Pages: 1 ... 87 [88] 89 ... 119   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar discussion  (Read 212374 times)
Trinity Guitars

Ignore
« Reply #1740 on: January 02, 2009, 02:08:04 AM »

You look a lot younger than I expected. Like 23,lol. We have NO snow here. If we did I'd break out the dog scooter. Otherwise it's just going fast and freezing. Then again, if we had snow and it was that cold...

holly
  Twenty three? Too funny I am 54 and proud of it. I have the most fun in bike racing whipping the A@# of the 20 somethings that have the $6000 bikes and $1000 clothing. You think GAS is bad with guitars try racing bikes. I have a poor mans bike and cannot stand how much it costs. I put 15,000 to 20.000 miles on a bike. The kids pay 6 to 7 times what I do for a bike and put 3000 to 5000 miles on them. It is so much fun finishing in from of them. Oh man I have let my evil side show.

Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #1741 on: January 02, 2009, 02:18:38 AM »

O WOW...... that's so much money to spend on a bike....(bike people probably say the same thing about guitars..)

I thought spending $300 for 2 bikes at canadian tire was so much :S

Jeffrey

Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1742 on: January 02, 2009, 02:20:42 AM »

Herringbone Purfling = 24  
Venetian Cut-away = 6
Lefty = 5

rw/Is=16
Mah/Is=23
HogWild=12

Total orders = 51

Add another Mah/Is with hb Purf. Total now is 52

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1743 on: January 02, 2009, 02:33:52 AM »

Twenty three? Too funny I am 54 and proud of it. I have the most fun in bike racing whipping the A@# of the 20 somethings that have the $6000 bikes and $1000 clothing. You think GAS is bad with guitars try racing bikes. I have a poor mans bike and cannot stand how much it costs. I put 15,000 to 20.000 miles on a bike. The kids pay 6 to 7 times what I do for a bike and put 3000 to 5000 miles on them. It is so much fun finishing in from of them. Oh man I have let my evil side show.

Got something in common with you Jim.  When someone lent me Lance Armstrong's It's Not About the Bike, I thought I'd take up triathlon.

Naturally, I bought a ladies' Trek road bike... as I'm only 5'2" with really short limbs so the ladies' size is perfect. Paid $800 USD bike was on clearance in 2004.

Moved to snow country Edmonton and have been wimping since, except for the Spin Class I joined in 2006.

Now that you say you ride IN snow... well....   let's just say I can't thank God enough for this Forum for the following reasons:

(1) I found Larrivee enthusiasts that encourage me to play my guitar more often.
(That... and equally important is turning my back on Taylors for the significant price difference - sorry Bob, I still admire you)

(2) I care for my dog more. Georgia my 19-month old Yellow Lab and I went for a walk in minus 20 weather. Thanks to the "Got Dogs?" thread.

(3) I may just have to dust off the Trek as I'm sure it has less than 100 miles... shame shame... and do a kindergarten triathlon.

ricky 
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #1744 on: January 02, 2009, 02:35:35 AM »

Hey Jim,

Is 52 guitars considered a big order for you and for Larrivee?  I just think its so cool that we now have 52 people I'm wondering if we have set some kind of a record.  Given the bad economy, I'm really happy that we have managed to keep the fires burning at both Trinity Guitars and Larrivee.

Thx again.

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1745 on: January 02, 2009, 02:35:52 AM »

I guess it has actually been just about a week since I asked Jim to ask AGAIN about the short scale. Jim was very gracious in agreeing to raise the subject one more time with JCL. If it wasn't for the holidays I'm sure we would have heard by now. Whatever the answer, kudos to Jim for the great support.
Al

emailed Jim H.

ricky
LookingForLarri

Ignore
« Reply #1746 on: January 02, 2009, 02:51:34 AM »

Short scale would knock me off the fence for sure...   drool

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1747 on: January 02, 2009, 03:07:56 AM »

Forget the sentimental value. Dreds are ugly (no offense to dred lovers; just this guy's opinion).  Buy my Taylor ( I'll take Holly + 5,000 CDN  )

Remember, when you get into the factories (Taylor and Larrivee)... kiss the ground for me.

ricky

Yeah right!

We've had that discussion about Bob Taylor remember? LOL

Dreadnoughts are just the wrong shape for me. I don't mind what they look like, just not for me.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1748 on: January 02, 2009, 03:14:51 AM »

Jim,

You don't look 50 something. I used to be into bikes. My original Colnago racing bike is still at my brother's place..too bad we don't talk anymore. I sold my Trek a couple of years ago. I'm just too much of a wimp to ride in traffic and mountain biking isn't for me. Congratulations and I hope you reach your mileage goal this year.

Lynda

rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1749 on: January 02, 2009, 03:19:43 AM »

We've had that discussion about Bob Taylor remember? LOL

Dreadnoughts are just the wrong shape for me. I don't mind what they look like, just not for me.

Please don't go there.

My first Taylor is a dread and I sold it... now I want the buyer's L-03R.

ricky
ark

Ignore
« Reply #1750 on: January 02, 2009, 04:19:04 AM »

Wow - that's a lot of miles  ( to much for me even if they were all down hill       ) , and a lot of $$ saved in gas !
Al
limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #1751 on: January 02, 2009, 04:33:41 AM »

A couple years ago I got into road biking and I was floored at the cost of the equipment. I've mountain-biked seriously since I was 14 and I have put uncounted km's on a 12 year old aluminum frame (obviously swapping out worn and damaged parts as needed). Once you get a well fit road bike it's pretty much as far as you need to go; the only benefit I ever noticed were the slightly more durable components (shifters, hubs, rims) but I don't get the obsession with lowering the weight on a bike that's typically less than 30 lbs anyway. Ordinary people will pay $300 more to save a few ounces and then ruin the net effect by taking a few extra trips to the Burger King.

As my father passed away this year after losing a battle to cancer, I started to do a lot of charity rides to benefit cancer research. I was pleasantly surprised to see so many willing to give and participate, but I have to say that these events scare the willies out of me these days. Charity athletic events seem to be my generation's latest trendy badge of honor, sort of a penance for being brought up in such a prosperous time. I suppose that's fine if actually does some good, but in the case of biking most of these people have never even been on the road with cars and are sporting fancy new $4000 Cannondales. Spin classes are great but they don't actually substitute the experience of wind, hill, uneven roads, weather, other riders, and traffic. Frankly, you take your life into your hands when you ride in a charity event with these people. Every time I yelled out "on the left" these people thought I was pointing out scenery.

Ok, enough ranting. One shameless bit of self-promotion that I hope doesn't violate any forum rules:

Please sponsor me in the 2009 Ride To Conquer Cancer:
http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/forGMuise

Cheers,

Adam

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
pennerblue

Ignore
« Reply #1752 on: January 02, 2009, 01:56:59 PM »

I'm in!   

Awesome Mrs. Penner gave me the nod (see below).

Notice that the dancing nana is playing a HOG TOP (like I will be in four months)!

I think I'm number 52 and lucky number 13 for hog tops.

And yes, I am going to add that gorgeous HB purfling.

I'm so excited.  I was looking into a Martin OM-15, but for not much more money I think I'm getting a very special hog.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

“Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it’s more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique.”
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

iDavid

Ignore
« Reply #1753 on: January 02, 2009, 02:17:05 PM »

tooo funny

david

Larrivee Forum-III all hog
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1754 on: January 02, 2009, 04:02:24 PM »

I'm in!  

Notice that the dancing nana is playing a HOG TOP (like I will be in four months)!

I'm so excited.  I was looking into a Martin OM-15, but for not much more money I think I'm getting a very special hog.

Penner,

Huge congratulations. I am SO happy for you. Thanks for the drawing.

rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1755 on: January 02, 2009, 04:04:02 PM »

Yey Mrs. Penner !!!

Yey Penner !!!

I was just checking emails this morning to see if I have good news for Al "ARK" regarding short scale option. No news so far.

Then... I get your version of "breaking news" - You're in !!!

ricky  

Have a       I wonder if we hit 60 gits or p. 100 in this thread.
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1756 on: January 02, 2009, 04:08:28 PM »

BTW...  Is WooHoo the western version of YeePee? And I always thought it was YeePee until Danny asked if it's yIpee ?

HeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaw !!!   Ok... too early for enthusiasm.

Better have my homemade waffles n Starbucks... where's my Starbucks - the dark roast variety?

ricky 
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #1757 on: January 02, 2009, 04:56:56 PM »

I'm in!   

Attaboy  !   It's real nice on this side of the fence;  although it's getting a little crowded.

Hog Top + herrinbone Purf. =  1 beautiful guitar   

Top thnk that just a few weeks ago we were wondering if we could muster enough orders to meet the minimum of 10.     I think LS-03 form III fever has reached epidemic proportions now;  with no known cure.

Tuffythepug
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1758 on: January 02, 2009, 05:01:45 PM »

Attaboy  !   It's real nice on this side of the fence;  although it's getting a little crowded.

Hog Top + herrinbone Purf. =  1 beautiful guitar  

Top thnk that just a few weeks ago we were wondering if we could muster enough orders to meet the minimum of 10.     I think LS-03 form III fever has reached epidemic proportions now;  with no known cure.

Tuffythepug
  We should make 60 easy.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1759 on: January 02, 2009, 05:11:57 PM »

Nice one penner.  The numbers are fairly jumping up now.

I note that a few members are identifying what number they think they will have (e.g. #3 of 56), but surely this will be dependent on the way Larrivee label the guitars.  What I mean is if you order HOG WILD, and they lable the IS models first, the number will be higher.

I wonder what chance there is that the guitars will be labled as: -  

LS-03R FORUM III #1 of 16,
LS-03M FORUM III #1 of 23, and
LS-03MT FORUM III #1 of 12

Would anybody else be happier with this method of labeling, and would it be reasonable to ask of Larrivee?  Sounds a bit more exclusive, and these would be considered as three different models if it was a currently produced model.  Or is this somewhat misleading for the resale market?

Just a thought

Ben

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
Pages: 1 ... 87 [88] 89 ... 119   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: