Pages: 1 ... 40 [41] 42 ... 119   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar discussion  (Read 201622 times)
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #800 on: December 10, 2008, 11:55:12 PM »

Yes, kudos to Ricky and the gang for their diligent efforts!!!

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #801 on: December 11, 2008, 12:13:22 AM »

pickguards can be made available for those who request it DETACHED and Jim will gladly install it.

ricky

Good to know. As I am still new at this, I will be going the pickguard route. Do we need to specify that we require one in the order thread?

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #802 on: December 11, 2008, 12:14:24 AM »

Hey Tuffy,

I think that you and I deserve a commission for bringing other people in on this.   

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #803 on: December 11, 2008, 12:16:27 AM »

Good to know. As I am still new at this, I will be going the pickguard route. Do we need to specify that we require one in the order thread?
                         I feel very certain that a P.G. will be included in the case.

Tuffy and Norman  +1 to letting JCL do his stuff. I don't mind a little surprise myself.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #804 on: December 11, 2008, 12:25:00 AM »

Hey Tuffy,

I think that you and I deserve a commission for bringing other people in on this.   

Hey girl
If there was such a thing as commission there are plenty of more deserving than I.    I wouldn't mine lettin' you have my share.    I struck it rich in the spare change and alum can recycling game, remember ?

Tuiffythepug
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #805 on: December 11, 2008, 01:10:47 AM »

Hey Tuffy,

In that case, may I have my guitar pro bono?   

Is this another one of those... when cows fly?  Okay, I'll shut up now.

ricky 
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #806 on: December 11, 2008, 01:25:11 AM »

In that case, may I have my guitar pro bono?   

Is this another one of those... when cows fly?  Okay, I'll shut up now.

ricky 

Hey, my friend did put his order in here today. However, yes, this is likely another of those... when cows fly.

es-335

Ignore
« Reply #807 on: December 11, 2008, 01:29:48 AM »

Okay, here is a situation.

2 People in the order thread has said, they would like a 12 string option..

Is that even possible?

I didn't think so.. but I guess I don't really know much...

Jeffrey

rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #808 on: December 11, 2008, 01:40:17 AM »

2 People in the order thread has said, they would like a 12 string option..

Short answer: NO

Long answer: Someone PMed me about a short scale special order. There were even 3 persons. Answer: NO

I guess, we're pretty fortunate to have not 1, not 2 but a total of 3 tonewood choices....

other than that, it's all LS-03 specs with 4" depth plus hopefully some yummy surprises from the maestro himself - JCL.

ricky
BlastersFan55

Ignore
« Reply #809 on: December 11, 2008, 01:43:50 AM »

Also, after further scrolling through the threads, I think I see that 16 was the limit (I think)?.     If that's the case, my apologies for throwing in my order at #17 or 18 - my eyeballs were just about to fall out of my head reading the history of this great idea.

I thought 16 was the minimum.  Hey, if anybody drops out, Im' in!  And...thanks again for everybody's  work on this.
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #810 on: December 11, 2008, 01:45:32 AM »

Also, after further scrolling through the threads, I think I see that 16 was the limit (I think)?.     If that's the case, my apologies for throwing in my order at #17 or 18 - my eyeballs were just about to fall out of my head reading the history of this great idea.

I thought 16 was the minimum.  Hey, if anybody drops out, Im' in!  And...thanks again for everybody's  work on this.

16 was the minimum that we needed, not the maximum...so you're fine

tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #811 on: December 11, 2008, 01:51:52 AM »

I don't think there is an upper limit on this forum III order. In fact I'm sure JCL would love to build as many as we want as long as the minimum of 16 is met.
Re:   12 string option....when I read this on the forum guitar order thread I thought that someone was making a joke.  If you've gotten inquiries from others about a 12 string option they just must not be paying attention.  In fact I still can't believe that some people think this is a steel string instead of a nylon classical guitar.
Honestly.....some people just don't pay attention at all.   whistling

Tuffythepug
BlastersFan55

Ignore
« Reply #812 on: December 11, 2008, 01:52:00 AM »

Wonderful.....thanks!!   
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #813 on: December 11, 2008, 02:07:10 AM »

it may be helpul to reiterate that the specs have been settled on, on the order thread. It may be the confusion is that it's a 'what would you like?' Which was what this Goliath of a thread was.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: December 11, 2008, 02:15:57 AM »

Thanks Holly,

I'll get on it

Jeffrey

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #815 on: December 11, 2008, 02:19:09 AM »

Ricky, as soon as we get the final specs can we turn this over to the Moderators and just make it an order forum.
                                   Take it or leave it kind a deal....so we can end the endless confusion.

lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #816 on: December 11, 2008, 02:25:25 AM »

Ricky, as soon as we get the final specs can we turn this over to the Moderators and just make it an order forum.

Agreed and sooner than later please!

rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #817 on: December 11, 2008, 02:29:22 AM »

Hopefully tomorrow Thursday Dec 11.   When the Specs are finalized by Larrivee via Jim Holler, we shall post it & request the Moderators to close this thread.

For the record:

LS-03 is the Forum Git III, 12Fret to body, Reg Scale, 4" depth following first issue LS specs

Steel String, 1 size uniform specs with a choice of 3 tonewood combos.

No other options offered (no cutaways, no 12 strings, no short scale).

I hope this is clear enough.

Thanks,

ricky
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #818 on: December 11, 2008, 02:42:42 AM »

Hopefully tomorrow Thursday Dec 11.   When the Specs are finalized by Larrivee via Jim Holler, we shall post it & request the Moderators to close this thread.

For the record:

LS-03 is the Forum Git III, 12Fret to body, Reg Scale, 4" depth following first issue LS specs

Steel String, 1 size uniform specs with a choice of 3 tonewood combos.

No other options offered (no cutaways, no 12 strings, no short scale).

I hope this is clear enough.

Thanks,

ricky
Thanks Ricky, it is clear to most of us, but the knuckle balls keep coming  rolleye

Zohn
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: December 11, 2008, 08:00:40 AM »

Randy, Ricky
I've refrained from this topic all along, the price would probably be double for me if it is shipped from the States because of (ridiculous shipping charges).
I wonder though as a matter of (great) interest, in which facility will these be made - British Collumbia? If so, I might be "in" if it could be shipped directly to a friend's address in Calgary. I noticed that orders are placed via a dealer though, and would it be possible to go an "alternative" route to accommodate a special case?

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure
Pages: 1 ... 40 [41] 42 ... 119   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: