Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: strawintogold on December 30, 2008, 11:05:08 AM
Seriously, a half an inch is worthy of multiple dddddd's and general uproar and ensuing calamity? I mean, really? Moving back the deadline? Really? To do what, exactly? Allow for more navel gazing?

Come on, surely most of us are allowing for a margin of something, somewhere. Or am I deluded?

holly
The build date would not be effected, and I doubt the Jan. 2cd deadline would be extended for long. But it can be dropped alltogether and I will be fine with it. I just thought, when I made the post several pages back now, that to be true to the original intent of the F-III that this should be ironed out.
               If it causes troubles, forget about it, let's move on. At least that's what I feel about it.                        

Personally I am fine either way 1/4 less/more.  I don't think it's such a good idea to be changing the specs after over 40 people have placed an order with specs that have already been listed as "OFFICIAL".  I also like and prefer the official specs that were posted.  Others may not be as easy going though.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

I just think perspective is getting lost. I mean we have what, over 40 orders? There has to be some give and take and assumption that it may vary slightly. It's not a one off custom. Unless there is a big change, moving the date back is ludicrous, IMO. At some point you gotta be fishing or bait cutting.

While I appreciate everyone has different tastes, let's not lose sight that a big part of this guitar is the spirit in which it was conceived. Camaraderie, if you will, played a big part. At this point it seems the kitchen may be overflowing with cooks although the meal in question has been served.

I would assume the specs are agreed on. I would also assume there may be some that are a little off. I would also suggest that if something slight is a large issue, that perhaps guitar shopping is more in order. I'm not being snide when I say that, what I am tryng to convey is this is not an effort to please any individual and cannot be so by the nature of it's being.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Jim Holler submitted the spec measurements old and new for Larrivee to review. We await Larrivee's response.

My sense is that whatever the final dimensions, it will NOT be a deal breaker for people.

I reckon most people are on board with FG III because of it's uniqueness and limited run in at least two aspects:

(1) Tonewood choices such as Italian Spruce and South American Mahogany.

(2) The original intent of what is now the FG III is to bring back an "out-of-production" model.  Specifically, the first edition LS with smaller measurements. Based on this, I hope Larrivee upholds the spirit that brought about FG III.

It may be hairsplitting to some, but since this is after all, a special order guitar, we may as well do all the asking BEFORE construction begins.

ricky

Quote from: strawintogold on December 30, 2008, 11:05:08 AM
Seriously, a half an inch is worthy of multiple dddddd's and general uproar and ensuing calamity? I mean, really? Moving back the deadline? Really? To do what, exactly? Allow for more navel gazing?
holly

Holly,

As usual, you say it best. I agree. Why the hell should the deadline be moved back?
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Hey, I'm just excited about being able to use the word 'calamity'.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: bluesman67 on December 30, 2008, 11:12:34 AM
Personally I am fine either way 1/4 less/more.  I don't think it's such a good idea to be changing the specs after over 40 people have placed an order with specs that have already been listed as "OFFICIAL".  I also like and prefer the official specs that were posted.  Others may not be as easy going though.
I agree that "easy going" is the way it should be, we have had a good discussion thus far and it is so close to the final day that it may be too late.
                But it's not in my hands to do anything but type on this keyboard, thanks Ricky for coming in on this.

Quote from: rpm60912 on December 30, 2008, 11:18:30 AM
Jim Holler submitted the spec measurements old and new for Larrivee to review. We await Larrivee's response.

My sense is that whatever the final dimensions, it will NOT be a deal breaker for people.

I reckon most people are on board with FG III because of it's uniqueness and limited run in at least two aspects:

(2) The original intent of what is now the FG III is to bring back an "out-of-production" model.  Specifically, the first edition LS with smaller measurements. Based on this, I hope Larrivee upholds the spirit that brought about FG III.

It may be hairsplitting to some, but since this is after all, a special order guitar, we may as well do all the asking BEFORE construction begins.

ricky

What are we talking about? There was a guitar and then something happened...

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.

Thanks for the info ricky...it will be interesting to see what Larrivee come up with!

Quote from: dependan on December 30, 2008, 11:23:08 AM
NO ONE HAS SAID IT WOULD BE MOVED BACK YET

Sorry, I didn't mean to get somebody yelling. Just seemed like a silly thing to do with possibly moving the deadline is all. I think I'll go crawl under a rock now and hide.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: rpm60912 on December 30, 2008, 11:18:30 AM

ricky

Not to mention 12-fret AND a soft cutaway option.  

Ricky, I think today we'll get the last (final, absolute, that's it, no more changing, like it or lump it, that's the way it is) word on the guitar.

Besides, I want to see your BREAKING NEWS report soon!    :roll
Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: strawintogold on December 30, 2008, 11:24:36 AM
What are we talking about? There was a guitar and then something happened...

holly
I'm not following.... We still have a guitar. Just some words being shared on a website about dimensions. This is done. It isn't something to make bigger than it really is.
             It's just a last tweaking of specs.
    Again if it upsets a bunch of folks, then we just hold on to what we have and move on.
                    It's only a dividing issue if we let it become one. I for one don't want that.
          Kind of like the rosette, only too late in the game for comfort  :blush:
Quote from: lyric_girl on December 30, 2008, 11:31:29 AM
Sorry, I didn't mean to get somebody yelling. Just seemed like a silly thing to do with possibly moving the deadline is all. I think I'll go crawl under a rock now and hide.
Lyricgirl I just didn't want a rumor that the date had changed to get started, this happened earlier about some spec and it wasn't cleared up totally for about 5 pages or more. I'll remove my post.   Danny

Oh, no, lol. I meant that this conversation has gone all over the place and I bet someone would be hard pressed to figure it out if they happened along. Sort of a 'Funny thing happened to me on the way to the Forum' scenario. Hey, that's a pun, huh?

I'm a little punchy cause the husband and the boy have been gone since yesterday and they plan on spending another night at the SIL's house. SO i have all this free time and I think I may have gotten a bit giddy. Plus, with the youngest dog in daycare for the afternoon it's REALLY quiet.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.

Well this has been a fun ride this morning gang, but I think I need to go make some $ to pay for this F-III.
                                 Ya'll enjoy your day.      Danny

have a good day Danny....hope it's a prosperous one!

gtrplayer

Quote from: dependan on December 30, 2008, 11:46:07 AM
   Well this has been a fun ride this morning gang, but I think I need to go make some $ to pay for this F-III.
                                 Ya'll enjoy your day.      Danny

Yup, I guess I better find some new GAS money too. Time to go to the local video game boutique and hand out free ketamine-laced burgers to all of the greasy teenagers. We have a lot of "donor" kidneys to collect. :)
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

I won't be swayed either way but I hope they come back with the original dimensions. By that I mean the old style LS which is really what everyone had intended it to be, not what it morphed into.  I'm in either way though.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

whats ketamine?
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

ketamine is an animal tranquilizer.    you can use it with codeine cough syrup and ecstasy  to make a "Tuffythepug" cocktail.      mmmmmmmmmmmmmm   that's a good coma waitin' to happen. :winkin:

T the P

whats ketamine?

pain management for cows that the golden arches serves up