Pages: 1 ... 53 [54] 55 ... 119   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar discussion  (Read 202154 times)
oldrockfan

Ignore
« Reply #1060 on: December 15, 2008, 08:15:16 PM »

can I get the actual price of the forum 3 guitar also? I'd like to see price on the mahog/spruce and the rosewood/spruce. Also just wondering since they are offering more than one version did they consider adding a maple/spruce version as an option?

Fender American Strat
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES-335
05 Larrivee OM-03R
Gibson LC-1 Cascade
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1061 on: December 15, 2008, 08:24:08 PM »

can I get the actual price of the forum 3 guitar also? I'd like to see price on the mahog/spruce and the rosewood/spruce. Also just wondering since they are offering more than one version did they consider adding a maple/spruce version as an option?
No Maple and there is a spec thread and pricing is south of 1100
mad mad stop rubbing it in.... mad

Blue
Sorry Blue... not tryin to do that...

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
Blue in VT
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1062 on: December 15, 2008, 08:31:29 PM »

I realize that Danny...just my jealousy rearing its ugly head!

Blue

OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)
oldrockfan

Ignore
« Reply #1063 on: December 15, 2008, 08:34:08 PM »

just wondering how far south of 1100 they are talking about? Also have they got a concept pic of what the guitar will look like?

Fender American Strat
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES-335
05 Larrivee OM-03R
Gibson LC-1 Cascade
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1064 on: December 15, 2008, 08:38:49 PM »

just wondering how far south of 1100 they are talking about? Also have they got a concept pic of what the guitar will look like?

Not too far south.... In money terms, it's not even a mile in my books.

You may contact or PM Jim Holler of Trinity Guitars for exact prices.

ricky
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1065 on: December 15, 2008, 08:41:32 PM »

Part of the excitement is that we cannot really show you exactly what it will look like.  The body shape will be line the LS-09 that there is a link to a few posts back by satch.  The Italian Spruce is very pale coloured.  Examples of the herringbone rosette are shown in the thread too, as is a picture of JCL holding the Italian Spruce.  The rest is really down to your own ability to visualise it.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1066 on: December 15, 2008, 08:44:40 PM »

Check PM

tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #1067 on: December 15, 2008, 11:53:55 PM »

Here's an update on the "recruits' I brought over from the leftyfrets forum.
So far I've received serious inquiries from 5 different members there.   As of right now Phil is on board and will be placing his order right away.    One other is on the fence, having just purchased a new Santa Cruz OM.    The rest are still considering jumping in;  finances permitting.
I'm a little surprised that so many from that forum picked up on what a great opportunity this is. 

Phil, if you're reading this.....welcome aboard.   Look forward to hearing your thoughts about the forum guitar when it finally gets in your hands.   

Tuffythepug
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1068 on: December 16, 2008, 12:03:09 AM »

This might not be that accurate, but it was fun anyway.  Fitness1 just posted a thread about an LSV 12 fret for sale.  I thought it would be fun to photoshop it to take the cutaway out to show what the forum git body shape might look like with the 12 fret neck.  I know this is the slightly smaller LS body, but it gives a good impression perhaps, given that all the other pictures we have seen are 14 fret models, or classicals????

Compare it to the picture of the LS-05 that Tuffy posted, I think the proportions work much better visually with a 12 fret neck.

Ben I thought this was worth re-posting so some of the newcomers to the thread could see the size and shape.

[attachment deleted by admin]

tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #1069 on: December 16, 2008, 12:22:30 AM »

Danny
Yeah, .....just imagine it with a herringbone rosette and a beautiful mahogany top 

JasonA

Ignore
« Reply #1070 on: December 16, 2008, 12:37:28 AM »

Could someone PM or Email me with Jim's pricing on these forum guitars? I emailed him first thing this morning, but no reply yet. I'm tempted... 

bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1071 on: December 16, 2008, 12:41:03 AM »

Here's an update on the "recruits' I brought over from the leftyfrets forum.
So far I've received serious inquiries from 5 different members there.   As of right now Phil is on board and will be placing his order right away.    One other is on the fence, having just purchased a new Santa Cruz OM.    The rest are still considering jumping in;  finances permitting.
I'm a little surprised that so many from that forum picked up on what a great opportunity this is. 

Phil, if you're reading this.....welcome aboard.   Look forward to hearing your thoughts about the forum guitar when it finally gets in your hands.   

Tuffythepug
Why so surprised? ... everyone knows the high level of intelligence that lefties possess.

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1072 on: December 16, 2008, 02:01:55 AM »

Could someone PM or Email me with Jim's pricing on these forum guitars? I emailed him first thing this morning, but no reply yet. I'm tempted... 

done !

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
Cybenator

Ignore
« Reply #1073 on: December 16, 2008, 02:17:21 AM »

I too have emailed Jim , with no response...   Anyone help me out?

Greg

Larrivée L-05 Red Spruce Top
DeArmond M-68 Moon Blue
Fender Bullet S-2 Sunburst
Fender Telecaster Thinline
Peavey Predator
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1074 on: December 16, 2008, 02:28:36 AM »

I too have emailed Jim , with no response...   Anyone help me out?

Jim said he has a BIG backlog of email that he will answer. I'll forward the actual price to you.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
dwade277

Ignore
« Reply #1075 on: December 16, 2008, 02:59:51 AM »

I picked up an OM-05M last year around this time with help from members hear. I love this guitar. Now you all send me a letter letin' me know about a new Forum guitar. I'm a sucker for mahogany guitars and I'm startin' to salivate.
 Sorry I have not read through all the posts. Can you tell me if it is a true mahogany guitar with a satin finish?? Is there any way you all can start a poor musicians fund in my name?
Can some one PM me the price of an all mahogany guitar?
 Video of me and my Larrivee opening up for Bo Bice www.myspace.com/damonjohnwade

Practice, practice, practice.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1076 on: December 16, 2008, 03:08:02 AM »

I picked up an OM-05M last year around this time with help from members hear. I love this guitar. Now you all send me a letter letin' me know about a new Forum guitar. I'm a sucker for mahogany guitars and I'm startin' to salivate.
 Sorry I have not read through all the posts. Can you tell me if it is a true mahogany guitar with a satin finish?? Is there any way you all can start a poor musicians fund in my name?
Can some one PM me the price of an all mahogany guitar?
 Video of me and my Larrivee opening up for Bo Bice www.myspace.com/damonjohnwade
It's real hog and an Italian spruce  if you want that option for top or RW sides
     Are there any other kind of  musicians?   whistling

willguitar

Ignore
« Reply #1077 on: December 16, 2008, 04:52:36 AM »

Hi,

Jim sent me the prices very early this morning. I'm sure he is working through the list of interested people. Now would be the ideal time to inquire about any upgrades as well. Kudos to Jim!

Cheers,

Will

Acoustic, Electric & Air guitars
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1078 on: December 16, 2008, 05:21:51 AM »

Wow, another Larrivee forum guitar!  Temptation is low but growing.  Jim H is a great guy to work with.  I've bought 3 guitars from him.

A few questions come to mind and any replies will be appreciated by this former Larry owner (JV-05E, L-05MT, L-03MT, SD-50).  The LS size sounds intriguing.
Q:  How will the MT version sound compared to a typical L-03MT?  Compared to an 000-15S?
Q:  Can you describe how Italian spruce sounds compared to Sitka or Adi?

If these questions have been answered earlier, please send me the link.  Thanks!

Play it daily for best results.
vates

Ignore
« Reply #1079 on: December 16, 2008, 10:12:19 AM »

Sorry for asking, but I haven't found this yet:
Will it be satin-finished like all -03s or gloss? Many thanks!

Serge

2009 Larrivée F-III LS-03RHB #36
2009 Larrivée A-33
Pages: 1 ... 53 [54] 55 ... 119   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: