Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben- I sold Jim my OM-03SP to put towards the forum git. I definitely made the right move, but now have to sell other items to come up with the difference ! But then again, I have about 3 months to do so. Wish me luck !
Jeff   :guitar
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

I agree. But as you know, it is a little extra knowing where you stand. No matter what, I'll be counting the days...
Jeff   :guitar

I don't think they're gonna publish a list of who gets what number here, but I could be wrong. They might let us know the total number... don't know.

Counting the days doesn't make it arrive any sooner.. trust me on this. :roll
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: Daysailer on January 08, 2009, 06:56:44 PM
Thanks for the link.  I like the paleness   :smile:
Hope the runout on that top is a photographic thing.  I have had three 03 spruce topped Larrivées and none of them have shown any runout issues.  I'm a bit OCD about runout, too many cheap gits in my past.  With my history of great, no-runout tops from Larrivée I wasnt concerned about it on these F-III's.  Glossy/Satin not a concern for me. 

Runout......aaaarrrrggggh.. :doh

Daysailier, I'm with you 100% on this one.  But I've seen very few Larrivees with runout and I'm also hoping the F-III tops are matched accordingly.
Play it daily for best results.

I take that you would know. I've seen your posts about how long your wait is going to be. You must be one extremely patient person. But you're right again, the wait only makes the end better...   :smile:
Jeff

I just realized that I didn't post the "traditional" doughnuts & such on my firsy post, so here they are. I hope I didn't leave anybody hungry !
Jeff  :donut :donut2 :coffee :coffee :donut2 :donut

Quote from: BluesMan1 on January 08, 2009, 09:42:52 PM
I just realized that I didn't post the "traditional" doughnuts & such on my firsy post, so here they are. I hope I didn't leave anybody hungry !
Jeff  :donut :donut2 :coffee :coffee :donut2 :donut
What's a "firsy" post?    Thanks for the grub.

My mistake. Meant first post. Sorry ! :bgrin:

Quote from: BluesMan1 on January 08, 2009, 07:21:48 PM
Ben- I sold Jim my OM-03SP to put towards the forum git. I definitely made the right move, but now have to sell other items to come up with the difference ! But then again, I have about 3 months to do so. Wish me luck !

Then that's BluesMan1 OM-03SP and my OM-03R at Jim's.

BluesMan1: obviously you had the good sense to pay for your FIII, I ordered a new guitar! (Martin D-18)

Cheers,

Adam
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

Yet another link of interest to those wondering what their IS/RW or IS/MH will sound like:

From the UMGF.
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

I also just came across this link to ''Italian spruce". Strativari Himself used it for violins.

http://www.rctonewoods.rcefaluguitars.com/italian_spruce.htm

Quote from: limnephilidae on January 09, 2009, 12:31:04 AM
Yet another link of interest to those wondering what their IS/RW or IS/MH will sound like:

From the UMGF.
Well... they have as many opinions as we do but what was said about the Mahogany IS seems to be all good and right up the alley I was thinking along.
          But the Larrivee build will make a difference and time will change each F-III. The All Hog will probably have the best overall tone at first, but then change the least as it ages. The IS tops should lose that "smack ya upside the head" boldness and brightness as they age and are played in.                         

I ran across a 30th anniversary headstock and wondered if it wouldn't look nice on the F-III...being a retro git and all. I like that she is looking back in the mirror at the 30 years that had passed back in 1997 I guess. I imagine that is Wendy. I hope whoever posted this originally doesn't mind it being re-posted.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: dependan on January 09, 2009, 12:51:03 AM
Well... they have as many opinions as we do but what was said about the Mahogany IS seems to be all good and right up the alley I was thinking along.
          But the Larrivee build will make a difference and time will change each F-III. The All Hog will probably have the best overall tone at first, but then change the least as it ages. The IS tops should lose that "smack ya upside the head" boldness and brightness as they age and are played in.                         

I ran across a 30th anniversary headstock and wondered if it wouldn't look nice on the F-III...being a retro git and all. I like that she is looking back in the mirror at the 30 years that had passed back in 1997 I guess. I imagine that is Wendy. I hope whoever posted this originally doesn't mind it being re-posted.

I think Holly would have a heart attack if that were on the headstock. LOL

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 09, 2009, 10:15:09 AM
I was just having fun with it. Of course it would never be on our F-III. Actually I prefer nothing on it at all.

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 09, 2009, 10:15:09 AM

"Surprise!!!" from Larrivee
"Thump' me falling over.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

:roll :roll :roll :roll :roll

dan- good info on the IS tops. Everyone should check it out; it also explains the "runout" look on the one side. Strativeri used them ?
Can't wait !
Jeff :guitar

:nana_guitar :nana_guitar :nana_guitar :nana_guitar :nana_guitar :nana_guitar :nana_guitar :nana_guitar

look what the banana guy is playing.....

that's right..... a hog top LS!!
Jeffrey

Yeah, but it's a banana guy.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

But a Happy banana guy none-the-less. :nana_guitar