Pages: 1 ... 50 [51] 52 ... 119   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar discussion  (Read 211484 times)
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1000 on: December 14, 2008, 02:04:18 PM »

Nah holly, you're OK then.  Teh spec's thread says that JH will do some extra work at the buyers cost, like electrics, extra strap button etc. etc.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1001 on: December 14, 2008, 02:04:54 PM »

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean the one on the bottom (which for ages i thought was there to prevent the bottom from getting scuffed). I was referring to that horrid metal growth that protrudes from the neck.  Or, what some might refer to as a strap button,rofl.

holly

Holly,

LOL! I love your description! You made my morning!

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1002 on: December 14, 2008, 02:16:24 PM »

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean the one on the bottom (which for ages i thought was there to prevent the bottom from getting scuffed). I was referring to that horrid metal growth that protrudes from the neck.  Or, what some might refer to as a strap button,rofl.

holly
I take it you don't play standing up much which is cool. If you stand the growth makes guitar set much better and doesn't pull on the neck and is out of the way.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1003 on: December 14, 2008, 02:22:52 PM »

Yeah, I know, but it really bothers me an an aesthetic level. That was really obvious, huh?

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1004 on: December 14, 2008, 02:27:20 PM »

Yeah, I know, but it really bothers me an an aesthetic level. That was really obvious, huh?

holly

Just slightly Holly! LOL

BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1005 on: December 14, 2008, 03:33:34 PM »

This thread is now over 1000 replies and 7000 views.  That's insane!!  Me thinks the result is gonna be fairly special though.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #1006 on: December 14, 2008, 03:54:46 PM »

This thread is now over 1000 replies and 7000 views.  That's insane!!  Me thinks the result is gonna be fairly special though.

I think it is called "fever pitched."

My habit is to read all interesting threads from the search for unread posts, come back and check mark all others as read, and then click the search again for good measure. I can't tell you how many times there were already new posts in this topic I had just finished reading!

In contrast the last few days since ordering commenced (commenced is a good British word, what?) the pace has slowed to a near crawl. Not to say there aren't still some comments in the "not to be missed" category.

We do all understand that we laugh best WITH friends and not AT them, right? Holly's "that horrid metal growth that protrudes from the neck" had me nearly spill my cup of coffee on the laptop keyboard. Holly, you should be a writer, you have a most wonderful way with words.

Norman

Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #1007 on: December 14, 2008, 04:34:24 PM »

All right gang...

I was down at Long & McQuade yesterday afternoon in downtown Toronto and had a chance to play around with a whole bunch of Larry models.  Obviously they didn't have a LS-03 to play but I spent some time playing a really nice L-03MT.  Long story short....

I'm in for an ALL HOG Forum III.  Not sure what it is about all hog...but it was love at first sight.  Only issue is I'm going to have to sell my D-03 and my Go travel guitar if I hope to avoid the "doghouse guitar" syndrome.

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #1008 on: December 14, 2008, 04:45:17 PM »

Welcome to the madhouse, Jordan. 

I hope to see a lot more posts from you. Sad to hear you'll have to part with another Larrivee to make room for this one.

Some of you Canadians should post a White Christmas photo for us Texans. It is 70 degrees Fahrenheit here today.

Norman

Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1009 on: December 14, 2008, 05:17:30 PM »

All right gang...

I was down at Long & McQuade yesterday afternoon in downtown Toronto and had a chance to play around with a whole bunch of Larry models.  Obviously they didn't have a LS-03 to play but I spent some time playing a really nice L-03MT.  Long story short....

I'm in for an ALL HOG Forum III.  Not sure what it is about all hog...but it was love at first sight.  Only issue is I'm going to have to sell my D-03 and my Go travel guitar if I hope to avoid the "doghouse guitar" syndrome.

Jordan.

great jordan, the more the merrier - you obviously looked in here at the right time.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #1010 on: December 14, 2008, 05:39:14 PM »

All right gang...

Jordan.

Welcome Jordan.    Good man.    Go "hog wild" with this thing.   I don't think you'll be sorry.

Tuffythepug
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1011 on: December 14, 2008, 07:23:14 PM »

Has anyone told Jordan he needs to call Jim?

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1012 on: December 14, 2008, 07:47:47 PM »

His name is also on the order list, so I assume he must have read the instructions that are at the start of that thread.  Is the list from the order thread not to be sent to JH for 2nd January as a cross check to make sure everyone is in who is meant to be?  That was my understanding.

Anyway, I am sure your post will be enough to remind him!!!

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #1013 on: December 14, 2008, 09:05:43 PM »

Not to worry.  I will call Jim on Monday and sort out the deposit.  I think everyone has until the end of the month to do so.

I've been lurking for the last couple of weeks and I read through all 1000 of your notes (I can't believe I read a 1000 notes  drool).  I figure the Forum guitars are really special and a LS body guitar is impossible to find.  My understanding is that Larrivee only made about 100 or so LS-05 guitars and not that many more more LS-09 guitars.  All of these were 14 fret guitars.  The 12 fret versions are non-existent except for some older classical versions.  I can replace my D-03 at any point but the LS-03 forum guitar is going to be special.  Also...if all of ya buy the IS/RS or IS/Hog version, my all hog version might be only 1 of 4 or 5 in existence.  Thats really cool.  The other thing is that I love playing fingerstyle.  Thanks to all for making this happen.

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1014 on: December 14, 2008, 09:17:34 PM »

Jordan, thanks for the comments.  I actually hadn't thought about the fact that these might well be the only ever run of LS 12 fret steel string guitars.  Quite a thought really.  I am even more excited that I ws before. 

Thank you.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1015 on: December 14, 2008, 09:22:42 PM »

Jordan, thanks for the comments.  I actually hadn't thought about the fact that these might well be the only ever run of LS 12 fret steel string guitars.  Quite a thought really.  I am even more excited that I ws before. 

Thank you.
So do you ignore my posts? 

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1016 on: December 14, 2008, 09:30:18 PM »

So do you ignore my posts? 

sorry Danny, not intentionally! I knew it was a discontinued model, but missed you saying a 12 fret version was never made.  To be fair it is easier keeping up to speed with comments now there are not 7 new pages a day to read through!!

Forgive me, I don't really know much about guitars, but I am learning!!!

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1017 on: December 14, 2008, 09:38:26 PM »

sorry Danny, not intentionally! I knew it was a discontinued model, but missed you saying a 12 fret version was never made.  To be fair it is easier keeping up to speed with comments now there are not 7 new pages a day to read through!!

Forgive me, I don't really know much about guitars, but I am learning!!!
Ben I am kidding with you...Randy is the one who pointed out the older 12 fret model that he has.          Please be assured I am joking.       Danny

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1018 on: December 14, 2008, 10:05:59 PM »

welcome Jordan,

I must confess, I admire anyone who would read through... what is it now?  1000 posts... or is it more than that?

There's a few hog fans around here.   I'm sticking to the Jean Larrivee original recipe, but I sure am soooooo tempted to try the other all-hog flavor.

Thanks for pointing out the fact that this will be a limited edition and not too many like it will ever be made.

I hope your comment will be enough incentive for others to jump in and firm up their commitment.

Oh yeah... it's deep freeze weather in Edmonton... my old 1980 beater car ignition switch wouldn't even turn it's so CcccOOOOooooLD.

Here's some    for a warm welcome!

ricky
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1019 on: December 14, 2008, 10:22:57 PM »

Welcome to the madhouse, Jordan. 

I hope to see a lot more posts from you. Sad to hear you'll have to part with another Larrivee to make room for this one.

Some of you Canadians should post a White Christmas photo for us Texans. It is 70 degrees Fahrenheit here today.

Norman

Norman,

Some of us Canadians are currently living with rain, not snow  :P

Pages: 1 ... 50 [51] 52 ... 119   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: