Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I started at the beginning again, but lost the will to live after about 10 pages.  I wonder if anyone can tell me when the first and seconf forum guitars were built.  I assume four or five years ago.

Thanks

ben
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

The first batch was delivered in January of '05.
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

I believe the first batch were in 2003 ??? Randy ??

The second batch were delivered April of 2005.  Here is the spec sheet I posted for that run

leaving the great white north

home at last

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor

#9  :nanadance

Keep those orders rolling in!

Norman

Yes, I know this is a redundant post in a very long thread, but I can't jump and shout to anyone else but my dog right now.
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

Quote from: LookingForLarri on December 11, 2008, 03:27:11 PM
I believe the first batch were in 2003 ??? Randy ??

The second batch were delivered April of 2005.  Here is the spec sheet I posted for that run

The first batch was delivered in January of the same year (2005).
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

I'm waiting to order until after the rosette issue is settled. I'm not a big herringbone fan, and am not thrilled about paying extra for it...

Please do not contact Jim Holler at this time, until the order is finallized. Jim says he is getting lots of email, which he will answer once the specs are finallized by this group.

The orders should be put together here. Thanks. Once thats done, if you want to pay Jim extra for a special saddle, or setup, or electronics, please do so at that time.

If I'm missing some fine point, please PM me.
Randy R., Georgia, USA

Quote from: Randy_R on December 11, 2008, 04:06:30 PM
The first batch was delivered in January of the same year (2005).

There's an echo in here...
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: Randy_R on December 11, 2008, 04:47:34 PM
Please do not contact Jim Holler at this time, until the order is finallized. Jim says he is getting lots of email, which he will answer once the specs are finallized by this group. The orders should be put together here. Thanks. Once thats done, if you want to pay Jim extra for a special saddle, or setup, or electronics, please do so at that time.

If I'm missing some fine point, please PM me.

ps. sorry for raining on the parade. 

Jim includes a bone saddle and set up with the guitar, that is what he told me when I placed my order.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Also...it looks like the final price is determined, as are the final specs.  On the herringbone poll, 19 buyers have voted and 14 voted for herringbone.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

I missed the boat then, because what I got was an estimate. Do you have some info I don't? How is it that you know everyone has voted?

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: strawintogold on December 11, 2008, 04:53:51 PM
I missed the boat then, because what I got was an estimate. Do you have some info I don't? How is it that you know everyone has voted?

holly
And how do you know the final price?
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

I don't. I got the same estimate that I assume everyone did, from Ricky.  If I still have it I can PM  it to you.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Holly,

I don't know everyone has voted but enough have so that the outcome is determined.  We had 19 buyers and that has grown to 20.  75% of them want herringbone.  Even if we get a total of 35 buyers it will still be herringbone unless each person wants plain, that would be a tie.

We have an estimate price because only Jim can give you exact.  Mine is on order with Jim.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

sorry if I jumped the gun. It seemed to make sense to go direct to jim. Hysteria got the better of me. It's done now.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Folks....

I PMed Randy with this...   hope this clears up things. BTW, safe to assume unresolved rosette issue is not a deal breaker for those who already ordered. H-bone leading.

ricky

JIM's EMAIL TO ME:

Ricky, ...  I have not had a chance to get to the forum today. I do not see any issue with people calling to order. I am telling them the price with and without Herringbone and everyone that has called will take it either way. I am telling them that I will not run the credit cards for a deposit until I know about the rosette.  There are 11 confirmed orders including yours and mine so far.
Thank you
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars

Assuming the official ordering period were to begin now, when should we cut it off? 2 weeks, 4 weeks?

I will post ordering info in the locked thread about the specs.
Randy R., Georgia, USA

I believe that calling Jim appears to be the safest bet, period! The Mods and post starters are all getting confused, and only Jim can confirm he truly has your correct order.  Not stirring any trouble, just after 3  Topics and almost 50 pages of confusion, its very hard to follow with all the changes..
Greg

Larrivée L-05 Red Spruce Top
DeArmond M-68 Moon Blue
Fender Bullet S-2 Sunburst
Fender Telecaster Thinline
Peavey Predator

Quote from: Randy_R on December 11, 2008, 05:31:24 PM
Assuming the official ordering period were to begin now, when should we cut it off? 2 weeks, 4 weeks?

I will post ordering info in the locked thread about the specs.

So we do we contact Jim now or not?