Pages: 1 ... 93 [94] 95 ... 119   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar discussion  (Read 202031 times)
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #1860 on: January 03, 2009, 04:32:56 PM »

What if there is no surprises.....?

Jeffrey

strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1861 on: January 03, 2009, 04:34:07 PM »

Wouldn't that be one, by default? I don't like surprises, then again i don't like getting excited about anything either. Too much 'other shoe' involved.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1862 on: January 03, 2009, 04:35:14 PM »

I would be surprised if there was no surprise, so that would be a surprise. wacko

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1863 on: January 03, 2009, 04:38:10 PM »

Maybe thats why early on Jim said that Jean is not doing any more surprises. Maybe after he added abalone rosette (I believe that was the surprise) to the other forum guitars some people were not happy and voiced their opinion to him.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Daysailer

Ignore
« Reply #1864 on: January 03, 2009, 07:06:03 PM »

Ok, this should kick us to page 100     

I'm seeing many different nick-names (abreviated generic reference) for this Larrivée Forum Guitar III.

Since we did such a great job agreeing on the guitar, agreeing on a consistant nick-name (abreviated generic reference) should be a piece of cake.   ?  right ???   (mabe not)

I will leave the imagining, listing, proposing, defending, lobbying, bribing  (oh that politics, sorry), and voting (politics again) in the fantasticly qualified hands and hearts of "The 65"   bowdown

ds   rolleye

EDITED, to replace 'Nickname' with 'abreviated generic reference'

L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person
Daysailer

Ignore
« Reply #1865 on: January 03, 2009, 07:10:35 PM »

Just read an interesting post, see daysailer's post above.

FG-3 .. eh
F3, sounds like a race car, but nice and short
F-III,  looks kind 'a classy, like a prepy 'sir winston livingstone nelson, 'The Third'

ds     

(ok,  I'm shamelessly padding my post count to get to 600 today)

OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
Seagull Artist Folk
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1866 on: January 03, 2009, 07:11:08 PM »

F-III             For those with a softer voice  f-iii

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #1867 on: January 03, 2009, 07:13:40 PM »

Good bait in the water, Daysailer!

How about F3 for Friends, Family, Fun.

We Forumites are the Friends, the Larrivees are the Family, and the good times playing will surely be the Fun.

Norman

Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1868 on: January 03, 2009, 07:16:37 PM »

How about 'Steve'?

This is all nuts. Let's name it 'JoJo', have a Jean bobblehead affixed on the headstock, voice actived laser light rosette and a sandwich dispenser soundhole. Which could be cool, I'm not sure.

Surprise!

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1869 on: January 03, 2009, 07:21:00 PM »

How about 'Steve'?

This is all nuts. Let's name it 'JoJo', have a Jean bobblehead affixed on the headstock, voice actived laser light rosette and a sandwich dispenser soundhole. Which could be cool, I'm not sure.

Surprise!

holly

:

You do sarcasm very well holly

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #1870 on: January 03, 2009, 07:43:06 PM »

... and a sandwich dispenser soundhole. Which could be cool, I'm not sure.

holly

That might or might not be cool. But I actually remember a period of time in the '50s or '60s when you could buy loaves of round bread, the better to contain those round slices of bologna or salami.

Norman

Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1871 on: January 03, 2009, 07:43:52 PM »

Nickname?  That's for each of us to decide for our own LS-03. 

Forum III is the "official" name, so F-III works.  But the Mac disciples might want   i-F-ii   

Play it daily for best results.
Daysailer

Ignore
« Reply #1872 on: January 03, 2009, 08:42:55 PM »

Nickname?  That's for each of us to decide for our own LS-03. 

'Nickname' was a poor choice of words.  sorry   blush

What I meant was; "abreviated generic reference to", 
When typed in my origianal post,  that seemed too clinical,  so I 'choose poorly' an alternate wording.

(original post edited to reflect original intent)

OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
Seagull Artist Folk
plankspanker

Ignore
« Reply #1873 on: January 03, 2009, 08:50:47 PM »

but I would be nice if I could at least get this as early (or late) as everybody else.

Sure, Jean can use his magic sleigh and reindeer. Oh, wait, that's Santa. Another figure of mythic proportions. I'm sure everyone will be discreet IF discretion is warranted but I'm not sure how anyone can swing them all being delivered at the same time. You can't get that to happen inside one country, much less on an International level.

holly

Sorry.
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1874 on: January 03, 2009, 09:05:32 PM »

Oh, don't be sorry. I was just teasing you. I refuse to resort to smiley's so you'll have to trust me on that one.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1875 on: January 03, 2009, 09:26:29 PM »

How about 'Steve'?

Surprise!

holly

Good idea Holly, would you like me to start a poll to take a vote. 

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1876 on: January 03, 2009, 09:48:39 PM »

Man, I actually finished reading the last 3-4 pages or so since last night.

Regarding the "surprise" - the guitar specs are finalized, we have had many surprises along the way, if there's any tricks left in Jean or Jim's bag(s) - so be it; otherwise, I hope I'm speaking for all of us... I'm just so thankful we are now living life after January 2, 2009... not a very long time since the original thread and first post was started on the evening of November 28, 2008.    What's that... all of December + 4 days (2 in Nov and 2 in Jan).

Good point on keeping the low bling design.

As for me asking questions to Jim H whenever there's a request, I publicly apologize to Jim H and the good folks of this Forum... if I keep coming to him with questions that have already been answered.  I guess I merely see myself as a "messenger". My personality is one that want to accommodate and include everyone.

Since my upbringing is in a culture where haggling is a virtue, and raised by shrewd and thrifty business minded Dad and Mom, I tend to be the typical buyer - who wants to get as many features and as many gifts / surprises as I can for FREE... I even have some really selfish thoughts about "the deal I deserve" but quickly deleted that shameless line the other night.

So... this is not exactly "breaking news" but my cheap shot at pushing for Page 100... and hopefully a more substantive nth post.

ricky

Now... back to regular programming... where were we..... nicknames... eerrrrhhh.... abbreviations !!!
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1877 on: January 03, 2009, 09:54:44 PM »

Let's be mindful of Jim H... he is working so hard and keeping farmer's hours.   
I hope he gets peace and quiet and good rest and lots of alone and family time in the midst of this.

This has been said many many times... we thank you and appreciate you a lot Jim H for representing us and making this project possible.

Many thanks to the Larrivee family... may your tribe increase and bless the current and future generations with countless delicious musical instruments !!!

Warmly,

ricky
Broadus

Ignore
« Reply #1878 on: January 03, 2009, 10:00:39 PM »

Ricky,

To aid in the progression of this thread to 100 pages (!), I was curious as to how you conceive your LS-03R comparing to your 00-09 in sound and playability.

Let's be mindful of Jim H... he is working so hard and keeping farmer's hours.  
I hope he gets peace and quiet and good rest and lots of alone and family time in the midst of this.

This has been said many many times... we thank you and appreciate you a lot Jim H for representing us and making this project possible.

Many thanks to the Larrivee family... may your tribe increase and bless the current and future generations with countless delicious musical instruments !!!

Warmly,

ricky

Ricky,

To aid in the progression of this thread to 100 pages (!), I was curious as to how you conceive your LS-03R comparing to your 00-09 in sound and playability. I think a used 00 may be in the future.

BTW, it's been fun following all the meanderings of this thread. A couple of times I almost contacted Jim to try to work out some sort of a deal, like trading my ST68 plus cash or something.  bigrin Deadline has passed and still on the outside looking in, but it's fun to look. And to think of all the times I teased my wife about window shopping!

Best,
Bill

Martin OM-21; Eastman AC710S

The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. (Westminster Shorter Catechism---1647)
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1879 on: January 03, 2009, 10:14:47 PM »

Ricky,

To aid in the progression of this thread to 100 pages (!), I was curious as to how you conceive your LS-03R comparing to your 00-09 in sound and playability.

Ricky,

To aid in the progression of this thread to 100 pages (!), I was curious as to how you conceive your LS-03R comparing to your 00-09 in sound and playability. I think a used 00 may be in the future.

BTW, it's been fun following all the meanderings of this thread. A couple of times I almost contacted Jim to try to work out some sort of a deal, like trading my ST68 plus cash or something.  bigrin Deadline has passed and still on the outside looking in, but it's fun to look. And to think of all the times I teased my wife about window shopping!

Best,
Bill

There are 2 Larrivee dealers in Edmonton and 1 has an LSV-11e in stock --- that will set me back midway between 3-4 Gs in Canadian pesos.  I played it twice.  I figure, it will be the closest thing to my LSV-03R.... ladies & gentlemen, vanity won again, emotion won again - I kept the cutaway option. But my FG III is half the price of the LSV-11e... Yey !!!

My OO-09 is a very comfortable couch guitar. I believe this would suit your playing style as you don't strum much. It's best for finger style and has a surprising volume and projection that I tend to take a second look to convince my eyes that it is coming from that small guitar... just a smidge bigger in the lower bout than my Ami.

The OO disappoints me in the strumming department. That's not what it's designed to do.  So if I want my guitar to "growl" without falling apart, I go to my Taylor GS. Should I replace the GS someday, I hope there will be the signature Larrivee model in my future - the L-03R.

Here's what I've yet to do with my OO:
(1) Install a K&K pwm.
(2) Install a bone saddle... I hear from other OO owners that it makes a big difference.
(3) Lots of fun with this... experiment with different strings... the only ones I've known is the Elixir Mediums that all my Taylors came with.
(4) Sell it together with all my other guitars and keep the FG III for good, for life... and live the word "simplicity."

I'm expecting my LSV-03R FG III to be the guitar I'd grow old with.   I see it having a few bumps and nicks and hopefully mature and develop it's own MOJO.

IMHO, you deserve a FG III just for being a man of steel when it comes to Cents-ibility. 

ricky
Pages: 1 ... 93 [94] 95 ... 119   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: