Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breaking news... well sort of... I can't believe this happened.....

I woke up this morning, put on my slippers and went to the kitchen for break fast..  and my wife calls me up from the basement, and yells my name... So I walk down the stairs.. and the basement is flooded...

Yes.. the hot water tank exploded... and yes, I got a brand new hot water tank in my basement... So I am $987.95 short this morning... and guess where did the money come from??

that freaking money was my guitar fund...................  :crying:

I can't believe this happened TODAY.. why couldn't it have happened like 4 months later.....?? for the past two weeks.. I have been so excited.. and could not wait for this day.. to put my order in for the forum guitar..

It seems like I won't be able to join you guys on the Forum III wagon.. It is heartbreaking...

I hope y'all enjoy your guitars...
Jeffrey

Quote from: es-335 on December 12, 2008, 11:34:18 AM
I woke up this morning, put on my slippers and went to the kitchen for break fast..  and my wife calls me up from the basement, and yells my name... So I walk down the stairs.. and the basement is flooded...

Oh the joys of home ownership.....sorry that happened...and its twice as bad when it steals your dreams.....but don't fret too much...like every other guitar that sells....one of these will end up on the used market....someday you may still get one!  This may not be the right tome for yours.

good luck on the clean up.
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Breaking news... well sort of... I can't believe this happened.....

Yes.. the hot water tank exploded... and yes, I got a brand new hot water tank in my basement... So I am $987.95 short this morning... and guess where did the money come from??

that freaking money was my guitar fund...................  :crying:

I can't believe this happened TODAY.. why couldn't it have happened like 4 months later.....?? for the past two weeks.. I have been so excited.. and could not wait for this day.. to put my order in for the forum guitar..

It seems like I won't be able to join you guys on the Forum III wagon.. It is heartbreaking...

That sucks so bad Jeff!  Sorry.

If it is any cosolation, and I am sure it won't be, When I set out to buy my first proper guitar, and learn to play the thing properly, I ordered a Lowden from the custom shop, worth £2800 ($5000 at the time), and waited two and a half months of the three month build time before my boiler broke, and I had to cancel the order.  It appeared on the dealer's website 10 days later for sale, and was simply breathtaking, Claro Walnut and Adirondack Spruce.

If this had not have happened, I wouldn't have discovered the magic of Larrivee, or all of you folks on this forum.

Maybe every cloud does have a silver lining.

FWIW, thank you for all our help making this happen.   
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Final SPECS and ordering information are posted at: http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=24123

Thanks to Ricky and Jim Holler and others like Jeff  :crying:  and Bluesman for their hours of hard work on this.

The way I see it, the only open question is whether or not a strap button(s) is included.

I will ask Zach to send out a broadcast pointing to the above forum thread as soon as he can.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

I apologize if this was already covered but I don't see the bridge type in the specs.  Will it be the pyramid bridge w/ the wider spacing or the regular Larrivee bridge?  Thanks in advance.

Quote from: noyage on December 12, 2008, 12:45:55 PM
I apologize if this was already covered but I don't see the bridge type in the specs.  Will it be the pyramid bridge w/ the wider spacing or the regular Larrivee bridge?  Thanks in advance.

Regular bridge..
Jeffrey

Sorry to hear about that Jeff. That is one very expensive hot water tank.
Like Dotneck says there will be one in the for sale section sometime in the future, and you might even get it cheaper.
You never know, something might happen and you might be able to order after all. Say your prayers.

Good luck to you my friend,
Roger
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

The roll-up of names in the order thread has been posted at: http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=24123.0

There are 10-RW/IS, 9-Hog/IS, 3-Hog/Hog,   Total 22 (editted)

The list will be given to Jim Holler to cross check, but the orders placed with Jim will be over riding anything posted here.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Very nice work Randy, thanks for all the time you spent on this project.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Nice work indeed!  This is very exciting stuff.

(Hey, I just hit Senior Member status!  :nanadance  And, yes I do have a life....thank you very much   :laughin:)

Indeed Randy, thank you for helping to make this happen.  I can't believe the total is now 24 including Jim's orders.

Ben
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Jeff, check your PM for personal condolences. I feel like a fallen comrade is being left on the beach.

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

It was originally asked if the guitars could be direct ship to the Canadians as the guitar is being made in Canada. When I spoke to Jim yesterday he said he would ask Mr. Larrivee. Personally, I doubt it will happen, but it will be a whole lot easier if it does. Then again, I would really like to meet Jim and I plan on picking mine up if we can't arrange direct ship.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

I just noticed that Jim is in Jamestown, NY which is only about 50 miles south of Buffalo, NY.  For those Canadians in Toronto, this is only a couple of hour drive south.  Might make more sense to drive down for the day to get the guitars in person vs. shipping over the border. 

The guitar has a "Made in Canada" label so there are no duties.  Only issue is the sales tax.  You could probably argue with the customs guy that you brought the guitar from home to get serviced by Jim and point to the Made in Canada label as proof.

Just a thought...

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

When you cross the US border.. do they check you trunk??

If not..(I know it's illegal..) could you just sneak it in??
Jeffrey

Quote from: es-335 on December 12, 2008, 03:15:11 PM
When you cross the US border.. do they check you trunk??

If not..(I know it's illegal..) could you just sneak it in??

Now I'm not telling you to do this, but if I have to go to get mine from Jim, it's coming back in my trunk. People sneak stuff into the country all the time, including guitars. Again, I'm not telling you to do this.

I would sneak it in..

I am sick and tired of paying for taxes...
Jeffrey

Quote from: es-335 on December 12, 2008, 03:24:43 PM
I would sneak it in..

I am sick and tired of paying for taxes...

ABSOLUTELY!

Jeff... I stayed away the whole day from the Forum. In fact, I have not been following this thread, except for whatever last page shows up on my screen.

I ache to read about this... uuuugggghhhh !!!

Man.....!!!   I'm....lost for words and only wish something could be done about your situation.

Somehow, the "enjoy" part would not be the same... you worked so hard on this!

I'll shut up now...   I'm so sorry to hear about this.

ricky

Jeff,

I just realized that I missed your post earlier. CRAP. It must be the friggen full moon!

Remember, you have a few months to save your pennies? Any possibility you might be getting a bonus or any Christmas money? How about a tax return?

So sorry,

Lynda