Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on January 13, 2009, 03:46:21 PM
Whoa Dotneck, you be edgumicated.

I was initially number 14 but someone below me must have dropped out and moved me down 1.

Number 13, great. Unlucky number 13, mine will probably get busted up by the shippers.   :humour:

I'll switch with you...my 66 for you 13???
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: BenF on January 13, 2009, 04:48:18 PM
I still can't believe i was #5.  Sorry Lynda, you must've been #5 till you pulled out.  I thought I'd be much further down after my numerous attemts to get a phone connection from the UK to Jim Holler.  He must've thought it very strange to have some Scottish person repeatedly saying hello and then getting cut off.  You'd think in this day and age phones would work!!

Pleased with #5 since someone mentioned they could come out the factory in batches of 5.  Woohoo, first batch!!!

Ben

Ben, I was actually number 6 as I wanted a number that was a multiple of 3 (3 is a good number). I would have been 5 but asked for 6.

As for the guitars shipping in groups of 5... someone please tell me how that's fair? I think they should all ship at the same time... to be fair that is.  :cheers
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 13, 2009, 06:02:22 PM
I'll switch with you...my 66 for you 13???

I think you better stick with 66, multiple of 3.  Actually you wanted 6, you got two for the price of one.  :humour:

:coffee  :donut2  :donut
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 13, 2009, 06:04:03 PM
Ben, I was actually number 6 as I wanted a number that was a multiple of 3 (3 is a good number). I would have been 5 but asked for 6.

Yeah, i think 3 is a pretty darned good number also.   :thumb

Tuffythepug  (#3)

Quote from: tuffythepug on January 13, 2009, 06:29:00 PM

Yeah, i think 3 is a pretty darned good number also.   :thumb

Tuffythepug  (#3)
As in 3 microdots on the 12th fret     ...

Hmm, do we know when the guitars are gonna be ready?(appox. timeline??)

Jeffrey

Quote from: es-335 on January 13, 2009, 08:58:00 PM
Hmm, do we know when the guitars are gonna be ready?(appox. timeline??)

In the spring....
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

I love how excited everyone is about their number...we're like a bunch of kids...

I got 58, the number of the greatest linebacker ever...The Man of Steel

WOO-HOO!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Quote from: pennerblue on January 13, 2009, 10:51:24 PM
I love how excited everyone is about their number...we're like a bunch of kids...

WOO-HOO!
Ah Man... all I got was 1.

Quote from: pennerblue on January 13, 2009, 10:51:24 PM

WOO-HOO!

You sir are a man of discriminating taste.  On a team with a legacy of great linebackers over the years he was one of the best to play that position.  There have been lots of great ones (this year's batch ain't too bad) but he's always been my favorite.
Go Steelers

Tuffythepug

Quote from: Dotneck on January 13, 2009, 09:27:02 PM

In the spring....

spring doesn't come till late may in winterpeg  :crying:
Jeffrey

Quote from: es-335 on January 13, 2009, 11:31:40 PM

Spring comes to Winnipeg? How can you tell?
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

When people stop slipping on the ice

Quote from: es-335 on January 13, 2009, 11:31:40 PM

and nothings on TV but reruns.....

Quote from: dependan on January 13, 2009, 10:59:32 PM
               Ah Man... all I got was 1.

For good measure, someone had to be last... to make sure everyone else who wanted in... got on board.  :nanadance

Yeepee... okay.... Yipeeeeeeeee !!!

ricky

As an interloper to this thread who didn't get in on the Forum III, here's a question. How do you anticipate the FIII's sound will compare to the OM-03 model, irrespective of woods? To clarify, whatever wood you ordered for the FIII, compare that to the same wood combo in an OM-03. Do the two models overlap? Complement? Just interested in perspective to better understand because I've never played an LS size or a 12 fret guitar.

Bill
Martin OM-21; Eastman AC710S

The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. (Westminster Shorter Catechism---1647)

Quote from: rpm60912 on January 14, 2009, 01:44:26 AM
For good measure, someone had to be last... to make sure everyone else who wanted in... got on board.  :nanadance

Yeepee... okay.... Yipeeeeeeeee !!!

ricky
And someone had to be first so, Yahoo!!! :+1:  :guitar :nana_guitar                                                                                         :blush:

Quote from: Broadus on January 14, 2009, 03:45:24 AM
As an interloper to this thread who didn't get in on the Forum III, here's a question. How do you anticipate the FIII's sound will compare to the OM-03 model, irrespective of woods? To clarify, whatever wood you ordered for the FIII, compare that to the same wood combo in an OM-03. Do the two models overlap? Complement? Just interested in perspective to better understand because I've never played an LS size or a 12 fret guitar.

Bill

It'll be the best sounding Larrivee ever made.

Quote from: Broadus on January 14, 2009, 03:45:24 AM

Bill

I expect they will be pretty similar sounding...except that the 12 fret design should open up the tone and make it sound a little bigger and rounder...
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 13, 2009, 06:04:03 PM

As for the guitars shipping in groups of 5... someone please tell me how that's fair? I think they should all ship at the same time... to be fair that is.  :cheers

I just jumped on the fact that someone mentioned they would be sent out like that, but not far apart.  If you think about Jim Holler's input, getting 76 guitars at once to set up and fit bone saddles would be a major headache.  5 at a time, every day or two, would be a more manageable  task.  I don't know what Jims shop is like size wise, but for anything other than a large store, recieving 76 guitars to set up and turn around for shipping would probably mean closing the shop!!!  I know the fact that some are going direct to canadian buyers will reduce this number, but still.

I still question if they will come out of the factory in numerical order anyway Lynda, that is a big assumption.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF