Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I think we should see how much upgraded tuners add before asking for them as a final spec. Nicer tunersd only run about $35 and up to self install and some don't change them at all. it's not something I'd be excited about paying more for if it's a lot more. Frankly, I'm just as happy with my $35 Gotoh Schaller as I'd be with the $100 Gotoh. Don't want to pony up for those.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

I actually like Larrivee's (paddle shaped head stock)....

I think we should actually consider the abalone since there are a few members wanting the abalone rosette
Jeffrey

Quote from: tuffythepug on December 10, 2008, 09:27:05 AM
Let's try to have faith that JCL will come up with something he can be proud of and that we can all live with.

Tuffythepug

While we are not following Parliamentary procedure here I second Tuffy's motion (which echoes my own from the first discussion thread.)

Jean Larrivee is a true artisan. I would much prefer to be a little surprised at the result of his creativity than to tie his hands and his heart.

I deeply respect the members of this forum. I am buying one of these partially because it represents our common love of these great guitars. But let there be no doubt that what I will treasure is the knowledge that JCL was willing (for the sake of 16) to create something special for us. How about let's leave it to him to put his mark on it for us?

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

Quote from: GeeNorm on December 10, 2008, 10:49:41 AM
While we are not following Parliamentary procedure here I second Tuffy's motion (which echoes my own from the first discussion thread.)

Jean Larrivee is a true artisan. I would much prefer to be a little surprised at the result of his creativity than to tie his hands and his heart.

I deeply respect the members of this forum. I am buying one of these partially because it represents our common love of these great guitars. But let there be no doubt that what I will treasure is the knowledge that JCL was willing (for the sake of 16) to create something special for us. How about let's leave it to him to put his mark on it for us?

Norman

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

I tried a few times to say something similar, but I couldn't put it so elequently so I gave up.  Well said indeed. :thumbsup
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Norman

Sounds good to me :)
Jeffrey

Three posts in a row that agree a single point!!!

RANDY, LOCK THE THREAD!!!!!!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

While we are not following Parliamentary procedure here I second Tuffy’s motion (which echoes my own from the first discussion thread.)

I deeply respect the members of this forum. I am buying one of these partially because it represents our common love of these great guitars. But let there be no doubt that what I will treasure is the knowledge that JCL was willing (for the sake of 16) to create something special for us. How about let’s leave it to him to put his mark on it for us?

Norman

Norman,

Beautifully said! I totally agree.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

:+1:

Very well said.  Let's give JCL some room to make some choices.
Scott

RS-2

Oh wow...I finally reached the end! And the thread isnt locked!
Congrats. to you all...I have a Spec. Ed. All Sapele OM w/abl. rosette.  This seems really similar, so I am once again passing on a Forum Guitar  :crying:
I do have to say, for those of you not sure on woods, Jean does mahog. brilliantly.  Now if this ends up with a spalted wood rosette, I'm gonna start losing hair-or selling it! 
Anybody seen a band of gypsies that I could sell a 14 yr. old son to?!    :humour:

Quote from: Blue in VT on December 10, 2008, 08:13:56 AM
Ricky....don't look to close...this will get your OM-05MT jucies flowing again...they are sweet!

Blue

Thanks for the torture  :humour:   Glad I don't have the money... or I'd a bought that OM-05MT... I would have too many guitars and that's not good.

I only like to keep 1 or 2 that I will play a lot... as in all the time. 
Since the OO came, the Taylor & others have not seen much action. Except the Ami is the beat-it-up guitar now.

ricky

Norman

Couldn't have said it any better for all of us... thanks Norman!  ricky

Not that it really matters, but if a choice is proposed then I really don't like the abalone rosette. Still, I agree that we should let the Larrivee family handle the niceties.

Cheers,
Adam
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

"we are not following Parliamentary procedure "

Let's hope not. That would mean no deciding anything for what, another 54 or so days? I for one, am just a little smug at finally seeing some Canadian political drama.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Has anyone thought about the pickguard issue.  A seperate thread reminded me.  Most people didn't want one, so should those that do specify that they want one, or can JH put them on?  I honestly don't know, just raising the question before it is too late.  It is easier to put one on than to take one off surely.

Ben
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

As the majority of my use will likely be without a pick, I would prefer my pickguard to be included, but not attached.

Tim
2000 Larrivée OM-10
2007 Larrivée P-09 QM (Quilted Maple)
2008 Pavan TP-30 (RW/Cedar)

I like the new pickguards they have been using...don't care for the clear. I like the in the case idea...ought to prevent some arguments. If the guitar comes without one I have a spare Greven Tortis in my junk drawer.....
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: BenF on December 10, 2008, 03:20:19 PM
Has anyone thought about the pickguard issue.  A seperate thread reminded me.  Most people didn't want one, so should those that do specify that they want one, or can JH put them on?  I honestly don't know, just raising the question before it is too late.  It is easier to put one on than to take one off surely.

Ben
pickguards can be made available for those who request it DETACHED and Jim will gladly install it.

ricky

Congratulations boys and girls..............the magic number of 16 orders has been reached on the form guitar order thread.   :cheers

I guess this is gonna happen.    I still have a hard time getting my head around the fact that this whole business started just a couple of weeks ago and we are at the order stage right now.
I guess if it wasn't for Ricky and a few other people steamrolling this along it wouldn't have happened at all.  The last attempt to get a new forum guitar off the ground failed miserably and died a very un-dignified death.
The right people at the right time made this happen; make no mistake about it.  If you are ordering a forum III say a silent thank you to all who made it a reality.    :thumb

Tuffythepug

Hey, Tuffy

are your friends from the lefty forum hopping on this wagon???
Jeffrey

es-335
they have expressed interest in it.   They are probably still wading through 40 pages of this thread. :bgrin:   I expect at least one of them to sign on.

Tuffythepug