Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you never saw the first thread, you may enjoy reading the 1st page at least. Within 6 posts we had this basic guitar that we are getting now decided on. Here is the link to the thread.
                                  http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=23989.msg210989#msg210989

Ricky made the 1st post November 28th.   :wink: Not bad eh?

Quote from: dependan on December 19, 2008, 03:23:29 PM
    If you never saw the first thread, you may enjoy reading the 1st page at least. Within 6 posts we had this basic guitar that we are getting now decided on. Here is the link to the thread.<<snip>>  :wink: Not bad eh? 

There was also a handful of us on that first page lobbying for a 00. We just couldn't get a foothold in all the discussion.
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: Dotneck on December 19, 2008, 03:32:33 PM

There was also a handful of us on that first page lobbying for a 00. We just couldn't get a foothold in all the discussion.

Haha I was one of them!!

only on the 2nd page
Jeffrey

Quote from: Mr Wintle on December 19, 2008, 12:34:20 PM
....of course, that means we miss out on setup and fancy hat from Jim.

You win some, you lose some.

Are all Canadians so hard to please? Or is it like an Irish thing, can't get too excited and all that. Or maybe you'd like Jim to walk it up there after he does the setup? Would you like a pony too? Ya'll could use it to pratice that whole gift horse mouth looking that's getting a bit tired on this end.

Where's Danny with that umbrella?

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

I watched from the start but didn't want to get involved because I thought there was no way to get a guitar to the UK without a lotto win.  However, Jim's reasonable shipping rates, and the best wife on the planet made this a reality for me.  By the time I joined in, everyone else had pretty much nailed my ideal specs.  I am thrilled about the herringbone purfling and rosette, just the icing on the cake, but it as the Italian Spruce that made this a must have guitar for me.  I believe that was your suggestion Danny, for which much credit is due.   I am sure JCL wouldn't have suggested it if it hadn't been put to him.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

hopefully, some $$$ will just show up on my front door soon...!!
Jeffrey

Quote from: Dotneck on December 19, 2008, 03:32:33 PM

My first post mentioned 00, right after Tad 's about the LSV-03 which is what we are getting if you want it....AMAZING....

Everytime I see $$$ I think it's censor code for *ss. SO that sentance made me laugh. A lot. I'm going for the cutaway. All I can say it Larrivee can take thier time making them. No rush, really. Unless the money shows up and then I'll be all like. "Well?!"

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

holly, you don't need an umbrella, you zap those rainclouds with that shining personality :whistling:

Quote from: dependan on December 19, 2008, 03:49:34 PM
holly, you don't need an umbrella, you zap those rainclouds with that shining personality :whistling:

As in 'The Shining'?

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.

Although I'm not participating because the specs don't fit my needs, I can't say enough about how impressed I've been with Jim Holler at Trinity Guitars. He's the linchpin that's brought this amazing effort to fruition. And he has done so with style and a great sense of positive cooperation.

Kudos to Jim and Trinity Guitars!!!!

Al

I just upgraded my Forum III order to include the herringbone purf.  It looks really good with the All HOG guitar.

If you guys really want to start getting excited...read through this old thread showing some photos of the Forum 2005 guitar as well as photos of the guitars at various stages of manufacturing at the Larrivee factory.  It certainly would be cool to get some similar factory photos of our new Forum III guitars as they are being made.

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=22827.0

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

Quote from: ARK on December 19, 2008, 04:07:21 PM
Although I'm not participating because the specs don't fit my needs, I can't say enough about how impressed I've been with Jim Holler at Trinity Guitars. He's the linchpin that's brought this amazing effort to fruition. And he has done so with style and a great sense of positive cooperation.

Kudos to Jim and Trinity Guitars!!!!

Al
A big DITTO to that.... Man Al I wish you could get in, you were highly interested and I was for the short scale too, but it ain't gonna happen for this one. The only short scale still being made is the Parlor I guess. There are some LSV-11's around that are short scale, I think Tadol said he is selling his for less now too get 2 forum gits, you might try that.

Hay you guys took away my next suprise. I have already asked for photos of the build process to post here. I was already planing a trip to see my daughter next year and am going to try to do it as the first guitars are being completed.  :nice guitar:
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com

Quote from: dependan on December 19, 2008, 04:50:09 PM
  A big DITTO to that.... Man Al I wish you could get in, you were highly interested and I was for the short scale too, but it ain't gonna happen for this one. The only short scale still being made is the Parlor I guess. There are some LSV-11's around that are short scale, I think Tadol said he is selling his for less now too get 2 forum gits, you might try that.

Thanks for the thoughts. I've been thinking about the LSV-11, but my other desire besides short scale is for more of an 00 size guitar as a contrast to my OM-05, which is big enough for me. I'm considering a Blueridge BR-361 which is in the same price ballpark as the ForumIII.  I don't know to much about Blueridge's yet. Then there is always the Forum IV in a couple of years if I can organize the USSGP  (Union of Short Scale Guitar Players).     :humour:.

Al

Quote from: Trinity Guitars on December 19, 2008, 05:08:31 PM
Hay you guys took away my next suprise. I have already asked for photos of the build process to post here. I was already planing a trip to see my daughter next year and am going to try to do it as the first guitars are being completed.  :nice guitar:
Jim Holler

Jim
That would be wonderful.  Thanks for all your efforts to get this thing to fly.  Looking forward to the guitar, the cap, and the pics.  (take a few extra pics of the lefty all hog, would you ?) :bgrin:

Tuffythepug

Personally, instead of the cut away option, I'd really like an upgraded arched top case...
Greg

Larrivée L-05 Red Spruce Top
DeArmond M-68 Moon Blue
Fender Bullet S-2 Sunburst
Fender Telecaster Thinline
Peavey Predator

Quote from: Trinity Guitars on December 19, 2008, 05:08:31 PM
Jim Holler

Oops....sorry about that Jim.  Didn't want to ruin your surprise.  It would be absolutely amazing if you could get us some photos.  Much thx. 

I was thinking that once I get my guitar, I'm tempted to print out this entire discussion forum thread and save it in a file folder somewhere with the photos.  When my great-great-great grandchildren take the guitar into the Antiques Roadshow in the year 2100 for a price appraisal, I'm sure the guitar will be worth more with all background information preserved... :roll :roll :roll :humour:

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

Ok, I'm gonna admit, that now that Canadian shipping has been worked out, I am quite seriously thinking about jumping back on the wagon. If I do, I apologize to both Randy and Jim Holler in advance for having to remove me from the list and then put me back on.  :rolleye:

Quick question folks...What the heck is the difference between binding and purfling?

Many many thanks.

LJ
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

I want to chime in and thank everyone involved with getting this together so quickly and efficiently.  I haven't been around this particular forum very often lately (more active on the AGF,) so I greatly appreciated the broadcast message letting me know about FG-III.  I'd been casually looking around for a guitar to contrast with my L-03R but cost, of course, was a big concern in this economy.  I just couldn't pass up the rare combo of Alpine spruce/hog, 12-fret design and a smaller (though not "small") body.  It should compliment the L-03R very nicely, and now the cutaway cinches the deal in a sub-$1500 package.

Can't wait!

Adam

:donut :donut :donut