Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breaking News !!!    Yes!!! Yes !!! Yes !!!

Gotta have one last "breaking news" for 2008.

Jim Holler's latest email to me & Randy posted 4:30PM Eastern regarding the FG III dimensions.

==========================================  start of Jim H email ===================================================

Randy and Ricky.   This took some time but I got the dimensions sorted out. The forum III guitars is the size of the original LS body. Larrivee took the dimensions that they gave me, the ones on the forum now, off an old catalog...
Lower bout 15"
Waist 9 3/4"
Upper bout 11"
Depth 4"
Please post this to the forum.
Happy New Year!

===========================================  end of Jim H email ====================================================

Yeep Yeep Yeep Yeep........ okay, for Danny..... YIP YIP YIP .................. for all of us .....  YEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE  :nana_guitar :nana_guitar :nana_guitar :nana_guitar

HHHHHeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHHHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaWWWWW... to all my friends in the Southern States....

aRRRiva Jim Holler !!!

Feliz Navidad... Prospero Ano Y Felicidad....

Man... I must be soooooooooooo happy I used up all the Spanish I know !!!

Soli Deo Gloria !!!  (even Latin !!!)

:nanadance :nanadance ricky  :nana_guitar :nana_guitar

Quote from: rpm60912 on December 31, 2008, 05:34:35 PM

===========================================  end of Jim H email ====================================================

Yeep Yeep Yeep Yeep........ okay, for Danny..... YIP YIP YIP .................. for all of us .....  YEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE  :nana_guitar :nana_guitar :nana_guitar :nana_guitar

HHHHHeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHHHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaWWWWW... to all my friends in the Southern States....

I'm glad you identified the end of Jim's email, or I wouldn't have spotted where your bit began Ricky :humour:

Good news.  You just made 2008 - it is 11:45pm here.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

I for one woulda been ok either way, but this will make Dan happy and Dan could use some happy.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Fantastic!!!!!

Glad to hear that this has been clarified!

Great News!    :nice guitar:

Oh yeah, this guitar is now so sweet I'm going to have to check my blood sugar!  I'll be calling Jim soon.  IS/RW plain and simple.

Thanks Ricky. 
Play it daily for best results.

This is greeeeeeaaaaaaaat news.  A little bit more comfort goes a long way toward playing longer and better, and that means a lot to me!   :thumb
Scott

RS-2

Excellent news!!!  This Forum III guitar is really going to be special.  Btw...I was starting to suffer from withdrawal after not having any "BREAKING NEWS" updates for at least a week.

2008 is now complete.

Thanks Ricky, Jim and Randy and Happy New Year to all you crazy GUITAR-O-HOLICS!

Jordan.    :donut :donut2 :donut :nana_guitar :donut2 :donut :donut2

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

I have been resisting up until now but it just got much harder. 

1/4" smaller all around makes this a much more attractive (smaller!) guitar and the price is so right.  If I email Jim tonight I would technically be buying the guitar in 2008 and my 2009 resolution would be intact...
Why wait any longer for the world to begin?

How sweet it is :thumbsup

updated 31-Dec.

Size of body modified by Larrivee.

Correct size is:

Lower bout 15"
Waist 9 3/4"
Upper bout 11"
Depth 4"

Incorrect sizes were:
Upper bout: 11-1/4"
Lower bout: 15-1/4"
Waist: 10"

(Thanks Tad, Ricky, Jim, Randy and All the Larrivee's involved and everyone who gave me a hard time :tongue:)

:nana_guitar This is great news, I couldn't be happier.  :nana_guitar  :nice guitar:
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Yikes...nothing like sweet measurements.  :tongue:

Happy New Year, too   :cheers   

I am really pleased that so many people seem to have been quietly feeling that the smaller size was critical,  but had not been speaking up.  Thanks Danny for identifying this and well done Ricky/Jim for resolving it.  For me, I wasn't fussed by the size at all, but I am really pleased that more people are properly happy now.

I also notice that Jeff has added his name to the order list, as well as Lynda again. :+1: :+1: :+1:

Danny, are you now seriously fighting the temptation to order 2, now that the specs are exactly what you were looking for?
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

I did mention to the wife tonight something to that effect. I may seriously consider selling my OM-21 to order another one. I can't justify having so many gits around as I have now. But these are just going to be right up my alley.
   But as some have said they may also come up for resale do to the high number being ordered.
            I may just be content with one and let the GAS pass :whistling:

I'm very happy to see so many that are pleased with these specs. It really is the Guitar we were shooting for.

Quote from: dependan on January 01, 2009, 04:15:15 AM
  I did mention to the wife tonight something to that effect. I may seriously consider selling my OM-21 to order another one. I can't justify having so many gits around as I have now. But these are just going to be right up my alley.
   But as some have said they may also come up for resale do to the high number being ordered.

I'm very happy to see so many that are pleased with these specs. It really is the Guitar we were shooting for.

I would love an OM-21.  I couldn't justify getting rid of one for a second forum III.  I also think ordering 2 would dilute the appeal, given that it is an exclusive guitar. 
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Quote from: dependan on January 01, 2009, 04:15:15 AM

Pass the GAS Dan.  OM-21 is a guitar to keep.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Yep, I hear ya'll... I need to just let it be,  Thanks

Well with the "breaking news" revelation that Forum III is taking on the old LS dimensions this former fencewalker has come down convinced.  I'll be placing an order with Jim ASAP.  I just couldn't bring myself to purchase a guitar without knowing what it would look like.  But that's all history now and kudos to those who pushed to clear this crucial detail up.

Happy New Year

gtrplayer

I'm in too  :+1:

I've gone HOG WILD  :thumb :nanadance :nana_guitar :donut :donut :donut

yippee!

david

Larrivee Forum-III all hog

Yes Ben, I'm back. Once the Canadian shipping issue was dealt with I had to figure out how I was gonna pay for it. I have gotten myself into a bit of a hole with my credit card right now, but have a plan to dig out of that hole and pay for the forum git too. So, I'm not beating myself over that, which is a HUGE step forward for me.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

What? No guilt over an expensive purchase that you don't need and is just for you? I think you just broke through our  genetically ingrained  female guilt code. I salute you!

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.