Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: TimButterfield on December 22, 2008, 12:09:58 PM
For those folks that did order a second Forum III, do we just contact Jim or do we also need to update the order thread?

Thanks for any advice on this.

Tim

Tim,

Please update the order thread as well. We'll double check that thread vs the ordes Jim has received to make sure nothing gets missed.

You can either edit your original order post, or add a second one and indicate its the 2nd guitar being ordered.

thx

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: rpm60912 on December 22, 2008, 03:30:22 PM

Unless of course, I keep getting teased by a certain PV-09E owner  :doh

ricky

LOL! Just to set the record straight, I had no intention of getting a certain PV-09E, in fact, I was set on a P-09. That being said, a certain PV-09E was actually in the store hanging on the wall, bought by the dealer b4 the price increase, and if I wanted the dealer to order in a P-09 at our current currency rate (in October) was gonna cost I believe it was about $50 less than the PV-09E. I definitely could do the math and ended up with Holly. Also, to set the record straight, I much prefer Florentine cutaways and yes, this is purely esthetic!
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Just curious... for those of you lucky enough to be ordering two guitars, do you have tons of money under the mattress or what?  :roll

pft... all you RW lovers.............  :tongue:
:humour:

Jeffrey

Quote from: lyric_girl on December 22, 2008, 03:53:13 PM
Just curious... for those of you lucky enough to be ordering two guitars, do you have tons of money under the mattress or what?  :roll

they are getting their guitars stuffed with pesos! :humour:
Jeffrey

Quote from: KY MOOSE on December 22, 2008, 12:20:47 PM
:donut :coffee :donut2 :coffee :donut :coffee :donut2 :coffee :donut :coffee :donut2 :donut :coffee :donut2 :coffee :donut :coffee :donut2 :coffee :donut :coffee :donut2 :coffee :donut :coffee :donut2 :coffee :donut

Thanks to all involved getting this off the ground & flying (and for all the insightful posts)...also for the email announcement that got my initial attention.  Was first   :drool:  salivating   :drool:  about the rosewood model, but decided that the ALL HOG model would be the one for me!  Just placed my order with Jim, and can hardly wait.  Count me in (Whole Hog)  #35! 

Larrivee D-03R
Norman B-50 (12)
*Larrivee LS-03MT/HP

Atta boy KY MOOSE !   Welcome aboard the Whole Hog Express.   :cheers
The numbers are slowly climbing.  A month ago I would have bet money that we wouldn't even be able to reach 16 guitars total.  This thread has been incredible.  Now it's snowballed into something I never dreamed of.  No telling what the final tally will be.   We might hit 40 orders befor it's all over.   I wonder when was the last time that a dealer sent Larrivee an order for 40 guitars ????

Tuffythepug

I was just thinking, do we even have yuppies anymore? I thought we'd moved on to Gen X aka The Terminally Hip. You know, the rectangular glasses wearing angry vegans who wear little tiny t shirts?

No offense to angry tiny t shirt wearing spectacled vegans intended.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: strawintogold on December 22, 2008, 03:43:19 PM
Why do you think it's limiting? I'm not sure what you do with your guitars, but I can't think of what the limitation would be. Unless it makes you list to the side excessively.

How can you lump hippies in with yuppies, don't they cancel each other out?

holly

You guys crack me up.   :roll

I hear you... holly.    My ears don't hear the difference between the Cutaway and Non.    

To my eyes, Taylor cutaways look better than Larri's V (but the latter is growing on me).

Now, I don't want to wait for years until I learn to get up the neck on 12th and beyond.    I already have one piece where my pinkie presses the 12th.

If I can learn one song... even one song that would make me access the 14th fret and up... then I would feel better about the extra $300 for my current LSV-03R order.

ricky

Quote from: lyric_girl on December 22, 2008, 03:52:11 PM
Also, to set the record straight, I much prefer Florentine cutaways and yes, this is purely esthetic!

Eeeeeewwwwww !!!   Florentine?  :yak:      Okay, I do respect your taste, but the pointy thing is not just for me.

So, you should sell me Holly for 5,000 Pesos  :whistling:   

Isn't there a C-something in stock at Twelfth Fret?

ricky

Quote from: es-335 on December 22, 2008, 03:54:42 PM
they are getting their guitars stuffed with pesos! :humour:

Muwahahaha.... :roll

BTW... how do you pronounce the word    "pft"    ......  or am I supposed to get "wind" of what you mean?  :laughin:

ricky

Quote from: lyric_girl on December 22, 2008, 03:53:13 PM
I'm not ordering two...yet.  But, I am selling a camera and a couple of laptop computers. Gotta set those priorities...   :bgrin:

Tim
2000 Larrivée OM-10
2007 Larrivée P-09 QM (Quilted Maple)
2008 Pavan TP-30 (RW/Cedar)

Quote from: rpm60912 on December 22, 2008, 04:03:48 PM
Eeeeeewwwwww !!!   Florentine?  :yak:      Okay, I do respect your taste, but the pointy thing is not just for me.

So, you should sell me Holly for 5,000 Pesos  :whistling:   

Isn't there a C-something in stock at Twelfth Fret?

ricky

The pointy thing is kewl, at least in my warped opinion.

If you want Holly, you know what currency that $5,000 is gonna be in. It would solve your cutaway envy!

Gonna be honest, don't usually pay attention to what Larris that 12th Fret has, at least not since Holly came home.

Florentine cutaways sorta remind me of those  :ohmy:  SUICIDE DOORS   :ohmy:  on old Limos.  Sure, they look BADD, but there's always that chance...

Almost went with the venetian for my LS-03; but couldn't compromise the full tone potential, once I committed to the Hog top.

Thanks for welcoming me into the forum, Ross

:donut :donut2 :donut :donut2 :coffee :donut :donut2 :donut :donut2

Quote from: strawintogold on December 22, 2008, 03:43:19 PM
Why do you think it's limiting? I'm not sure what you do with your guitars, but I can't think of what the limitation would be. Unless it makes you list to the side excessively.

How can you lump hippies in with yuppies, don't they cancel each other out?

holly

Looks and sound. It's impossible for the cutaway not to raise the resonant frequency unless something else is modified also.

No, I find modern hippies and yuppies are often very similar, one just happens to have longer hair and like meat less. Everyone's going Emo now anyway. Even they're a version of the same thing, just weaker and their clothes are even tighter than the angry t-shirt wearers. Oh and they're not angry but sad instead.

You forgot to mention that Emo boys wear girl's jeans. That may account for a bit of the glumness.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Sorry Forum...I'm coming in to this late and the Forum III specs posted doesn't say satin or gloss finish.  What is it?  Thanks

grtplayer

Satin only, I'm afraid.

Can a satin be buffed to a gloss finish?  

Never mind Forum I checked the Technica=l section and got my answer

Quote from: dependan on December 21, 2008, 10:00:20 AM
                 Just put some EJ-17's on the L-03R and play it a few days and see how it sounds.
My LV-03R had Elixers on it and It was just not a tone I liked at all. But the EJ-17's or 16's seem to punch it up. Lot's of string discussion elsewhere. So I hope not to start that up here.
    My 12 fret 00 has a "bigger sound" than you would expect from a guitar smaller than this LS, with a nice bass response, my 00 is no great heavy strummer by any stretch though.
    My Martin OM-21 RW/Spruce has a deep bass response and is actually slightly smaller than the LS specs. I know the build is different, but the OM-21 is a 14 fret, so I would assume the 12 fret LS would have a good response as well and be capable of moderate strumming.
    A person who strums only may want a higher action though. But it's all speculation to some degree. And it's all also subjective to the player.

You got the scalloped bracing, that's the factor I think that is giving you a lot of bass, it's kind of comparing apples to oranges because the Larrivee bracing pattern is more shall I say restrictive to the lower tones, as is the modern bracing patterns that Martin uses in some of the other models.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte