Pages: 1 ... 89 [90] 91 ... 119   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar discussion  (Read 212488 times)
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1780 on: January 02, 2009, 09:23:32 PM »

I spoke to Jim Holler a few hours ago and at that point there were 60 on order.

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #1781 on: January 02, 2009, 10:34:22 PM »

Word has it the count is now 64...hehehe.  This is incredible and I feel special to be a part of it!

Jordan

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #1782 on: January 02, 2009, 10:43:38 PM »

Word has it the count is now 64...hehehe.  This is incredible and I feel special to be a part of it!

Jordan

methinks the LS might not be a "retired" model after this year.

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #1783 on: January 02, 2009, 10:52:01 PM »

I sure hope the short scale option opens up...

Jeffrey

BlastersFan55

Ignore
« Reply #1784 on: January 02, 2009, 10:55:18 PM »

Good point there the wise Professor.  I forgot about IRS refund money.  Hmm..this could help me justify an order.  I'm still sitting on the fence and realizing the clock is ticking fast.

Go for it!! 
KY MOOSE

Ignore
« Reply #1785 on: January 02, 2009, 11:01:46 PM »

Just wanted to say thanks again to Ricky, Jim, Randy, and everyone else involved in the conception, cultivation, and fruition of  this special, and now wildly popular, guitar!     
90+ pages of lively discussion, and 60+ varied (and agonizingly decided upon) orders is truely remarkable:  I think a fitting tribute to your efforts, and exceptional end-product to represent this exceptional forum.   
Thanks again for the initial e-mail alert that caught my interest.  Happy New Year to all.
Now we'll need a "Waiting for the Forum III" thread!   

rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1786 on: January 02, 2009, 11:23:21 PM »

Breaking News...

There's gotta be another "breaking news" after this... because I don't want to end the "breaking news" on a negative note. So I hope, with the 60+ orders, I hope it's not unreasonable to receive another "surprise."

Short Scale: NONE will be offered.  ( I don't know enough technicalities to comment on this. My mind keeps telling me "nothing is impossible." )

Bone Nut: Larrivee does not offer bone nuts anymore and Jim H will not make any nor install one in his personal FG III. ( good enough for him. good enough for me )

I'll email Jim H about the new idea about numbering the various wood combos...  I would think though that it's simpler to follow the FG 1 & 2 tradition, even with the 60+ orders of FG III.

Warmly,

ricky

PS - Just honored and humbled to be in this FG III team (Jim H, Randy, Ben F, Jeff) & the countless good citizens of this Forum.  You guys (n gals) rock !!!
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #1787 on: January 02, 2009, 11:29:05 PM »

Too bad the short scale isn't offered.. but its okay!

Thanks for all your work Ricky!

Jeffrey

Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #1788 on: January 02, 2009, 11:33:34 PM »

Hey Ricky,

Thx again!!!!!!

Here is my suggestion for a "special surprise" = Larrivee Arch top Case.  A special guitar needs a special case. .  Given the unique size/depth of the guitar and the large number of orders (60+), JCL probably has to order a special batch of cases anyways...

Thoughts?

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1789 on: January 02, 2009, 11:34:25 PM »

I think the problem with short scale is that at the price point quoted Larrivee is using parts they have previously designed and made.  I have seen pictures of LS style 12 fret Larrivees, all long scale, that go back to 1975.  But I think a short scale version would have to include newly designed parts, either a new neck and fretboard or changes within the box.  It may also have somewhat less projection and volume. Maybe Jean decided in 1975 that a short scale on the LS body wasn't saleable? At any rate, I can see why it is not presently being offered.   At my age (63) I no longer yearn for a new long scale.  But what is being offered sure looks like a good deal otherwise.  Jim

welcome You're in good company here. Have some   ... tradition around here.

May we interest you in a FG III ?  nice guitar

ricky
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1790 on: January 02, 2009, 11:35:58 PM »

Hey Ricky,

Thx again!!!!!!

Here is my suggestion for a "special surprise" = Larrivee Arch top Case.  A special guitar needs a special case. .  Given the unique size/depth of the guitar and the large number of orders (60+), JCL probably has to order a special batch of cases anyways...

Thoughts?

Jordan.

Jordan.... when it comes to suggestions and ideas.... I'm all ears.... errhhh... all fingers (for the keyboard) as I just bounce them off to Jim H & Randy.

Arch top cases would be a nice surprise...  we'll see.

ricky
Daysailer

Ignore
« Reply #1791 on: January 02, 2009, 11:37:10 PM »

+1   F-III  IS/Hog bs 12 fret dream machine   nice guitar

Forgot to ask Jim what the count is up to.

Thanks Jim..... bowdown

Anyone else hungry after all this .....       
 wacko

L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person
L-fan

Ignore
« Reply #1792 on: January 02, 2009, 11:41:10 PM »

We should probably stop asking for stuff last minute.  What we have coming is good enough, at a very nice price - that is enough.   

Scott

RS-2
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1793 on: January 02, 2009, 11:53:30 PM »

No joke, I think we may have single handedly (so to speak) perked up some significant economy. That's, what about $67,00.00** or so without any add on's. With deposits. I think everyone benefits, very much.

holly

**good gravy, I didn't realise there were more than 60 orders. You do the math,lol.

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #1794 on: January 03, 2009, 12:04:47 AM »

you missed a zero there holly

Jeffrey

BlastersFan55

Ignore
« Reply #1795 on: January 03, 2009, 12:41:51 AM »

+1   F-III  IS/Hog bs 12 fret dream machine   nice guitar

Forgot to ask Jim what the count is up to.

Thank Jim..... bowdown

Anyone else hungry after this .....       

Atta boy, DS.  By the time that little axe arrives in March, it may take your mind off getting that boat in the water.   

Good choice!
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1796 on: January 03, 2009, 01:25:56 AM »

They are coming with a bone saddle, Jim is putting them in. It will be a LOT more work than I'm sure he anticipated. There is no way I would expect Jim to comp a nut (that sounded weird) that is a lot of work. For example, it's $95 to have a nut put in here and $65 for a compensated saddle.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
BlastersFan55

Ignore
« Reply #1797 on: January 03, 2009, 01:39:22 AM »

They are coming with a bone saddle, Jim is putting them in. It will be a LOT more work than I'm sure he anticipated. There is no way I would expect Jim to comp a nut (that sounded weird) that is a lot of work. For example, it's $95 to have a nut put in here and $65 for a compensated saddle.

holly

That's what I thought too, Holly...thanks.  Didn't feel like flicking back a few pages to look it up.
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1798 on: January 03, 2009, 01:48:18 AM »

No problem I'll take care of my own nut.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1799 on: January 03, 2009, 01:57:01 AM »

Sorry if I goofed up, but I thought that Jim was going to install bone saddles, not nuts, in the guitars when he got them.

If it is true that the LS-03 comes with bone saddle, all the better!   nice guitar

Play it daily for best results.
Pages: 1 ... 89 [90] 91 ... 119   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: