Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I volunteer to go last in the build list as that means my bill comes later in the year.  :yak:

Happy Birthday Tuffy!  :beer
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

Quote from: limnephilidae on January 06, 2009, 11:58:31 AM
I volunteer to go last in the build list as that means my bill comes later in the year.  :yak:

Ditto
Jeffrey

Quote from: tuffythepug on January 06, 2009, 11:45:07 AM
Maybe the forum guitars should be built and shipped according to the age of the buyer:  i.e. the oldest buyer gets theirs first, then the next oldest, etc....  After all, the older buyers will have less time to enjoy their forum IIIs before it's time for the permanent dirt nap.       :bgrin:

Tuffythepug (proudly celebrating 59 years on planet earth as of yesterday) :roll

I haven't been completely honest thus far.  This is me  :whistling:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Is that a bullet hole in your head?
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

It might be a bullet hole.  memoy isn't all it used to be.  What is a forum guitar agian? :?
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Happy Birthday, Tuffy!!!  :cheers
Serge

2009 Larrivée F-III LS-03RHB #36
2009 Larrivée A-33

Ben, I hate to say it but from the look of your picture you may not even be around to see the darned form III when it ships out in a few months.  It better go "red label" rush I guess.   :laughin:

Ben, how 'bout leaving that FGIII to me in your will? Please pre-pay for it!

Bill
Martin OM-21; Eastman AC710S

The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. (Westminster Shorter Catechism---1647)

Quote from: BenF on January 06, 2009, 02:32:31 PM
It might be a bullet hole.  memoy isn't all it used to be.  What is a forum guitar agian? :?

"keep those damn kids from playing guitar on my lawn!!!"
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

Quote from: limnephilidae on January 06, 2009, 04:43:16 PM
"keep those damn kids from playing guitar on my lawn!!!"
:roll :roll

This forum is ace.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

I just looked at the picture again.  It might be a bullet hole.  Is the guy actually dead?  sorry if i accidentally posted a pic of a dead guy. :doh 
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Ben,

You're one old looking 30 year old then  :humour:  :roll
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 06, 2009, 04:59:24 PM
Ben,

You're one old looking 30 year old then  :humour:  :roll
  Damn - busted!!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Happy B-day Tuffy    :nanadance

I am glad I ordered at the very last minute, 5:58 pm on 1-2-09....

If ya'll get it right and they build in order of orders,  they will get enough practice to get it right by the time they build the very best one.....

the IS/HOG for Day Sailer....          :roll
L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person

Does anybody know if the guitars are built "even" first, then "odd" (#'s) ? I ordered an IS/RW on the 29th, then changed to IS/HOG on the 2nd after speaking with Dave Wren. Jim told me I was #47, so it seems like I"m in the middle either way.

I seem to remember Randy saying that Jim told him that there was a big order that came in (or was coming in). Do the final #'s posted actually reflect the total that were ordered ? I thought it was mentioned that we might reach around 100 guitars. Anybody help me out on this ?

Also, great news on the tuners ! The Pings can be hit or miss, but the Schallers are a nice step up.

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Oh, by the way, Happy B-day Tuffy ! I'm 51, but you look much younger. Must be the cigars !
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Happy Birthday and thanks for the advice on the all Hog  :beer

I hear they are building the all hogs first, since it is only one wood and less complicated  :bgrin:

david
Larrivee Forum-III all hog

Quote from: BluesMan1 on January 06, 2009, 11:34:04 PM
Does anybody know if the guitars are built "even" first, then "odd" (#'s) ? I ordered an IS/RW on the 29th, then changed to IS/HOG on the 2nd after speaking with Dave Wren. Jim told me I was #47, so it seems like I"m in the middle either way.

Bluesman...I was teasing when I posted the even/odd build sequence. It seemed so silly that I didn't think anybody would believe it. The number in Randy's order thread will have no impact on build or ship sequence...its just a list of orders.  Larrivee builds guitars in batches...and whose guitar is in any batch will be luck of the draw.
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1