Pages: 1 ... 106 [107] 108 ... 119   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar discussion  (Read 211147 times)
TimButterfield

Ignore
« Reply #2120 on: January 08, 2009, 06:00:20 AM »

All this talk about the numbering of the F-III guitars got me wondering:  What if Larrivee decides to keep an open ordering system for the guitar?  I mean, people could order with Jim H and every 5 or 10 orders he could contact Larrivee and get more built.  I doubt Larrivee will throw away the molds.  It may or may not be tied to this forum, and the price would likely be higher.
I wondered about this in another thread.  Since this run will take a while to produce, would they really say no to someone that wanted in really late?  I'm kind of hoping they would say no.    But, others may be glad of an opportunity to squeeze in on the F-III.

Tim

2000 Larrivée OM-10
2007 Larrivée P-09 QM (Quilted Maple)
2008 Pavan TP-30 (RW/Cedar)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2121 on: January 08, 2009, 06:13:13 AM »

1) The molds were at the sizes we have specified in the past, so they probably still have them.
2) There is a specific person who will receive the "LAST" number

Thus if there are 77 orders then 77 will be the "LAST" Forum III guitar made. Maybe another run will be started or the same exact specs used, but they won't say Forum III on the label. Maybe Forum IV or LSV-03 MT etc.
           But Jim Holler and the Larrivee Forum are the F-III purchasers, and to have it be called the F-III with the numbering just continuing on and on would take some of the "custom order" appeal away from this little git. And I just don't see a gentleman like Jim Holler or Jean Larrivee doing that.

There will be a FIRST and a LAST F-III, it's that simple.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #2122 on: January 08, 2009, 07:45:42 AM »

Want to see a Larrivee with an Italian Spruce top?

Here you go.

You can get an idea of the paleness of the wood. It looks even whiter than my Adirondack top.

- Adam

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2123 on: January 08, 2009, 07:55:36 AM »

Very nice IS, thanks for the post.

This is the image on the Guitar Adoptions website. It's a LV-10 Madagascar/IS
                                                 http://www.guitaradoptions.com

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2124 on: January 08, 2009, 12:44:27 PM »

Adam/Danny, nice find.  Glad to see others spend as much time looking at guitars for sale as I do!!  It is nice looking.  I actually think it will suit the satin finish very nicely.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2125 on: January 08, 2009, 02:09:11 PM »

Thanks for posting the pics. I love a pale top, so that has made me even more thrilled that I jumped back on the bandwagon.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2126 on: January 08, 2009, 04:24:08 PM »

Here you go.

You can get an idea of the paleness of the wood. It looks even whiter than my Adirondack top.

- Adam

Very nice indeed. Concerning the tuners, in the overview Dave has Schallers listed but in the photo of the back it looks like they say Larrivee (pings).
Plus it says "Multi Layer Rosewood Body Binding", looks like flame Maple to me.

Are my eyes just messed up?

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #2127 on: January 08, 2009, 04:30:29 PM »

hahaha.................... (sort of thinking, maybe I shouldda gone with the IS........)

Jeffrey

rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2128 on: January 08, 2009, 04:54:56 PM »

There will be a FIRST and a LAST F-III, it's that simple.

Danny,

Thanks for holding the fort.

My visits to the Forum will be minimal for the next little while [since I like this place a lot - this is difficult]
as it is a busy time of the year at work.

My silence will mean I'm following your advice, "Shut up and play your guitar."
But, I'll check in every now and again.

Fellow Forumites, please feel free to PM me anytime.

Me and the OO had a little concert last night - so comfy I played it in bed.

ricky 

PS - thanks for the LSV-10 pic with madagascar / IS - I kept the cutaway and now I wonder if I should do the whole works with the H-purfling.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2129 on: January 08, 2009, 04:58:09 PM »

Danny,

Thanks for holding the fort.

My visits to the Forum will be minimal for the next little while [since I like this place a lot - this is difficult]
as it is a busy time of the year at work.

My silence will mean I'm following your advice, "Shut up and play your guitar."
But, I'll check in every now and again.

Fellow Forumites, please feel free to PM me anytime.

Me and the OO had a little concert last night - so comfy I played it in bed.

ricky 

PS - thanks for the LSV-10 pic with madagascar / IS - I kept the cutaway and now I wonder if I should do the whole works with the H-purfling.
  If you do the cut a way you gotta do the H-bone.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2130 on: January 08, 2009, 05:14:19 PM »

I didn't know that....I ordered the cut but left off the 'bone.

crying

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2131 on: January 08, 2009, 05:20:55 PM »

He already DID the cutaway. Danny, you're a worse enabler than me.

tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2132 on: January 08, 2009, 05:31:41 PM »

Daddy, are we there yet? blush

Don't you make me stop this thread young man!

Tad

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -
kaos

Ignore
« Reply #2133 on: January 08, 2009, 05:42:02 PM »

Did I miss it or has anybody said what the final tally was for the F-III guitars?  77?

mary

blush
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2134 on: January 08, 2009, 08:46:33 PM »

Did I miss it or has anybody said what the final tally was for the F-III guitars?  77?

mary

Not that I'm aware of. However, in speaking with Jim, I know there are more orders with him than were posted in the order thread here.

BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2135 on: January 08, 2009, 10:13:07 PM »

I think I have just underlined how much I am looking forward to this Forum III.  I have just concluded the sale of my D-09, and seriously was happy packaging it up because it felt like I was really facilitating the purchase of what will be a better guitar for me.

I am glad i bought the D-09, as it introduced me to larrivee, but I am more grateful for this forum and you kind folk because I would never have got into smaller guitars like I have.  the guy who has bought my D-09 seems genuinely thrilled, so everyone is happy.

bigrin bigrin bigrin bigrin

It also means I can pay Jim the balance before the exchange rate gets any worse.  Happy days.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2136 on: January 08, 2009, 11:36:55 PM »

I think I have just underlined how much I am looking forward to this Forum III.  I have just concluded the sale of my D-09, and seriously was happy packaging it up because it felt like I was really facilitating the purchase of what will be a better guitar for me.

I am glad i bought the D-09, as it introduced me to larrivee, but I am more grateful for this forum and you kind folk because I would never have got into smaller guitars like I have.  the guy who has bought my D-09 seems genuinely thrilled, so everyone is happy.

bigrin bigrin bigrin bigrin

It also means I can pay Jim the balance before the exchange rate gets any worse.  Happy days.

Congrats and happy for you Ben.  You must be one of the first to pay your FG III in full. 

I should watch the exchange rate trend so I can pay installments when the day is good.

ricky
Daysailer

Ignore
« Reply #2137 on: January 09, 2009, 12:56:44 AM »

Here you go.
- Adam
Thanks for the link.   
I like the paleness   
Hope the runout on that top is a photographic thing.  I have had three 03 spruce topped Larrivées and none of them have shown any runout issues.  I'm a bit OCD about runout, too many cheap gits in my past.  With my history of great, no-runout tops from Larrivée I wasnt concerned about it on these F-III's.  Glossy/Satin not a concern for me.  Runout......aaaarrrrggggh..

ds

L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2138 on: January 09, 2009, 01:16:09 AM »

lyric girl- I asked the same question on page 104 about the count posted might not be right. Someone said that Jim was taking a big order @ the moment. Maybe a senior member could get Jim to email them the final total to post (the order sent to Larrivee). I know my # too, but the only person that tells me I'm special is my shrink !
Jeff

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2139 on: January 09, 2009, 01:20:25 AM »

lyric girl- I asked the same question on page 104 about the count posted might not be right. Someone said that Jim was taking a big order @ the moment. Maybe a senior member could get Jim to email them the final total to post (the order sent to Larrivee). I know my # too, but the only person that tells me I'm special is my shrink !
Jeff

Does it REALLY matter how many there are going to be? I think that should be part of the allure...????

Pages: 1 ... 106 [107] 108 ... 119   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: