Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: strawintogold on December 18, 2008, 06:09:03 PM
I understand, but it is what it is, you know? If it makes you feel any better we have a President that many of us would have been thrilled to chuck a couple shoes at, no health care (my meds alone cost $250 a month) plus we don't have those little maple sugar people candies. Perhaps the biggest travesty of all.

holly

I totally understand. I have many friends in the US who feel just like you do.

However, if you would like, and yes, I'm serious... PM me your snail mail addy and I will be happy to send you some maple syrup candies.

Lynda
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: Vancouver Southpaw on December 18, 2008, 05:58:05 PM

Taxes alone in BC would be almost $160 based on an approximate value of CA$1300, which will depend on what the exchange rate is the day the paperwork hits the border.

Then you've got shipping and brokerage fees, makes it substantially more expensive.

Hell, I could practically walk over to Cordova St. from my place and pick up the guitar!

Mike

I hear you Mike..... I can drive to Vancouver & do a local pick-up.... Let's see. Who knows? Something may still be worked out.   ricky

I'd love to try a cutaway but since I'm not familar with the body size at all, that's a huge $$$ jump. Anyone care to weigh in on this?

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: strawintogold on December 18, 2008, 06:09:03 PM
no health care (my meds alone cost $250 a month)
holly

Ouch!   holly, i must confess i've been holding out on my deposit... as the cost is prohibitive (only because of the stinking CAD exchange rate; otherwise, this is a great deal in USD).  now with your perspective, we really have nothing to complain about.  ricky

MODIFIED... see comments in parenthesis

Quote from: strawintogold on December 18, 2008, 06:12:27 PM
I'd love to try a cutaway but since I'm not familar with the body size at all, that's a huge $$$ jump. Anyone care to weigh in on this?

I tried to negotiate with Jim... from a luthier's standpoint, a cutaway apparently is labor intensive.  Hence the 300 price hike.

I don't go beyond the 12 fret... but the cutaway looks cool and maybe useful to a player who needs to get that far.

Also, I like the H-bone purfling.

So as much as this pushes the PRICE even higher... I may just make the irrational emotional decision (as with all my guitar purchases) to order

the Forum Git III (rosewood) fully loaded with the works !!!

ricky

Quote from: rpm60912 on December 18, 2008, 06:15:03 PM
Ouch!   holly, i must confess i've been holding out on my deposit... as the cost is prohibitive.  now with your perspective, we really have nothing to complain about.  ricky

You would if I was off the meds....

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: rpm60912 on December 18, 2008, 06:18:53 PM
I tried to negotiate with Jim... from a luthier's standpoint, a cutaway apparently is labor intensive.  Hence the 300 price hike.

I don't go beyond the 12 fret... but the cutaway looks cool and maybe useful to a player who needs to get that far.

Also, I like the H-bone purfling.

So as much as this pushes the PRICE even higher... I may just make the irrational emotional decision (as with all my guitar purchases) to order

the Forum Git III (rosewood) fully loaded with the works !!!

ricky

Ricky,

Have I told you that I think you have lost your mind yet? However, the herringbone perfling and the cutaway would be SO kewl!
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

The cost for either side of the fence is a deal. And besides this is not an ordinary guitar. WE who are proceeding are happy with it and appreciate Jim Holler stepping up and moving quickly and efficiently on this.
  In pure economic terms this is a great deal for a great guitar. I don't see why anyone would want to rain on the parade.
                                 This is a good thing :thumbsup Don't you agree? There is no need to try and find something negative on this opportunity. We have been given 3 choices of tonewood, we chose by consensus an out of production guitar, we get JCL to sign the special label and we get to have a very rare 12 fret LS model. And having a responsible dealer who is also involved in the forum family carrying out the heavy lifting for us is something we are thankful for.
                      I do not see any rain clouds on this deal. It came to pass faster than anyone who's been around the forum for long could believe. Some have said so and I have no doubt myself that anyone observing this from the start never would have believed we could be here RIGHT NOW. At least 3 more were ordered today alone. The last time I checked. Forum members know this is a deal and something not to missed if it can be worked out.
                     Things like a rosette being not the one a member chose are really minor. And any and every other small item that seems to grow larger if "fed" really are just small trivial items that won't be remembered in April when we all recieve this cool guitar. Actualy many small items that tried to derail us have been buried 20,30, or 40 pages back and most were dealt with before we ever started this particular thread.
  I think 7 or 8 posts were made before I could put this out there, including Ricky's announcement.... It just get's better :thumbsup                                        Danny

Quote from: lyric_girl on December 18, 2008, 06:21:34 PM
Ricky,

Have I told you that I think you have lost your mind yet? However, the herringbone perfling and the cutaway would be SO kewl!

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

what?

Quote from: rpm60912 on December 18, 2008, 06:08:30 PM
Breaking News !!!

Here's a direct quote from Jim Holler's email to me and Randy this morning.  As of late this afternoon, early evening in the East coast, these 2 additional options
for an extra cost are now officially available.

"Larrivee has offered a cut a way $300 and herring bone purfling $150.  they are impressed with the numbers and felt that they could offer more options."

If you wish to have only ONE or BOTH these options:

Please modify your orders in the Order Thread and Randy will modify the locked Forum Git III Specs thread.

If you do NOT want these options, then leave your order AS IS.

REPEAT... these 2 items are OPTIONAL (NOT everyone has to have them...)

These options will give an opportunity for those who HELD BACK (i.e. have not committed until now) because there was no cutaway option originally...
but cutaway & H-bone purfling now available OPTIONS for the above additional costs.

Warmly,

ricky  :nana_guitar

That is good news.  I don't care about the cutaway but I did just modify my order on the forum III order thread to include the Herringbone Purfling.    It will look so much better with both the rosette and the purfling being herringbone.

Tuffythepug

Does anyone have a pic of herringbone purfling? Purfling, I love that word. I can see it looking awesome on a MT.
"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.

WOW!  Options!!   This is GREAT -

For those worrying about cost - compare to an OMV-03R, add in cost for bone nut/saddle,  figure the value ( to you ) of custom herringbone and special italian spruce top, then add the potential of whether you would ever get this Larrivee ever again.

This is getting to be a hard call on how to put this one together - We need some of you photoshop experts to start throwing a few pics together!!

Oh - and I just dropped the price on my OMV-10K and LSV-11 because I really think I wanna get two of these -

Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

Quote from: tadol on December 18, 2008, 06:28:10 PM
WOW!  Options!!   This is GREAT -

For those worrying about cost - compare to an OMV-03R, add in cost for bone nut/saddle,  figure the value ( to you ) of custom herringbone and special italian spruce top, then add the potential of whether you would ever get this Larrivee ever again.

This is getting to be a hard call on how to put this one together - We need some of you photoshop experts to start throwing a few pics together!!

Oh - and I just dropped the price on my OMV-10K and LSV-11 because I really think I wanna get two of these -

Tad

Go Tad... you're such an enabler !!!  ricky    

(I'll do my research and compare. BTW, the discussion among Canadians is about the terrible exchange rate...
not about the sweet deal that is the Forum Git III... now with more options!!!   Yey !!! )

Quote from: Randy_R on December 18, 2008, 06:31:09 PM
I thought you had to pay the tax, in any case?

Just the GST 5% and
if applicable provincial tax (non for Alberta... which is where I live  :smile:)

Thanks to NAFTA... no duty fees.

But.... if Jim can give us Canucks the same sweet deal of free shipping,.. that would save us another 80CAD.

ricky

I couldn't resist going for the thematic look of herringbone purfling to match the rosette.

It gets even more specialer and personal!

Reminds me of Jerry Maguire, "you had me at the Italian Spruce."

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

Quote from: strawintogold on December 18, 2008, 06:26:53 PM
Does anyone have a pic of herringbone purfling? Purfling, I love that word. I can see it looking awesome on a MT.

Here ya go Holly

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi. PLEASE make sure you let me know directly also if you are midifing your order for the guitar. I want to make sure I get them all made the way you want them.
Thanks Jim Holler :nice guitar: all of them.
Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com

Thanks Tuffy, I'm wondering if the herringbone would sort of get lost next to the IS?

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.

Randy... I'm not sure the clear pickguard is official.

If I remember my emails correctly, Jim is still working on this!

You may want to delete your latest post re: clear PG... until we know for sure... perhaps by tomorrow?

ricky  :smile:

Quote from: strawintogold on December 18, 2008, 06:59:03 PM
Thanks Tuffy, I'm wondering if the herringbone would sort of get lost next to the IS?

holly

Holly
If anything it would stand out even more against the very light color of the IS.    several pages ago I posted a pic of a Santa Cruz forum guitar which was a 00 size with Italian spruce top and herringbone purfling and rosette.   It looks real good that way.  Of course, I kinda like the look with mahogany too.
Maybe I should post that SC picture again. ?

Tuffythepug