Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My impression is since Larrivee funded a price reduction to keep the cost down while providing his prized Italian Spruce plus Mahogany rather than Sapele for this project the profit margin for Larrivee and also Trinity has to be pretty small.  They are basically doing us loyal Larrivee users a favor.

Perhaps they could justify those buyer friendly terms on the basis that the orders would come in much lower than they actually are now in at.   I don't think hand built guitars have much economy of scale and aren't cheaper by the dozen.  Just my two cents but I don't think larger numbers warrant the thought of extra add ons by either Larrivee or Trinity.  Let's be happy and gracious for what we have.

Quote from: prof_stack on January 02, 2009, 09:55:15 PM
Hey, with $70k worth of orders coming their way, Jean and Jim must be pretty happy.  I'm sure no offense was taken at Ricky's request.  JCL on the headstock?  That would seem obscure to most people (JCL - Job Control Language?  Jet Control Lab?).  How about J Larrivee instead.  Take that, R Taylor!   :roll

16 minimum and now 5 times that?  Wow, did we make it to 80 orders before Jim turned off the computer and disconnected the phone?   :wink:
Just a little personal note on this. Jean told me himself that he didn't care for the JCL on the Anniversary model headstock. I asked him why and he just replied, because it's my name.
             I'm really not sure what he meant by that and we had moved on in the little tour at Yarnell Place, so I didn't ask anymore regarding that.
             So it would surprise me to see him have an interest in doing that on these guitars.
I really agree that if there is to be a surprise from JCL then it should be a SURPRISE.
              Regarding the headstock I would like to see it blank. But I don't really care how they do it.
               I am very happy for all of us and Larrivee. It's a sweet deal for all.  :+1:

Quote from: BluesMan1 on January 02, 2009, 09:41:15 PM
As far as any bonus, I agree with BluesMan. That logo (especially in mop!) would be a classy, yet simple touch, jsut like we wnated from the start.

I agree with Holly's previous post and I would alike to see a MOP logo.

This has turned into a huge order, as least it seems that way to me.  I will be more than happy with my hog as ordered, but the MOP would be sweet! They might not do that at the Canada Factory, however, since it is not on 03 option.

With the order getting so large I wonder it bring back the LS would be a good more on Larrivee's part

david
Larrivee Forum-III all hog

Quote from: dazdarren on January 02, 2009, 10:15:34 PM
My impression is since Larrivee funded a price reduction to keep the cost down while providing his prized Italian Spruce plus Mahogany rather than Sapele for this project the profit margin for Larrivee and also Trinity has to be pretty small.  They are basically doing us loyal Larrivee users a favor.

Perhaps they could justify those buyer friendly terms on the basis that the orders would come in much lower than they actually are now in at.   I don't think hand built guitars have much economy of scale and aren't cheaper by the dozen.  Just my two cents but I don't think larger numbers warrant the thought of extra add ons by either Larrivee or Trinity.  Let's be happy and gracious for what we have.

good point

I would like to see JEAN on the logo, But that won't happen either.
                     But if we keep this thread going a few more days we will hit 100 pages.... :winkin:

If we are allowed to dream I would love to have a little Wendy work on the twelth fret, maybe

F-III

No offense Tuffy

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor

Quote from: LookingForLarri on January 02, 2009, 11:08:58 PM
If we are allowed to dream I would love to have a little Wendy work on the twelth fret, maybe

F-III

No offense Tuffy

a little work x 52 = a lot of work  :winkin:

Well, it's Jan. 3rd at Trinity guitars, so I wonder if this is the last order

+1 at the last minute, literally
                 IS/Hog
                 Lyle Beaugard

Or will a little more grace be allowed? I wouldn't give up if I wanted one. Jim is a fine gentlemen and would probably allow a late one too slide in.

Nice dream;

Quote from: LookingForLarri on January 02, 2009, 11:08:58 PM

F-III

No offense Tuffy

Quote from: iDavid on January 02, 2009, 11:11:33 PM
a little work x 52 = a lot of work  :winkin:
Yep....

Working on 100 pages ya know

Just a dream I know...  but I've had to many

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor

Quote from: LookingForLarri on January 02, 2009, 11:20:30 PM

Just a dream I know...  but I've had to many

It is almost impossible to get a decent doughnut in Japan, where I presently live  :crying:

Japan is a great place to live, but not if you need doughnuts  :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut

which at the moment...... I DO!   :wink:

david

I can understand the fact that Jean maybe didn't personally like the JCL logo, as far as the looks of it. I think it's one of the better looking logos out there & unless you know what it is, you wouldn't know it's a Larrivee. I say this with the greatest respect, but doesn't he put his name on all of his guitars? The understated but cool & classy logo would be a great "surprise", even if he stated that he didn't like it because it was his name. I can understand this, but it might have been said half in jest. Don't know. Only dependan knows. I think that the logo in mop would be a nice touch, if trying to think of something to surprise us with! Put it on! Only we Forumnites would know what it means & we know his name already!
As I said, no negative or disresptable thoughts here; only good ones & possibilities.
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Is it just me who favours "Larrivee" logo than "JCL"?
Jeffrey

Quote from: es-335 on January 03, 2009, 12:03:04 AM
Is it just me who favours "Larrivee" logo than "JCL"?

not just you

I prefer Larrivee in MOP over JCL...

I figured the logo would fit in with the guitar. I like Larrivee in mop, also. The logo, like the guitar, is special & unique. I thought I'd trow it out there, to see what responses I might get.
HOPE SPRING COMES EARLY THIS YEAR!
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

"If we are allowed to dream I would love to have a little Wendy work on the twelth fret, maybe

F-III

No offense Tuffy "

No offense taken.  :smile:   My original thought was to have a tasteful inlay on the 12th but the cost factor among others made me revise it to simply the 3 dots.   I still like the 3 dots but I wouldn't say no to 3 silver or mop diamonds similar to the 50 & 60 series markers.  I don't think it's too realistic to expect a very fancy inlay on this particular forum guitar order.   Of course, as you say, we're just dreaming here;  killing time until the things are built and in our trembling hands.

Tuffythepug

3 silver or mop diamonds similar to the 50 & 60 series marker

now there is an idea  :+1:

Quote from: iDavid on January 03, 2009, 12:38:55 AM
3 silver or mop diamonds similar to the 50 & 60 series marker

now there is an idea  :+1:

+1 or maybe a Snowflake, being made in Canada and all

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor

I like that idea...  but

Arent all snow flakes different??
Lets see, assuming 70 F3's X  3  fret markers each. = 210 different designs.

LFL if you could just examine all the ones that fall on your estate and find the master snowflake design, you can save Wendy all  that work

:nanadance

(can u tell I got to the bottom of the wine bottle tonight ?)

:beer
L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person

estate, now that's funny.

The kind of week I had I bypassed the wine and went straight to the Cognac

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS