Pages: 1 ... 44 [45] 46 ... 119   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar discussion  (Read 201845 times)
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #880 on: December 11, 2008, 11:43:52 PM »

So we do we contact Jim now or not?

Jim's taking orders now...  read my previous post quoting Jim.

2 weeks minimum... longer if need be.   It's important to reach the MINIMUM 16... better if we receive beyond 16 of course!

ricky
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #881 on: December 11, 2008, 11:48:10 PM »

Assuming the official ordering period were to begin now, when should we cut it off? 2 weeks, 4 weeks?

I will post ordering info in the locked thread about the specs.

I think four weeks, that will get some people past Christmas. Unless some can't wait an extra two weeks, I know some of you would like to get the Forum guitar "for" Christmas. 

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #882 on: December 11, 2008, 11:49:10 PM »

this has been a blast folks. 20 or so adults as excited and manic as 7 year olds on Christmas morning

Happy days

Ben

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #883 on: December 11, 2008, 11:54:06 PM »

this has been a blast folks. 20 or so adults as excited and manic as 7 year olds on Christmas morning

Happy days

Ben

Where's my spiked egg nog ?? ....   

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
TimButterfield

Ignore
« Reply #884 on: December 12, 2008, 12:10:16 AM »

Assuming the official ordering period were to begin now, when should we cut it off? 2 weeks, 4 weeks?
I remember reading that there would be a forum broadcast email to make sure all members were informed of the group purchase.  I would think that allowing one week after that broadcast email should be sufficient time for any orders to be sent in.

Tim

2000 Larrivée OM-10
2007 Larrivée P-09 QM (Quilted Maple)
2008 Pavan TP-30 (RW/Cedar)
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: December 12, 2008, 12:13:37 AM »

I remember reading that there would be a forum broadcast email to make sure all members were informed of the group purchase.  I would think that allowing one week after that broadcast email should be sufficient time for any orders to be sent in.

Tim

There are still a few questions that I'd like to nail down before we send out the broadcast. Hopefully I can ask Zach to do the broadcast Friday.

And i want feedback from Jim Holler on the cut-off date.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: December 12, 2008, 12:16:21 AM »

There are still a few questions that I'd like to nail down before we send out the broadcast. Hopefully I can ask Zach to do the broadcast Friday.

Thanks for your help Randy.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: December 12, 2008, 12:22:03 AM »

Lynda,

What did Jim have to say about CDN shipping?

Or are you planning to drive a cube van down and pick them all up?

Cheers

He said he was gonna try.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
TimButterfield

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: December 12, 2008, 12:29:39 AM »

I completely understand.  Since you were asking about possible cut-off dates, I was just suggesting that (whatever the cut-off date is), it should be in relation to that broadcast email (whenever that email is sent).

Tim

2000 Larrivée OM-10
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: December 12, 2008, 12:41:58 AM »

Where's my spiked egg nog ?? ....  

I have the egg nog, now all I need is some rum.

rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: December 12, 2008, 12:52:03 AM »

Every BUYER of Forum Git III - please review the following specs. Unless I miss anything, I'll submit this to Jim Holler ( I already PMed this to Randy).  Thanks, ricky

The Forum Guitar III is your opportunity to own an out-of-production Larrivee guitar.

It is a LS-03 steel 6-string guitar with the following features:

NON-cutaway
4” depth based on the first edition LS bodies of the late 1990s.
12 Fret to the body
Regular Scale
1 ¾” nut width
Satin Finish

No fretboard markers except Tuffy’s 3 Dots on the 12th Fret (dots on neck edge binding)
Other standard 03 appointments (maple binding, headstock, tuners, logo)
Label: 2009 Forum Guitar III (hopefully, signed by JCL)
OHSC with DETACHED tortoise pickguard (Jim will install only IF requested)

Free Shipping within ConUS.

RATIONALE:
In keeping with our economic situation, Forumites desire a reasonably priced low-bling guitar that offers Larrivee sound and quality suitable for the fingerstylist, moderate strummer or the player desiring a comfortable guitar that is both a looker and a player.

You only have 3 choices to make. All you have to do is choose any or all of the following:

(1) LS-03 Italian Spruce / South American Mahogany

(2) LS-03MT ALL South American Mahogany (Top, Back & Sides)

(3) LS-03R Italian Spruce / Indian Rosewood

Now that Herringbone rosette is final decision, there will be additional $50 to price which is still well south of 1200 USD.

ricky
TimButterfield

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: December 12, 2008, 12:56:14 AM »

No fretboard markers except Tuffy’s 3 Dots on the 12th Fret
and the edge binding markers.

There seems to have been some confusion on this before.

Tim

2000 Larrivée OM-10
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #892 on: December 12, 2008, 01:01:17 AM »

Thanks Ricky, but we still need pricing and spec info. to come forth. I know what has already been posted so I am not hesitant to proceed but some will be until these issues are cleared up.
    I think it is a given that the rosette should be H-bone. So that's one less thing to resolve. But we still have some solid facts missing.
    I guess we need Jim Holler to give us the specs and get the ordering done. But that is a mess at this point. We have an ordering thread and we are told to contact Jim. So we are not at the finish line yet. But we can see it.
                                    Danny  

rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: December 12, 2008, 01:01:29 AM »

and the edge binding markers.

There seems to have been some confusion on this before.

Tim

Tim, thanks. I knew I may have forgotten something. I'll add that and the MAPLE BINDING on the body.

ricky
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #894 on: December 12, 2008, 01:04:09 AM »

You forgot mine is supposed to be stuffed with cash. Not those Canadian dollars niether.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: December 12, 2008, 01:05:06 AM »

Thanks Ricky, but we still need pricing and spec info. to come forth. I know what has already been posted so I am not hesitant to proceed but some will be until these issues are cleared up.
    I think it is a given that the rosette should be H-bone. So that's one less thing to resolve. But we still have some solid facts missing.
    I guess we need Jim Holler to give us the specs and get the ordering done. But that is a mess at this point. We have an ordering thread and we are told to contact Jim. So we are not at the finish line yet. But we can see it.
                                    Danny  

Please email/PM Ricky.

tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #896 on: December 12, 2008, 01:14:15 AM »

Danny  

Hey Danny
The price is available with a phone call to Jim.  I called him today to get a price and to ask about a L-03 SP with herringbone rosette he has on his site.  I was curious about the rosette without the matching purfling.  I thought it might look funny but it doesn't.  He told me he had already taken two orders before I called and he told me I could go ahead and place my order now too.  I gave him a cc number and the deal was done.  the only thing that had yet to be decided was the rosette and I see that it is now official:  herringbone it is.    I know Jim doesn't mind giving out the prices and taking the orders.   For what it's worth.... I was very pleased with the price he quoted me for a hog top including a bone saddle he is throwing in and shipping.  It ended up less than I expected.   Get yer order in !  the herringbone on the IS is going to look very cool I think.

Tuffythepug
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: December 12, 2008, 01:22:11 AM »

Keep looking at SPECS... just modified it again... only adding stuff as I remember and others point out.

Randy, Jim and I are finally in sync email-wise.

Culprit... was my hotmail address in the MSN thingy in the Profile

But my EMAIL in my profile is  gmail.

ricky
TimButterfield

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: December 12, 2008, 01:27:28 AM »

Keep looking at SPECS... just modified it again... only adding stuff as I remember and others point out.

Randy, Jim and I are finally in sync email-wise.

Culprit... was my hotmail address in the MSN thingy in the Profile

But my EMAIL in my profile is  gmail.

ricky
Just click the 'Profile' button at the top and then click 'Account related settings' under 'Modify Profile' on the left.  The form on the right will have an email address field.

Tim

2000 Larrivée OM-10
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #899 on: December 12, 2008, 01:28:42 AM »

Hey Danny
The price is available with a phone call to Jim.  I called him today to get a price and to ask about a L-03 SP with herringbone rosette he has on his site.  I was curious about the rosette without the matching purfling.  I thought it might look funny but it doesn't.  He told me he had already taken two orders before I called and he told me I could go ahead and place my order now too.  I gave him a cc number and the deal was done.  the only thing that had yet to be decided was the rosette and I see that it is now official:  herringbone it is.    I know Jim doesn't mind giving out the prices and taking the orders.   For what it's worth.... I was very pleased with the price he quoted me for a hog top including a bone saddle he is throwing in and shipping.  It ended up less than I expected.   Get yer order in !  the herringbone on the IS is going to look very cool I think.

Tuffythepug

Check your PM's

Pages: 1 ... 44 [45] 46 ... 119   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: