Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Jagadis on January 07, 2009, 05:23:37 PM
I think I'm in the middle of the pack and you know what?...thats ok with me.  I'm just happy I'm getting one of these special guitars.  i don't think the number really matters at all.  I'm kinda thinking that I wouldn't want to be in the first ten anyways cause these guitars will be the first in this body style that they have made in quite some years.  Ya never wanna buy the car in the first couple of months of production.... :humour: :humour: :humour:

What I want to know is what does Larrivee think of this whole crazy project?  Were they shocked by the size of the order?  Did they get a kick out of the whole thing or do they think we is all nuts?

Now 88 days to go and counting....

Jordan.

88 days??? Did I miss something?
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 07, 2009, 05:39:29 PM
I already know because I'm special...

lyric_girl, you'll always be #1 as far as I'm concerned !  :cheers

T the P

Quote from: tuffythepug on January 07, 2009, 05:51:37 PM

lyric_girl, you'll always be #1 as far as I'm concerned !  :cheers

T the P

Yeah right!

My number means mine will be the one they go "What the hell, let's put a cutaway on it anyhow."

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 07, 2009, 05:41:48 PM
88 days??? Did I miss something?

I thought it was going to take Larrivee 90 days (3 months) to build the guitars.  Order went in on Monday.  We are at 90-2 = 88 days to go... :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

that was an approximation...

we were told 3-4 months.
Jeffrey

Quote from: strawintogold on January 07, 2009, 06:52:46 PM
My number means mine will be the one they go "What the hell, let's put a cutaway on it anyhow."

holly

Holly, then you would definitely get more bang for your buck!

Quote from: Jagadis on January 07, 2009, 07:03:44 PM
I thought it was going to take Larrivee 90 days (3 months) to build the guitars.  Order went in on Monday.  We are at 90-2 = 88 days to go... :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Jordan.

Jordan, you don't wait very well do you?

Norman- I agree with you. We all should consider ourselves lucky to have the chance to own such a special guitar. I sold Jim my OM-03SP to put towards my forum guitar, which took days of emailing & sending him photos. This is how I know my # (I asked him when he received my OM). I know that I made the right move in doing this.
Jeff  :guitar
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

All this talk about the numbering of the F-III guitars got me wondering:  What if Larrivee decides to keep an open ordering system for the guitar?  I mean, people could order with Jim H and every 5 or 10 orders he could contact Larrivee and get more built.  I doubt Larrivee will throw away the molds.  It may or may not be tied to this forum, and the price would likely be higher.

The UMGF has a Martin 00-18V (I think that is the designation) UMGF forum guitar that anyone can order from a few select dealers (or is it just one?).  It's a sweetie of a box, gloss, and pretty high in price (> $2600 IIRC).  They are just numbered as Forum Guitar #___.  I think it takes 4-6 months for it and some options are permitted.

Anyway, just a thought.
Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 07, 2009, 07:20:15 PM
Jordan, you don't wait very well do you?

Yeah...thats me.  I've got the patience of a 2 year old.  Lets just say that waiting a year for a Rickenbacker 360 Jet Glo to arrive would put me in an institution...

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

Quote from: Jagadis on January 07, 2009, 09:20:36 PM
Yeah...thats me.  I've got the patience of a 2 year old.  Lets just say that waiting a year for a Rickenbacker 360 Jet Glo to arrive would put me in an institution...

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Jordan.

That's a year if I'm lucky!

Quote from: BluesMan1 on January 07, 2009, 04:37:30 PM
If you really want to know what # you are, email Jim & when he has a chance, he'll let you know.

Oh, do it.  Jim would love 75 emails asking 'what number am I'?  :tongue:
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 07, 2009, 05:39:29 PM
I already know because I'm special...

You're special alright!  :arrow
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

The comment about the emails was kinda' a half joke. You're right: 66 emails to answer ? It was meant for those that can't wait & have to know NOW. :thumbsup

prof- i wondered the same thing. The cost to manufacture molds isn't cheap . I was thinking that maybe Larrivee had some of the old molds lying around & would be used. That is something to think about... But then again, they won't be as unique as our forum III guitars !
Jeff   :guitar

Daddy, are we there yet? :blush:

You know, I was thinking that no matter what happens with the molds, our guitars would be unique. The LS body, IS, hb, rosette & purfling (if ordered), satin finish, ... Unless it's a special order nothing will be like it. The HOG/HOG's will be unique based on the LS body, besides the wood combo. Besides, we would have the first ones produced. Don't really think it will happen. Not yet !
Jeff   :guitar