Pages: 1 ... 90 [91] 92 ... 119   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar discussion  (Read 200638 times)
limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #1800 on: January 03, 2009, 02:04:22 AM »

Hey Ricky,

Thx again!!!!!!

Here is my suggestion for a "special surprise" = Larrivee Arch top Case.  A special guitar needs a special case. .  Given the unique size/depth of the guitar and the large number of orders (60+), JCL probably has to order a special batch of cases anyways...

Thoughts?

Jordan.

I made this suggestion to Jim earlier tonight in an email actually. If it's a reality and doesn't eat into their margin, I'm sure it will be considered. I'm sure he appreciates all of us fanatic (but notoriously picky) Larrivee nuts.

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1801 on: January 03, 2009, 02:06:51 AM »

Oh, I do love a nice archtop case...

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1802 on: January 03, 2009, 02:09:18 AM »

Jim is installing bone saddles, not nuts. The guitars will come with boyh Tusq saddles & nuts, Jim making the switch on the saddle only.

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1803 on: January 03, 2009, 02:21:55 AM »

Personally, I would LOVE an archtop case and it would match Holly's case. However, that being said, I don't have the extra funds this will likely cost.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1804 on: January 03, 2009, 02:30:46 AM »

RICKY,
I think if it's going to be something as a gift from JCL, maybe it can be the JCL Logo instead of the Larrivee logo on the headstock.  Makes the guitar more special without cutting into his profit margin.  I would be very happy with that special addition.

It's been said many many times, but thanks to everyone involved to put all this together.

Joseph

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
BlastersFan55

Ignore
« Reply #1805 on: January 03, 2009, 02:32:59 AM »

RICKY,
I think if it's going to be something as a gift from JCL, maybe it can be the JCL Logo instead of the Larrivee logo on the headstock.  Makes the guitar more special without cutting into his profit margin.  I would be very happy with that special addition.

It's been said many many times, but thanks to everyone involved to put all this together.

Joseph

Man, I'd second that one! 
ark

Ignore
« Reply #1806 on: January 03, 2009, 02:44:22 AM »

Breaking News...

Short Scale: NONE will be offered.  ( I don't know enough technicalities to comment on this. My mind keeps telling me "nothing is impossible." )

Jim, Ricky -- that's disappointing news, but thanks very much for trying again.
Al
Daysailer

Ignore
« Reply #1807 on: January 03, 2009, 02:47:31 AM »

Proud to be part of the F-III family.   bigrin

Dont want to be a stick in the mud here,....but......

When we ordered our Larrivée Forum LS-3's, we paid a very fair price for a known guitar and features.  More choices than any of could have possibly anticipated at the beginning of this process.

If any of us were unhappy with the deal we should have not placed the order.

I am very saddened to see us renegotiate the terms, or in any backhanded way, 'tell' Jean or anyone at Larrivée Guitars what kind of GIFT should be bestowed upon us just because we ordered some guitars.

IF Jean feels like adding anything to this deal, it will surely not be something we 'beg' for because we've been good and deserve it.

I was not a forum member when the first Forum guitars were ordered.  But it is my impression that  Jean surprised those who ordered with the 'bonus' features.

A True Gift would be one of his ideas, freely given.  Or not.

I dont mean to step on anyones toes, and certianly understand our current euphoria. 
Lets let Jean, Larrivée Guitars, and Jim at Trinity do the business that they have agreed to, with no more implied expectations from us.

Thanks.     (slowly retreating from my soapbox).

ds

L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person
Cybenator

Ignore
« Reply #1808 on: January 03, 2009, 03:02:04 AM »

Very well spoken Daysailer...

Greg

Larrivée L-05 Red Spruce Top
DeArmond M-68 Moon Blue
Fender Bullet S-2 Sunburst
Fender Telecaster Thinline
Peavey Predator
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1809 on: January 03, 2009, 03:06:14 AM »

I don't think anyone is terribly serious. But I understand your point. That being said I don't think anyone is renegotiating anything because it's a done deal. I suppose it's the can't hurt excitement. May I point out, that it's that excitement that led Ricky to start this, to get three differant tonewoods and HB and a cutaway as an option.

It's a bunch of 'wouldn't it be great if' or 'if he asks tell him' suggestions that I feel fall within the bounds of graciousness. And while the Forum One and Two may have been done differantly, it's not written in stone that it must be done the same. It's not even managed by the same folks and because the numbers are so much larger, there is opportunity to expand expectation, within reason, simply because it's more feasible for the factory to do.

Let's also acknowledge that this isn't a handout from Larrivee. Sentiment aside, it's a business deal involving sixty plus customers. They deserve to be heard in the process. It's that participation that results in a product everyone is pleased with.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1810 on: January 03, 2009, 03:08:12 AM »

Daysailer, you nailed it. Good job.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1811 on: January 03, 2009, 03:12:30 AM »

I agree 100%. We should take anything extra as a "bonus", & just that. We knew what we were getting when we ordered, but dreaming can't hurt. These suggestions are more of a "wish list", so anything we get extra would nice. Just my opinion. They would be nice, but's wait & see what Jean dreams up, if anything. I'm soo psyched!

BlastersFan55

Ignore
« Reply #1812 on: January 03, 2009, 03:14:59 AM »

I don't think anyone is terribly serious. But I understand your point. That being said I don't think anyone is renegotiating anything because it's a done deal. I suppose it's the can't hurt excitement. May I point out, that it's that excitement that led Ricky to start this, to get three differant tonewoods and HB and a cutaway as an option.

It's a bunch of 'wouldn't it be great if' or 'if he asks tell him' suggestions that I feel fall within the bounds of graciousness. And while the Forum One and Two may have been done differantly, it's not written in stone that it must be done the same. It's not even managed by the same folks and because the numbers are so much larger, there is opportunity to expand expectation, within reason, simply because it's more feasible for the factory to do.

Let's also acknowledge that this isn't a handout from Larrivee. Sentiment aside, it's a business deal involving sixty plus customers. They need to be heard in the process.

holly

Thank you holly - eloquently said ..you just saved me a lot of typing! 

strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1813 on: January 03, 2009, 03:16:18 AM »

Hey, I'm here for ya! I get so happy any time I can use grown up words that don't involve canine terminology.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1814 on: January 03, 2009, 03:25:48 AM »

If Larrivee did throw something nice in, would people prefer a nicer case, that holds the guitar, or some nice mods to the guitar itself?
I personally would prefer guitar add-ons, but as I said before, anything would be a bonus. Any body with some thoughts to that?

bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1815 on: January 03, 2009, 03:28:00 AM »

Proud to be part of the F-III family.   bigrin

Dont want to be a stick in the mud here,....but......

When we ordered our Larrivée Forum LS-3's, we paid a very fair price for a known guitar and features.  More choices than any of could have possibly anticipated at the beginning of this process.

If any of us were unhappy with the deal we should have not placed the order.

I am very saddened to see us renegotiate the terms, or in any backhanded way, 'tell' Jean or anyone at Larrivée Guitars what kind of GIFT should be bestowed upon us just because we ordered some guitars.

IF Jean feels like adding anything to this deal, it will surely not be something we 'beg' for because we've been good and deserve it.

I was not a forum member when the first Forum guitars were ordered.  But it is my impression that  Jean suprised those who ordered with the 'bonus' features.

A True Gift would be one of his ideas, freely given.  Or not.

I dont mean to step on anyones toes, and certianly understand our current euphoria. 
Lets let Jean, Larrivée Guitars, and Jim at Trinity do the business that they have agreed to, with no more implied expectations from us.

Thanks.     (slowly retreating from my soapbox).

ds

This is not real serious talk and definitely not a demand or negotiation.  Aren't we just using the forum for what it's intended...to express and share ideas and thoughts?  Sorry if it was offensive to anyone but I see no harm in Ricky sending the message through Jim to Jean that we would appreciate a JCL Logo on a guitar that was originally agreed to be made with a 16 minimum and it's now 5 times that. It's just a request and I don't really find it demanding or offensive.

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1816 on: January 03, 2009, 03:41:15 AM »

As far as any bonus, I agree with BluesMan. That logo (especially in mop!) would be a classy, yet simple touch, jsut like we wnated from the start.

BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1817 on: January 03, 2009, 03:44:48 AM »

Sorry about the misspelled words.Trying to do too much @ once!

prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1818 on: January 03, 2009, 03:55:15 AM »

This is not real serious talk and definitely not a demand or negotiation.  Aren't we just using the forum for what it's intended...to express and share ideas and thoughts?  Sorry if it was offensive to anyone but I see no harm in Ricky sending the message through Jim to Jean that we would appreciate a JCL Logo on a guitar that was originally agreed to be made with a 16 minimum and it's now 5 times that. It's just a request and I don't really find it demanding or offensive.
Hey, with $70k worth of orders coming their way, Jean and Jim must be pretty happy.  I'm sure no offense was taken at Ricky's request.  JCL on the headstock?  That would seem obscure to most people (JCL - Job Control Language?  Jet Control Lab?).  How about J Larrivee instead.  Take that, R Taylor!   

16 minimum and now 5 times that?  Wow, did we make it to 80 orders before Jim turned off the computer and disconnected the phone?   

Play it daily for best results.
BlastersFan55

Ignore
« Reply #1819 on: January 03, 2009, 03:57:25 AM »

Yo Bluesman...4 x that dude!   

Now Scott Boras... he'd asking for all the frills!  mad

43 days 'til spring training!!
Pages: 1 ... 90 [91] 92 ... 119   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: