's the child in me having hope! Don't take me seriously. I have no Idea for sure. But in general I do believe it will be an excellent guitar. Mine is the hog/IS and I don't think too many Larrivees will have a tone quite the same as that combo. I may be wrong though.

Danny,

You really need to stop eating children. So unseemly.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: pennerblue on January 14, 2009, 10:17:51 AM

Lambert was the best.  What was particularly amazing is that he was SKINNY.  I think he weighed 20+ less pounds than other linebackers.  But holy wah, was he tenacious...flat out mean.  If I was a college defensive coordinator, I'd show Lambert highlights to get me team fired up for a big game.

I went to college with Lambert...we were in the same dorm for a while....I lost all respect for him when he went to play for Pittsburgh...(BYW....I'm from Cleveland...)
Larrivee 00-70 
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

I don't disagree. Having started in guitars a year and a half ago at the ripe young age of 52, I'm trying to gain all the insight I can about woods, body styles, 12 versus 14 frets, etc. And I like to share the joy of anticipation in a vicarious sort of way!

Bill
Martin OM-21; Eastman AC710S

The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. (Westminster Shorter Catechism---1647)

Quote from: strawintogold on January 14, 2009, 10:53:26 AM
Danny,

You really need to stop eating children. So unseemly.

holly
Yea, I know. And you should quit chasing big dogs... I think I'll exit stage left now.

Thats a nice picture of the previous Forum gits - but its off a number -  I have #77280, which is #17/17, and it ain't the one behind it, so it must have been the one just in front of it?  Or maybe, they aren't built exactly in serial number or guitar number order?????

Maybe its time to call Mulder and Scully -

Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

I don't chase them, I train them. Don't make me break out the E Collar. Ever wonder why it's stage left? Geeze, noon and I'm still in my pj's. Nothing like having an eight year old with insommnia and a board that sucks you in for a good hour.

holly

ps. I think this guitar will be special too. I just don't want to say so and ruin my rock and roll image.
"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.

Don't under-estimate the power of positive thinking my friend.   We listen with our ears and our minds.
I am sure that some of us will believe that our forum III's are the best sounding guitars ever made:  most of us will be quite pleased:  some of us will be mildly dis-appointed; a very few will think they wasted their money I suppose.  Those guitars will go on to brighten someone elses life.  I, for one, can't imagine a scenario where these guitars turn out to be anything but spectacular.

Tuffythepug

Quote from: tuffythepug on January 14, 2009, 11:02:49 AM

Don't under-estimate the power of positive thinking my friend.   We listen with our ears and our minds.

Estaban relies on that same principle...
Larrivee 00-70 
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: Dotneck on January 14, 2009, 11:04:09 AM

Estaban relies on that same principle...
OOOOOHHHH. and yuck...