Pages: 1 ... 76 [77] 78 ... 119   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar discussion  (Read 202009 times)
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1520 on: December 24, 2008, 01:34:50 PM »

Breaking News

To all Canadian customers opting for direct ship, I will ship your hat to you from here. No on will be with out the custom FORUM III hat!

Order summary   42 guitars on order with Trinity Guitars
14 Rosewood and Italian Spruce
22 Mahogany and Italian spruce
6 All Mahogany
2 lefty's
3 cut a ways
21 herringbone purfling

AND a Partridge in a pear tree.....

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1521 on: December 24, 2008, 01:49:51 PM »

Thanks Dotneck.  That's what I was thinking, you sound like you have a reasonable perspective.  I did go back and get a recent pricelist, and I now see the L-03Rs, etc. are at about this price point.  Wow!  What a couple price increases will do!  I'm very glad I got my L-03 before they went up, I would not have sprung a grand for one, I didn't have the money.  Now....I've got to decide on these special guitars.  To buy or not.  I liked what someone said somewhere, "spend time and money practicing if you want better tone" I think men especially like to collect, and sometimes fall into the trap that you can buy yourself to being a better player.  I, too, want a different type of Larrivee, and hope for a slightly different sound and look.  But I'm often amazed at how many board questions quickly get the response, "you need to have one of each - wink"  Well, yeah, if we are going to be true, insatiable consumers and collectors.  But do we all need 6 or 8 guitars?  Anyway, I may get one, leaning towards RW/IS now, and decide if I need to keep the L later. 

I just had to respond. I highly would not agree that men are better collectors than women. I think that goes even across the board. I just started playing this year and own two guitars and am working on acquiring my third, along with have a Rickenbacker on order.

As for your question do we all need 6 or 8 guitars... want and need are two very different animals.

Good luck in your choice.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1522 on: December 24, 2008, 01:54:12 PM »

Breaking News

To all Canadian customers opting for direct ship, I will ship your hat to you from here. No on will be with out the custom FORUM III hat!

6 All Mahogany
2 lefty's
3 cut a ways
21 herringbone purfling

Be Safe
Merry Christmas Practice PEASE
Jim Holler

Alright!!!  I'll have a new hat to wear for my softball games next summer!

Thanks for everything Jim

We're at 42 guitars now???  Holy moly!  Could we hit 50?  60?

iDavid

Ignore
« Reply #1523 on: December 24, 2008, 02:01:24 PM »

I just had to respond. I highly would not agree that men are better collectors than women. I think that goes even across the board. I just started playing this year and own two guitars and am working on acquiring my third, along with have a Rickenbacker on order.

As for your question do we all need 6 or 8 guitars... want and need are two very different animals.

Good luck in your choice.

I've had a Larrivee Om-2 for the last eight years or so.

A year ago I  moved to Northern Japan where the humidity is crazy. I have two Composite Acoustics now I find them to be wonderful instruments, very different from the Larrivee.  They are not better or worse, just a different flavor I suppose. So do I need another guitar, of course not.  HOWEVER, wanting a special 12 fretter is another story.

I have not decided on which model (probably all hog), perhaps a once in a life time flavor.

I find this whole process just great. Its like planning on a custom made guitar with tons of input from people with the same exact interest.  I have musician friends, but I fear they are not as into this as I am and the wife tries to be excited for me, but she just wants a new uke..... for figure

I still need to decide!!!!

david

Larrivee Forum-III all hog
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1524 on: December 24, 2008, 02:02:34 PM »

I'm not surprised at the number of orders. There are too many enablers on this board. I really hope they are dream guitars everybody. I think 2009 is going to be a very good year, indeed.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1525 on: December 24, 2008, 02:14:42 PM »

I have been doing some research on tonewoods while trying to figure out which to get.  Petros Guitars has a page on woods that has text about each one.  Of the Italian Spruce, it says it is the "undisputed king of the tonewoods." 

I can't wait to hear this guitar w/ rosewood!!!

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1526 on: December 24, 2008, 02:15:52 PM »

Breaking News

6 All Mahogany
2 lefty's
3 cut a ways
21 herringbone purfling

Be Safe
Merry Christmas Practice PEASE
Jim Holler

Merry Christmas to you Jim

ps check you list, there are 3 lefties on order.  Me, Tuffy, and Phil

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #1527 on: December 24, 2008, 02:35:43 PM »

Jim,

Thanks so much Jim for all your effort in collecting the orders and keeping everything straight!  As one of the Canadians, thanks also for the hat.

I'm quite surprised by the 42 orders.  This is great news indeed.  I'd be curious to hear what Larrivee has to say about the size of this crazy order.  I'd imagine this quite a nice sized piece of business for them.  I just hope JCL has enough of that Italian Spruce to cover 36 guitars or the rest of you are gonna have to come over to the HOG side like tuffythepug and the rest of us 6 HOG-O-HOLICS. 

For those of you who are getting impatient...there is a cool series of 5 videos on Youtube which gives you a factory tour of the Larrivee production process.  Here are the links in case you haven't watched it.  Lots of work and many steps to make 42 guitars...

Part #1:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQVEvJlTGaI
Part #2:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd5mGrV6Lck
Part #3:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T7xvdWpezo
Part #4:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOxFR_ma_vE
Part #5:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcJVh-kOXhg

Enjoy

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
Trinity Guitars

Ignore
« Reply #1528 on: December 24, 2008, 02:46:57 PM »

Merry Christmas to you Jim

ps check you list, there are 3 lefties on order.  Me, Tuffy, and Phil

You are correct three lefty's!

Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1529 on: December 24, 2008, 03:02:28 PM »

Breaking News

6 All Mahogany
2 lefty's
3 cut a ways
21 herringbone purfling

Be Safe
Merry Christmas Practice PEACE
Jim Holler

I am sure the number will keep going up.  Maybe over 50 is a reasonable guess!

Happy Christmas to you to Jim, and to everyone else here.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
BlastersFan55

Ignore
« Reply #1530 on: December 24, 2008, 03:44:28 PM »

I fully concur, Ben - and with Jim's message as well.  Happy Christmas to all!

42 guitars.....yikes!!!  JCL better get started now!   

And, to my sailing friend, Day Sailor -  back atcha!       Hope you can grab one of these guitars soon.
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1531 on: December 24, 2008, 05:05:49 PM »

Yeep Yeep Yeep YYYYeeePPPPeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!

Thanks so much Jim !!!     ..... this hat will be special too.   ( just my personal thought:  Forum Git III, Trinity Guitars, early Christmas gift - how appropriate !!! )

May you and yours also have a good celebration of Christmas and may the Lord smile upon you throughout 2009.

Merry Christmas everybody !!!

Warmly,

ricky 
bhika
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1532 on: December 24, 2008, 05:29:39 PM »

WOW! 42 guitars. There going to be a lot a happy forum members in a few months.

Not a bad Christmas present for Larrivee or Trinity Guitars as well.

jeff

Larrivee 00-03MT Forum IV  #30 of 29
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1533 on: December 24, 2008, 06:29:47 PM »

Wow, 50 or so Forum III guitars will help the factory keep busy and Jim even busier.  Good for the economies of both Canada and the USA. 

I wonder about the many reasons that people are ordering this guitar:
(1) I want to own and play a special and somewhat unique guitar.
(2) I think the LS-03 guitar (and its variants) will have a wonderful tone.
(3) I love 12-fret guitars.
(4) Heck, the price is pretty good, and if I don't like it I won't lose (too) much money.
(5) I'll put it in my museum and let it appreciate in value over the years.
(6) I think I can make a small profit by selling it to forumites who wished they had ordered one.
(7) It is going to be a gift for a special person.
(8) I have permanent GAS and this guitar is what I must have.

For me, (2) and (3) best fit.  My fingers are looking forward to picking out some sweet tunes.

Thanks again Ricky, Jim, and of course Larrivee!

Play it daily for best results.
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1534 on: December 24, 2008, 06:40:03 PM »

Wow, 50 or so Forum III guitars will help the factory keep busy and Jim even busier.  Good for the economies of both Canada and the USA. 

(4) Heck, the price is pretty good, and if I don't like it I won't lose (too) much money.
(6) I think I can make a small profit by selling it to forumites who wished they had ordered one.

For me, (2) and (3) best fit.  My fingers are looking forward to picking out some sweet tunes.

add (9) (as someone pointed out earlier today - not me) this is like ordering a custom shop guitar, but the design process has involved several people of like mind to myself - a triumph of co-operation.

That has made this special for me.  If the guitar doesn't live up to expectations, I can blame someone else too!!

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1535 on: December 24, 2008, 06:48:55 PM »

For me (8) and (8) best fit. But also (7) guess who  whistling

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #1536 on: December 24, 2008, 11:51:42 PM »

GOOD NEWS   /   BAD NEWS  DEPT.

Well, since it's Christmas Eve. and I think Mrs. Tuffythepug might be a good humor this evening I decided to let the cat out of the bag re: the forum III guitar.   .....  Approached the subject gingerly hinting about what a great thread I've been a part of here;  and how much fun everyone had designing and spec'ing the "perfect" forum III guitar.  and  how great it was that Jim Holler and Jean Larrivee are playiing along with our little game, and so on.    I hadn't even mentioned one word about this to her in all this time we've been discussing it here.  I was just about to ease into the fact that I've placed my order when she looks me straight in the eye and says "So what are you gonna sell to pay for it ?"
Good news:  I don't have to keep a secret any longer and she's excited about the new guitar (my 11th total: 4th Larrivee.  Bad News:  Somethings gotta go.   Watch the 4 sale section for some electrics that will be looking for new homes.  Lefties, of course.

Tuffythepug

Nmbr5

Ignore
« Reply #1537 on: December 25, 2008, 12:07:32 AM »

This is a big problem drool

I am hot on the trail of C-09 AND a Koa Martin...now I have to add the Forum III to my GAS list.
Tough decisions ahead for me... :

Ovation Celebrity CC57
Epiphone Joe Pas Emperor II
Martin DCX1E
Larrivee D-03-12R
Larrivee C-10 (1997)
Larrivee J-09 (1994)
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1538 on: December 25, 2008, 12:43:10 AM »

GOOD NEWS   /   BAD NEWS  DEPT.

Well, since it's Christmas Eve. and I think Mrs. Tuffythepug might be a good humor this evening I decided to let the cat out of the bag re: the forum III guitar.   .....  Approached the subject gingerly hinting about what a great thread I've been a part of here;  and how much fun everyone had designing and spec'ing the "perfect" forum III guitar.  and  how great it was that Jim Holler and Jean Larrivee are playiing along with our little game, and so on.    I hadn't even mentioned one word about this to her in all this time we've been discussing it here.  I was just about to ease into the fact that I've placed my order when she looks me straight in the eye and says "So what are you gonna sell to pay for it ?"
Good news:  I don't have to keep a secret any longer and she's excited about the new guitar (my 11th total: 4th Larrivee.  Bad News:  Somethings gotta go.   Watch the 4 sale section for some electrics that will be looking for new homes.  Lefties, of course.

Tuffythepug

Well at least you don't have that gut wrenching from keeping a secret from Mrs pug. + you got three months to sell something.
Put half of them up for sale and when you sell one take the others off the market.
I have a suspicion that this is not a money issue but rather an issue concerning lots of guitar cases. I hope you're not like me, I've still got all my box's.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #1539 on: December 25, 2008, 12:46:49 AM »

Mr_LV19e

You are correct on all counts.  Strict one in / one out rule around here.
Pages: 1 ... 76 [77] 78 ... 119   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: