Pages: 1 ... 51 [52] 53 ... 119   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar discussion  (Read 201741 times)
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #1020 on: December 14, 2008, 10:41:13 PM »

Norman,

Some of us Canadians are currently living with rain, not snow  :P

Only the lucky ones are living with rain,

it's -27 today, with the windchill -44... and there is only snow outside...... (-16F and -48F with wind chill)

Jeffrey

limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #1021 on: December 14, 2008, 10:45:58 PM »

Only the lucky ones are living with rain,

it's -27 today, with the windchill -44... and there is only snow outside...... (-16F and -48F with wind chill)

It's 4 C in Toronto and it was raining earlier. Edmonton really should plant some trees or get taller buildings.  bigrin

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1022 on: December 14, 2008, 11:17:16 PM »

Norman,

I took a picture outside my window.   But my wife's laptop is already so slow... another low megapixel pic may very be... you know ---

it's a stay indoors weather here...  it was -29C around 2PM when the sun was still shining brightly and temps no way to go but down more....  we have a good 4" of snow

even my old beater refuses to start... my dog if she could talk would probably ask for her own indoor porta-potty ohmy

according to our newcomer residents (their first winter)... all the fluids in their face are freezing...

Well... I figured out how to download pics 1 at a time instead of a bazillion into a really slow computer.

Pardon the quality... but it gives you an idea of how cold it is here... even my dog Georgia needs to keep warm!

ricky

[attachment deleted by admin]
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1023 on: December 15, 2008, 02:54:12 AM »

Ricky,

You have very little snow for December. Love your dog. I wish mine would let me put a hat on his head...NOT!

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1024 on: December 15, 2008, 03:38:41 AM »

Thanks for the photos...helps me remember why I moved south. I have no desire to go through cold snowy winters any more....

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #1025 on: December 15, 2008, 03:45:00 AM »

Norman,

I took a picture outside my window. ....  we have a good 4" of snow ... Ricky

Belated thank you for the pictures, Ricky. Sorry, everyone, for leading us astray from topic. But I DO feel a little more like Christmas now.

Segue back to topic, I'm leaving an empty spot under the tree this year to represent my "dog house" Forum guitar. Unless she (the guitar) surprises me I plan to name her Bella Tesoro, Italian for beautiful treasure. Holly will be happy to know there will be no ugly protuberances on her elegant form.

Norman

Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}
limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #1026 on: December 15, 2008, 04:56:22 AM »

Belated thank you for the pictures, Ricky. Sorry, everyone, for leading us astray from topic. But I DO feel a little more like Christmas now.

Segue back to topic, I'm leaving an empty spot under the tree this year to represent my "dog house" Forum guitar. Unless she (the guitar) surprises me I plan to name her Bella Tesoro, Italian for beautiful treasure. Holly will be happy to know there will be no ugly protuberances on her elegant form.

Norman

I'm going to name mine "lost mortgage payment" after it's benefactor.

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1027 on: December 15, 2008, 01:18:26 PM »

I'm going to name mine "lost mortgage payment" after it's benefactor.

Very nice!!!

You guys have got me starting to gas.  According to the order thread, I have until January 2 to decide whether or not to get one, eh?  And a mahogany/Italian spruce 12 fret LS is calling me now!!!  Or maybe rosewood/Italian spruce....decisions, decisions!

My CD should be available soon, hopefully I can sell enough copies/downloads to be able to afford a Forum III!!!!

bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1028 on: December 15, 2008, 01:35:02 PM »

Very nice!!!

You guys have got me starting to gas.  According to the order thread, I have until January 2 to decide whether or not to get one, eh?  And a mahogany/Italian spruce 12 fret LS is calling me now!!!  Or maybe rosewood/Italian spruce....decisions, decisions!

My CD should be available soon, hopefully I can sell enough copies/downloads to be able to afford a Forum III!!!!

Dennis, if I were you, the only question I would answer between now and Jan 2nd is, "Should I order just one"?

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1029 on: December 15, 2008, 01:39:48 PM »

Very nice!!!

Come on Denis, you know in your heart your a Hog man.
Good luck with the CD's

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
2648wgb

Ignore
« Reply #1030 on: December 15, 2008, 01:43:46 PM »

Does anybody know how many frets the Forum III guitar will have.
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1031 on: December 15, 2008, 01:46:43 PM »

12 to the neck, 15 playable.

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1032 on: December 15, 2008, 02:15:29 PM »

Does anybody know how many frets the Forum III guitar will have.

18 total, I believe.

Roger

Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1033 on: December 15, 2008, 02:25:13 PM »

Come on Denis, you know in your heart your a Hog man.
Good luck with the CD's

Guilty!  Especially Larrivee mahogany....just wonder if iit would be too close to my 00 and I wonder if a roseood would be too close to the L-03R???   Nahhh!!!!  I am hog man, you're right and if I sell enough CD/downloads I might actually be able to convince my girlfriend that I need another guitar!!!!   

Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1034 on: December 15, 2008, 02:36:50 PM »

I sell enough CD/downloads I might actually be able to convince my girlfriend that I need another guitar!!!!   

My wife asked why I was selling my Breedlove and I told her I wanted to order the new Forum III guitar but I absolutely wouldn't do it if I couldn't get rid of one of my other guitars. It's getting really crowded in my small music room. She said: "don't be ridiculous, order it now, you'll be able to sell the Breedlove eventually".
Long story short, buy the guitar, you can always get another girlfriend. 

Did I mention I love my wife sooooo much.

Roger

Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1035 on: December 15, 2008, 02:46:09 PM »

Long story short, buy the guitar, you can always get another girlfriend. 

Did I mention I love my wife sooooo much.

Wow...if that's not peer pressure....thanks for that!!!

I love my girlfriend too and I know she wouldn't get too pissed off if I did...but I think I'm gonna wait until that week between Xmas and new year just to be on the safe side.

Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1036 on: December 15, 2008, 02:59:20 PM »

Wow...if that's not peer pressure....thanks for that!!!

I love my girlfriend too and I know she wouldn't get too pissed off if I did...but I think I'm gonna wait until that week between Xmas and new year just to be on the safe side.

That's probably the smart choice.

Roger

BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1037 on: December 15, 2008, 03:14:25 PM »

This might not be that accurate, but it was fun anyway.  Fitness1 just posted a thread about an LSV 12 fret for sale.  I thought it would be fun to photoshop it to take the cutaway out to show what the forum git body shape might look like with the 12 fret neck.  I know this is the slightly smaller LS body, but it gives a good impression perhaps, given that all the other pictures we have seen are 14 fret models, or classicals????

Compare it to the picture of the LS-05 that Tuffy posted, I think the proportions work much better visually with a 12 fret neck.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1038 on: December 15, 2008, 03:25:03 PM »

Hey...that has an abalone rosette.

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
Trinity Guitars

Ignore
« Reply #1039 on: December 15, 2008, 03:27:29 PM »

Norman,

we have a good 4" of snow
   4"    Did you say 4"!!!!!   We have had 66" of snow this year already! 66" and it is not winter yet, and my new snowblower has been in the shop. I have been using a shovel.  4"..........
Jim Holler

Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com
Pages: 1 ... 51 [52] 53 ... 119   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: