Pages: 1 ... 52 [53] 54 ... 119   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar discussion  (Read 201571 times)
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1040 on: December 15, 2008, 03:29:47 PM »

Hey...that has an abalone rosette.

That's harsh.  I even took out the silver headstock binding now too.  Maybe I can get one of those rainbow Esteban rosettes Tuffy mentioned and put that on it??

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1041 on: December 15, 2008, 03:43:11 PM »

Nice work Ben.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #1042 on: December 15, 2008, 03:47:06 PM »

Guilty!  Especially Larrivee mahogany....just wonder if iit would be too close to my 00 and I wonder if a roseood would be too close to the L-03R???   Nahhh!!!!  I am hog man, you're right and if I sell enough CD/downloads I might actually be able to convince my girlfriend that I need another guitar!!!!   

Denis, come on.  Go Whole Hog...Go Hog Wild...... well, you get my drift.
As for the LS-03 being too close to your 00....    I know you are quite familiar with Larrivee guitars so I assume you know the general spec's of the two.  In a side-by-side size comparison the LS body  looks quite a bit larger to me.    The LS looks to be quite a bit larger to my eyes.  I posted this pic dozens of pages ago but I'll re-post it for your benefit.  It shows a 00, LS, and parlor for comparison.  We'd love to have you on board Denis.   And I, for one, would love to hear you make it sing.  Hope you come aboard.

Tuffythepug

[attachment deleted by admin]
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1043 on: December 15, 2008, 03:54:05 PM »

Looking at your pic again Tuffy, I think the LS looks better proportioned as a 12 fretter.  Some body styles do and some don't in my opinion.

I hope my photoshop effort is accurate now, please don't hold me responsible if it is miles off!!!

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1044 on: December 15, 2008, 04:07:51 PM »

4"    Did you say 4"!!!!!   We have had 66" of snow this year already! 66" and it is not winter yet, and my new snowblower has been in the shop. I have been using a shovel.  4"..........
Jim Holler

near Buffalo, NY. the snow capitol of the USA, and probably gets more snow than most spots in Canada, too. Great if you love cross country skiing!!! Not good if you like a Christmas day motorcycle ride...  yak

I think Buffalo is where all the snow that Canadian snow blowers toss in the air goes...   

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1045 on: December 15, 2008, 04:46:28 PM »

Zach has sent a Forum Guitar III  broadcast message (newsletter) to the registered email address of all subscribers.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1046 on: December 15, 2008, 05:11:39 PM »

near Buffalo, NY. the snow capitol of the USA, and probably gets more snow than most spots in Canada, too. Great if you love cross country skiing!!! Not good if you like a Christmas day motorcycle ride...  yak

I think Buffalo is where all the snow that Canadian snow blowers toss in the air goes...  

You're funny Randy. Don't worry, Jim already holds us responsible for his snow problems.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1047 on: December 15, 2008, 05:14:43 PM »

Guilty!  Especially Larrivee mahogany....just wonder if iit would be too close to my 00 and I wonder if a roseood would be too close to the L-03R???   Nahhh!!!!  I am hog man, you're right and if I sell enough CD/downloads I might actually be able to convince my girlfriend that I need another guitar!!!!   

Denis I have a 00 and I have had an LSV that was the same in body dimensions as to what we are ordering and I can tell you they are a lot different.
                  I measured my Martin OM-21 and it is very close to the same specs except the waist is narrower. The Om-21 is the same body size as a 000 Martin. That may help you a little.  
                  If you can swing it the IS/Hog would fit you like a glove.  IMHO

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
eyemgh

Ignore
« Reply #1048 on: December 15, 2008, 05:44:56 PM »

I haven't been here for a long time, but I got the forum guitar mail. Wow! I haven't owned a Larrivee since I sold my LS-09W. Now to have a 12 fretter w/ rosewood. Too cool!!!

I'm too lazy to read 53 pages of posts. Any word on price? Thanks!

M

EDIT: Ignore that. I found the post. Thanks!!
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1049 on: December 15, 2008, 05:47:47 PM »

I haven't been here for a long time, but I got the forum guitar mail. Wow! I haven't owned a Larrivee since I sold my LS-09W. Now to have a 12 fretter w/ rosewood. Too cool!!!

I'm too lazy to read 53 pages of posts. Any word on price? Thanks!

M

An approx cost is in the spec, I'll send the actual $US to you. forum rules...

Randy R., Georgia, USA
TwoStep420

Ignore
« Reply #1050 on: December 15, 2008, 05:49:43 PM »

An approx cost is in the spec, I'll send the actual $US to you. forum rules...

Can you please send me the price as well. Thanks!

ZandyMan41@gmail.com

dcarey

Ignore
« Reply #1051 on: December 15, 2008, 07:18:28 PM »

Zach has sent a Forum Guitar III  broadcast message (newsletter) to the registered email address of all subscribers.

Just got it!  Unfortunately, I also just got a three week layoff with another coming in February so I'll have to request that my name be removed from any Forum Guitar list  crying

Cash is just too tight right now.

Dan

"Time flies like an arrow..Fruit flies like a banana"
Townes Van Zandt
Blue in VT
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1052 on: December 15, 2008, 07:28:59 PM »

crying blush crying

I feel your pain Dan....sorry to hear about your situation...it is all too common this holiday season.  I wish this forum guitar thing had happened at a different time of year....but the steamroller could not be slowed....**SIGH**

hang in there buddy....things will turn a corner soon...I hope....for both our sakes...

Blue

OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)
limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #1053 on: December 15, 2008, 07:33:05 PM »

Wow! We're up to 21 Forum Guitars now!!! Is that a record for the previous forum guitars?

Maybe Jean will think twice about the LS model as a production model next year.

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
satch

Ignore
« Reply #1054 on: December 15, 2008, 07:38:34 PM »

OK, here's a link to a 1975 'LS09' 12 fret. Not sure if the Forum Guitar is more or less the same or not.

http://randyrick.us/guitars/Larrivee1975LS09.htm
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1055 on: December 15, 2008, 07:39:50 PM »

Thank tuffy and Dan...I'm still not sure...thanks for more peer pressure though!

Seriously though, I'm sold on hog/IS but I'm still going to wait a week or two...just to make sure.  I have until January 2 so no rush...but a 12 fret, IS/hog LS-03...wow, that does sound like my kinda guitar!!!!  

rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1056 on: December 15, 2008, 08:07:47 PM »

4"    Did you say 4"!!!!!   We have had 66" of snow this year already! 66" and it is not winter yet, and my new snowblower has been in the shop. I have been using a shovel.  4"..........
Jim Holler

Ok Jim...  I'm not complaining then... it has been a good winter. Never saw snow until well into December - usually it comes around October - November here.

You're living too close to the Canadian border !!!

ricky
goa

Ignore
« Reply #1057 on: December 15, 2008, 08:10:47 PM »

Hey, I may want in, this is a chance to get a rosewood to compliment my sapale!  

Could the powers that be PM me the price and downpayment?  I read the specs it's "under xyz" which sounds cool.  And I should be able to save the rest in 3 mos.  

thanks,

Garrett

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1058 on: December 15, 2008, 08:11:04 PM »

Wow! We're up to 21 Forum Guitars now!!! Is that a record for the previous forum guitars?

Maybe Jean will think twice about the LS model as a production model next year.

I think we will get a number more ordering. I just wish they would make it to the older smaller specs all around, but I like it just fine either way.
                LS 12 fret IS/true Mahogany or RW or all Hog.... SWEEEEEEET.... plus a signed label and a special "T the P" fretboard.                                      

Sure am thinking about 2  

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
Blue in VT
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1059 on: December 15, 2008, 08:14:33 PM »

Sure am thinking about 2  

mad mad stop rubbing it in.... mad

Blue

OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)
Pages: 1 ... 52 [53] 54 ... 119   Go Up
  Print