Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: rpm60912 on December 11, 2008, 07:22:11 PM
Keep looking at SPECS... just modified it again... only adding stuff as I remember and others point out.

Randy, Jim and I are finally in sync email-wise.

Culprit... was my hotmail address in the MSN thingy in the Profile

But my EMAIL in my profile is  gmail.

ricky

Thanks Ricky.

I've updated the Specs and Orders thread. Hopefully we'll have all questions answered by Friday.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

This is probably a REALLY stupid time to be asking this, but what does the LS acronym stand for. I know what an L is, but not an LS.

Thanks,
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Small (I think)
Randy R., Georgia, USA

Makes sense. Thanks.

Quote from: Randy_R on December 11, 2008, 07:32:16 PM
Small (I think)
LSmall body.... Which leads to a ? What are the bouts, waist and length of the body and the neck going to be? We know it is supposed to be 4'' at the end pin. But what about the others?

The specs were posted many pages ago by Mary.

Quote from: lyric_girl on December 11, 2008, 07:36:43 PM
The specs were posted many pages ago by Mary.
Thanks, but Mary is not building the guitar and I have had them come in different sizes already, so I like to nail it down. You must have seen some of my posts about my 2 different LSV-11's. Frankly that is why I pushed this LS-03 from the start. I actually wanted a LSV-03 at first. But I went along in any way I could to see this happen.
                         And now it is!
                                               AND I AM HAPPY  :thumbsup

Quote from: dependan on December 11, 2008, 07:48:09 PM
               Thanks, but Mary is not building the guitar and I have had them come in different sizes already, so I like to nail it down. You must have seen some of my posts about my 2 different LSV-11's. Frankly that is why I pushed this LS-03 from the start. I actually wanted a LSV-03 at first. But I went along in any way I could to see this happen.
                         And now it is!
                                               AND I AM HAPPY  :thumbsup

Whatever!

we'll have the exact body specs on Friday.
Randy R., Georgia, USA

THANKS, I figure the neck may be different.

Quote from: strawintogold on December 11, 2008, 07:04:09 PM
You forgot mine is supposed to be stuffed with cash. Not those Canadian dollars niether.

holly

Pesos okay? ricky

I think there may be some stiff competition for April 2009 Guitar of the Month.  I am going to arrange to have mne shipped to Scotland via Spain, so that Ponte can snap it for me!!! :humour:
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Wow...a 12 fret LS-03...sweet!  Congrats to all of you!!  If I had some $, I'd buy a hog/is.  They're gonna be some nice guitars!!!!

New member here who is thinking of taking the plunge.  Two questions....

1)  I live in Toronto, Canada.  The guitar is being manufactured in Vancouver, Canada.  Any chance the guitar can be directly shipped to my Toronto home from the factory vs. going to Jim in the USA and then back over the border?  As soon as you have to ship back and forth over the Canada-USA border you risk offending the government customs/sales tax gods.  It seems easier/cheaper to ship to Canada directly from the factory.  Is this possible?

2)  I've got a D-03 spruce/hog right now.  How will this compare.  I mostly play folk, finger style stuff.

3)  Can someone (Ricky) email me the estimated price?  (jordan dot kalpin at bell dot ca)  I'm potentially interested in a IS/RW combo. 

Btw...great discussion here and what a great bunch of folks!

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

Jordan,

The Canadian shipping issue is being looked into.

Quote from: Jagadis on December 12, 2008, 07:16:55 AM

1)  I live in Toronto, Canada.  The guitar is being manufactured in Vancouver, Canada.  Any chance the guitar can be directly shipped to my Toronto home from the factory vs. going to Jim in the USA and then back over the border?  As soon as you have to ship back and forth over the Canada-USA border you risk offending the government customs/sales tax gods.  It seems easier/cheaper to ship to Canada directly from the factory.  Is this possible?

2)  I've got a D-03 spruce/hog right now.  How will this compare.  I mostly play folk, finger style stuff.

3)  Can someone (Ricky) email me the estimated price?  (jordan dot kalpin at bell dot ca)  I'm potentially interested in a IS/RW combo. 

Jordan.

Jordan, welcome to the forum.  A IS/RW of one of these will be a real nice compliment to your D-03 and excellent for your style of play.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Quote from: Jagadis on December 12, 2008, 07:16:55 AM

Jordan.

There is a couple of us in this boat Jordan, I'm in Toronto as well. It would be great to pay the right sales tax once and then leave it at that.

Cheers,

Adam
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

I'm sure the guitar has to go through a dealer, but it may be possible to go through a Canadian dealer??
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on December 12, 2008, 08:38:49 AM
I'm sure the guitar has to go through a dealer, but it may be possible to go through a Canadian dealer??

We don't want to rob Jim of sales since he stepped up. I think you are suggesting that it be delivered to somebody like the 12th Fret for pickup. What would be the benefit to the 12th Fret? They might do it out of the kindness of their hearts or for repeat customers like myself (bought my OM-03R and D-60 MR there) but they are WALL-TO-WALL with guitars that they are actually trying to sell. I don't buy the idea that any store owner is going to act as a waystation for us.
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

Quote from: limnephilidae on December 12, 2008, 08:43:43 AM
We don't want to rob Jim of sales since he stepped up. I think you are suggesting that it be delivered to somebody like the 12th Fret for pickup. What would be the benefit to the 12th Fret? They might do it out of the kindness of their hearts or for repeat customers like myself (bought my OM-03R and D-60 MR there) but they are WALL-TO-WALL with guitars that they are actually trying to sell. I don't buy the idea that any store owner is going to act as a waystation for us.

:wave
It was just a thought, I'm pretty sure Larrivee will not send it direct.
I just ordered mine.........#14
:nana_guitar
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"