Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: dependan on January 05, 2009, 01:17:11 PM
  I agree Norm, besides we are getting Mahogany/Italian Spruce 12 frets to the body and I believe some extra TLC from Larrivee on these. I think the purfling will be like Q. says.
OK I gotta stop thinking about this... 3 days of waiting to get my last Larrivee was enough (00-09FM) Now we have at least 3 months or so. Even holly may resort to an emoticon or two :arrow

Never!

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: GeeNorm on January 05, 2009, 12:18:20 PM
Regarding the top purfling affect on sound I can't say. But for me it was one of those "things you do for love" to order it for my FG-III.

Norman
Heh your sig. picture looks a lot like mine. Your LSV-11 is larger though. (as if you didn't know)
Quote from: es-335 on January 05, 2009, 11:45:23 AM
I can't seem to think that purifying would effect the sound.

Do you think Jeff knows he wrote PURIFYING instead of purfling? He's probably pulling my leg.

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 05, 2009, 01:21:41 PM
Danny,

gotta say that three months will go by VERY fast. You should order a Rickenbacker. LOL. I'm in my fourth month of a minimum 12 months wait.
At least we both have new Larrivees to keep us company until then :thumbsup

Quote from: strawintogold on January 05, 2009, 01:22:51 PM
Never!

holly
Well, then are you going to "purify" your F-III? Inquiring minds want to know.

Pffft, try having a baby. It's akin to having the guitar built inside you for nine months and then expelling it for a few twelve hours or so. Three months, ha! I scoff at your three months!

You may garner sympathy if you start throwing up every morning until the guitar is done though.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: dependan on January 05, 2009, 01:25:46 PM
Well, then are you going to "purify" your F-III? Inquiring minds want to know.

Of course, removing the cash will accomplish that quite nicely.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.

Please note, the number on my forum roll-up list is NOT the number that Larrivee will be assigning the guitars. That was just me keeping count. No other meaning.

We're way over 70 orders, and I should have the final number from Jim soon.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

I bet Jim doesn't sell 70 guitars in a good month.....good for him. Its a good way to start a year that's predicted for below average consumer sales....

Now I wish I would get a windfall order into my shop....
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

I bet even a big music retail store don't sell +70 guitars that are over +$1000 ......
Jeffrey

Quote from: Dotneck on January 05, 2009, 03:50:47 PM
I bet Jim doesn't sell 70 guitars in a good month.....good for him. Its a good way to start a year that's predicted for below average consumer sales....

Now I wish I would get a windfall order into my shop....

Forum guitar build DVD anyone?

Woohoo - 500 posts!! :nana_guitar
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Ben,

Congrats! I only recently reached 100 posts.

However, Great Minds Think Alike regarding the build process video. I suggested just such an undertaking early on. This large vote of confidence in the design and construction quality by loyal fans is the stuff of promotional video.

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

Quote from: GeeNorm on January 05, 2009, 04:32:27 PM
Ben,

Congrats! I only recently reached 100 posts.

However, Great Minds Think Alike regarding the build process video. I suggested just such an undertaking early on. This large vote of confidence in the design and construction quality by loyal fans is the stuff of promotional video.

Norman

It was something of a tonge in cheek response to Dotneck looking for a windfall - was trying to do something smart and witty for my 500th post.  I noticed his weblink was for his video/dvd editing/duplicating shop.  However, it would be great to have at least some photos of the build, like was done for the forum II.  Makes it that little bit more special IMHO.  Forum II owners will be able to look at those pics and see their own guitars, as most of the pics show the serial numbers.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

I was responding to a question in another thread and found this post which is from before we had ever considered ordering a F-III.
                                  the date was Oct, 21st 2008
" Keeps your eyes out for "Italian spruce" tops. JCL showed me some at Yarnel Place. I asked if it was like Adirondack and he said it was. There was a fairly large stack of tops so we should see quite a few get made."

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=21481.msg206355#msg206355

(Some of our tops are in there. I just thought it was interesting that I said this back then. I really had forgot about it until I saw it tonight responding to a question.)

[attachment deleted by admin]

That "pile" looks mighty sweet. Perhaps my top is in there somewhere...?! Yes, another Forum III club member (67th order).  :+1:
Cheers,

Will

Acoustic, Electric & Air guitars

*** I have some good intel !!****  For those that care...

I was on the phone with Greg at Larrivee yesterday (the guy that took Luke's place) and he said that Schaller Tuners will now come standard on all guitars fro the 03 series to the 10 series.  I guess that means out little set of Forum iii's will have em too!  I hope thats right.  Nice upgrade...  Also as far as numbers go on the guitar order.  I spoke to Jim to clarify my order yesterday.  It was in the mid 70's.  Jim sent the order in later yesterday.  They will come in groups of 5 or so every few days.  Not sure who's first...  At least 3 months on the first batch (I'm sure most of you know that).
Just thought I'd share... I was suprised on the tuner issue.  COOL!!! :nana_guitar
A bunch of great guitars I don't deserve and a gaggle of fly rods.... Aint life grand?

Quote from: Bltprf502 on January 06, 2009, 06:47:28 AM
*** I have some good intel !!****  For those that care...

I was on the phone with Greg at Larrivee yesterday (the guy that took Luke's place) and he said that Schaller Tuners will now come standard on all guitars fro the 03 series to the 10 series.  I guess that means out little set of Forum iii's will have em too!  I hope thats right.  Nice upgrade...  Also as far as numbers go on the guitar order.  I spoke to Jim to clarify my order yesterday.  It was in the mid 70's.  Jim sent the order in later yesterday.  They will come in groups of 5 or so every few days.  Not sure who's first...  At least 3 months on the first batch (I'm sure most of you know that).
Just thought I'd share... I was suprised on the tuner issue.  COOL!!! :nana_guitar

That is really good news on the tuners.  It is a shame that such good guitars are let down by something so minor.  It might sound silly, but some people like the Larrivee logo on the pings.  I think it looks cheap.  I would far rather see quality hardware, like Schallers of Gotohs branded as Schaller or Gotoh on something as expensive as a good guitar.  Would you buy a Ford car with Ford tyres for example.  My assumption would be cheap tyres, branded with a Ford logo.  Hope that simile makes sense.

Bummer about the 5 at a time thing, but it will probably give JH some breathing space with setups and saddle upgrades. 

Still, overseas orders first, eh :whistling: :whistling:.  Back on planet earth, I suppose it is pretty much dependent on what comes out of the factory, given that there are three wood combos, cutaways, HB purfling etc.  We'll all just have to cross our fingers that our specs will be the first ones out.  There is no cartoon icon (are they called emoticons or something?) for fingers crossed.  Where is Lawn Jockey when you need an amusing icon?

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

I agree on the tuners.  I love the chrome look, and Schallers work really well.  Matter of fact, I changed out the ebonoids on my D-10 because I liked the Schallers better.

Can't wait 'til spring!

5 at a time...

Well, since there are only a "few" all hogs ordered, I think they would be made first and then quickly sent to all those who live far far away...

like japan  :humour:

david
Larrivee Forum-III all hog

It was the rosewood folks that officially got this project off the ground, rosewood 1st!!  :nanadance
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

I sure hope the tuner change happens for us.  If so, I would stick with the stock tuners, saving me some $$
Scott

RS-2