Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amazing...50 guitars.  Awesome. 

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 01, 2009, 06:45:22 PM
Ricky, how could you? We're both now out of the closet! LOL

As much as I love the Taylor sound, I do not love the Taylor price. Since I'm being honest here, when I cancelled my order, I went back to the idea of purchasing a Taylor with bling. Well...that bling was gonna run me around a minimum of $3,000 and was likely gonna cost far more. My Rickenbacker isn't gonna cost that much. Yes, I realize that a Ric is a whole different animal, but it's still big bucks.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Sorry Lynda. You threatened to unmask me. So I thought, I'd expose you first.  Oh... this is much like a thriller movie.  Isn't this thread an actual movie?  I know it's now a best-seller... so why not a movie right?

Anyways... I do have 1 remaining Taylor, which I still like and very careful when I play it.

I am hoping that the FG III will be my go-to guitar...  which I hope will have its MOJO (2nd time I use that word) over the years.

Then... someday... hopefully sooner than later...  I will try and sell my Taylor ... and stick with my OO-09 and FG III and buy my friend's L-03R  
(unless I get Tuffy's HOG WILD disease - that would mean a OM-05MT).  :+1:

Did I tell anyone here that at one point, I'm even thinking of changing my boring Forum ID from rpm60912 to "TayLarri"  :whistling:
(if I had another child, that would be the name... or maybe another dog?)

ricky  :nana_guitar  :nanadance 
(Question: Can someone please tell me why sometimes these guys actually dance and sometimes they're just frozen? Canadian winters aren't that bad.)

Okay, 50 guitars ordered!  So, don't we now get a discount for volume buying?   :humour:
Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: rpm60912 on January 01, 2009, 06:56:18 PM
Sorry Lynda. You threatened to unmask me. So I thought, I'd expose you first.  Oh... this is much like a thriller movie.  Isn't this thread an actual movie?  I know it's now a best-seller... so why not a movie right?

Anyways... I do have 1 remaining Taylor, which I still like and very careful when I play it.

I am hoping that the FG III will be my go-to guitar...  which I hope will have its MOJO (2nd time I use that word) over the years.

Then... someday... hopefully sooner than later...  I will try and sell my Taylor ... and stick with my OO-09 and FG III and buy my friend's L-03R  
(unless I get Tuffy's HOG WILD disease - that would mean a OM-05MT).  :+1:

Did I tell anyone here that at one point, I'm even thinking of changing my boring Forum ID from rpm60912 to "TayLarri"  :whistling:
(if I had another child, that would be the name... or maybe another dog?)

ricky  :thumbsup

Fine!

I do plan to keep my 110, but only because it was my first ever guitar and has sentimental value. However, it is WAY too big for me being a dreadnought with me being 5' 4" and all with short arms.

Lynda

PS I might be interested in that Taylor if you should want to sell it. Also, am still planning on going to Taylor factory tour when in CA in August and I'll still  bring you something even though it appears that both of us are now officially turn coats!
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: pennerblue on January 01, 2009, 02:28:14 PM
I'm preparing to have "THE TALK" tonight with my wife (can you say procrastination?)  The smaller dimensions are much to my liking...I'm imaging this F3 could be the guitar I grow old(er) with.

I'm just drooling imagining how sweet that WHOLE HOG will sound after a decade of mellowing.  Add in that herringbone purfling... :drool:

Nick Drake...here I come! (I hope).

Oh...and Congrats Lynda.  We just might have to change your name to Larrie_Girl (especially after you buy that Silver Oak NEXT year  :wink:)

Penner (teetering on the fence)

I hear ya.  

I figure this will be the guitar to grow old with. Strange to think of such things, but the dread can only be kong for so long

david
Larrivee Forum-III all hog

Quote from: lyric_girl on January 01, 2009, 07:00:05 PM
Fine!

I do plan to keep my 110, but only because it was my first ever guitar and has sentimental value. However, it is WAY too big for me being a dreadnought with me being 5' 4" and all with short arms.

Lynda

PS I might be interested in that Taylor if you should want to sell it. Also, am still planning on going to Taylor factory tour when in CA in August and I'll still  bring you something even though it appears that both of us are now officially turn coats!

Forget the sentimental value. Dreds are ugly (no offense to dred lovers; just this guy's opinion).  Buy my Taylor ( I'll take Holly + 5,000 CDN  :tongue:)

Remember, when you get into the factories (Taylor and Larrivee)... kiss the ground for me.

ricky

Quote from: prof_stack on January 01, 2009, 06:59:39 PM
Okay, 50 guitars ordered!  So, don't we now get a discount for volume buying?   :humour:

Someone dare me to ask Jim H....

I hope that was not too subversive, scandalous, sick... ricky  :roll :roll

MODIFIED: I'm mortified... signed off. signed back on again and decided to delete one line...  Glad my friend Norman understands my quirkiness.

We will let you slide with just excited and ambitious.

Maybe you could ask for an extra ball cap?  :roll

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

Quote from: GeeNorm on January 01, 2009, 07:11:02 PM
We will let you slide with just excited and ambitious.

Maybe you could ask for an extra ball cap?  :roll

Norman

Thanks for the 2nd ball cap suggestion, but I'm wondering... maybe a bone saddle can be taped on the visor of the ball cap?

ricky

MODIFIED my previous post before yours.

Quote from: es-335 on January 01, 2009, 06:29:45 PM
Maybe Larrivee will offer the short scale option.......?

Before the New Year ( few days ago now) Jim Holler said he would ask JCL one more time about the short scale option, given that we had 40+ ( and now 50) FIIIs ordered, which is way more than I think JCL expected. Haven't heard back yet from Jim.

Al

Quote from: Randy_R on January 01, 2009, 06:19:23 PM
Herringbone Purfling = 23 
Venetian Cut-away = 6
Lefty = 5

rw/Is=15
Mah/Is=23
HogWild=12

Total orders = 50

Herringbone Purfling = 24  
Venetian Cut-away = 6
Lefty = 5

rw/Is=16
Mah/Is=23
HogWild=12

Total orders = 51
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

As to a bone saddle for you, one of the things you have surely learned from the Forum Guitar III marathon is ...

It never hurts to ask!

Norman
{GASSING for RS-4}

Quote from: ARK on January 01, 2009, 07:27:36 PM
Before the New Year Jim Holler said he would ask JCL one more time about the short scale option, given that we had 40+ ( and now 50) FIIIs ordered, which is way more than I think JCL expected. Haven't heard back yet from Jim.

Al

Figers crossed!!!

Ricky, I don't think nobody got a penalty from that play
Jeffrey

Also, for those who haven't followed the entire series of threads I am very grateful the free shipping to Canadians was provided because I was on record with a promise to help Ricky pay his shipping charges.

Well done, good and faithful Ricky, well done.

I know I'm one day early but I do salute you for your tireless effort and contagious enthusiasm. What a ride this has been!

Norman
{GASSING for RS-4}

Quote from: ARK on January 01, 2009, 07:27:36 PM
Before the New Year ( few days ago now) Jim Holler said he would ask JCL one more time about the short scale option, given that we had 40+ ( and now 50) FIIIs ordered, which is way more than I think JCL expected. Haven't heard back yet from Jim.

Al

Al... I'm following Norman's advice.  It never hurts to ask.

So... I'm emailing Mr. Jim H.

Funny...   I'm really just thinking of the short scale option... in part because, I read tonight of someone (I think it was Big-Al) making a comment about

getting older and preferring the short scale of Baby Taylors which make a lot of difference in playability.

If short scale is ever offered, I would just have to drop the cutaway, and order the short scale version... with You...
as I intend and hope this will be the git with which, I'll grow old.

ricky

Quote from: GeeNorm on January 01, 2009, 07:34:45 PM
Also, for those who haven't followed the entire series of threads I am very grateful the free shipping to Canadians was provided because I was on record with a promise to help Ricky pay his shipping charges.

Well done, good and faithful Ricky, well done.

I know I'm one day early but I do salute you for your tireless effort and contagious enthusiasm. What a ride this has been!

Norman

Ditto Norman...well said.

By the way....I changed my order and went HOG WILD!!  It'll be a keepa especially with the h-bone purfling.  Oooh yeah!!

The HOG WILD camp is growing. I really feel that this all hog will be the cat's meow  :bgrin:

I really couldn't afford it, but went go it anyway.  I'll be selling gear shortly.

Speaking of short, I would dig a short scale option, would that change the tone as well.... me thinks it would

david
Larrivee Forum-III all hog

Quote from: rpm60912 on January 01, 2009, 07:36:34 PM
Al... I'm following Norman's advice.  It never hurts to ask.

So... I'm emailing Mr. Jim H.

Funny...   I'm really just thinking of the short scale option... in part because, I read tonight of someone (I think it was Big-Al) making a comment about

getting older and preferring the short scale of Baby Taylors which make a lot of difference in playability.

If short scale is ever offered, I would just have to drop the cutaway, and order the short scale version... with You...
as I intend and hope this will be the git with which, I'll grow old.

ricky

I guess it has actually been just about a week since I asked Jim to ask AGAIN about the short scale. Jim was very gracious in agreeing to raise the subject one more time with JCL. If it wasn't for the holidays I'm sure we would have heard by now. Whatever the answer, kudos to Jim for the great support.
Al

Well fans I started working on forum III guitars at 5 am this morning and it is now almost 9PM. Please do not tell me how many hours that is. I do not count hours. Not to think I did not take a break here is a photo of what I did from 10 am till noon. I am the guy second from the right with the blue scarf.. Buy the way Phil standing to my left is 7 feet tall! Not really but I do not know why I look so short I am 5'11".  It was 10 deg F and we road 24 miles with about 2 " of snow on the roads. Yes we were cold but it is a tradition with our bike club. I do ride outside all winter two to three times a week. My goal in 2009 is to ride 4000 miles.  I did 3285 in 2008.
Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com

You look a lot younger than I expected. Like 23,lol. We have NO snow here. If we did I'd break out the dog scooter. Otherwise it's just going fast and freezing. Then again, if we had snow and it was that cold...

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.