Pages: 1 ... 35 [36] 37 ... 119   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar discussion  (Read 212640 times)
Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: December 09, 2008, 06:55:22 PM »

I don't begin to understand that sentance but I'll take a stab at it. Does that mean that once Jim gets the guitars we have to pony up 50 percent to secure one? PLEASE can someone clarify this?

I think that means put down 50% with the order and pay the balance when Jim has the guitars ready to ship. I don't think Jim wants to get stuck with a load of guitars in case somebody walks away mid-stream...

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: December 09, 2008, 06:55:58 PM »

Thanks dude....me too.  Things are looking....not quite as bleak on the job front....and a LS with hog and Ital spruce makes my mouth water.

Cheers,

Blue

It sure does, I wouldn't mind ordering 1 IS/RW and 1 IS/M.  rolleye

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: December 09, 2008, 06:59:03 PM »

I think that means put down 50% with the order and pay the balance when Jim has the guitars ready to ship. I don't think Jim wants to get stuck with a load of guitars in case somebody walks away mid-stream...

Well, if the order is around 16 and the deposit is non refundable and the remaining balance is $500 I'm not seeing the potential to be on the losing end in that scenario. How dissapointing, really.

Ricky, you can take me off the list. Frankly, even if I had $500 to put down, I find the requirement so irksome that I wouldn't.

holly (who really is going to go outside now)

EDITED to add: I'm not slagging Jim, I like him and in fact am buying a guitar fom him as we speak. He's been more than accamodating. I'm just mad and dissapointed and it makes me madder because things suck right now and then it's a wild runaway wagon of madness. It's not a right or wrong thing on the dealer's part. It's the pissiness of our current reality that sucks.

Although, people are starving, losing thier houses and so forth. I feel kind of lucky to be having a temper tantrum over a guitar. I think I'll go donate the $100 I set aside and feed somebody to make up for it.

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: December 09, 2008, 07:05:50 PM »

Order process.  1/2 deposit Balance when the guitars are here and ready to ship.

Skipping the profanity that first crossed my lips....

Um, WHAT?!?

I don't begin to understand that sentance but I'll take a stab at it. Does that mean that once Jim gets the guitars we have to pony up 50 percent to secure one? PLEASE can someone clarify this?

holly

EDITED: Please email me with price. Because I really need to see what 50 percent is and WHEN it is due..

Holly,

As soon as I read this & Jeff's reply to yours... I called Jim Holler right away.

I told him we're getting reactions already regarding the 50% deposit. I told him the standard deposit with most dealers is 25%.

So, the deposit is 25% of the git price.

I'll PM you the UNofficial price - as prices will not be finalized until (1) decision on Rosette Soundhole is known (2) Larrivee-Ricky is on the road - Jim is trying to contact him

Thanks,

ricky
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: December 09, 2008, 07:10:27 PM »

Thanks. Now I have 'mad hangover'. Any idea when the deposit would be due? I was really hoping this wouldn't go so fast,lol.

holly

ps. I'm still donating the first $100 because I feel like God is getting seriously ready to kick me in the -CENSORED-. Perspective....

"Needs more cowbell."

15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #705 on: December 09, 2008, 07:10:51 PM »

Ricky Thanks for all your work, I appreciate it.

I hope everything will get sorted out soon!

Welp.. I am off to go Christmas shopping...

I gotta use my days off usefully:)

Jeffrey

rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #706 on: December 09, 2008, 07:12:22 PM »

we're just south of 1100 for the RW and south of 1000 for Hogs.

That's what they sell for retail. Just how expensive is a rosette, fcol? Sorry to be snarky but I'm still staggering from the idea that a FIFTY percent deposit is required. An indiviual luthier doesn't reqire that for a custom guitar. I get that it's a special body, ok, but I also get that this is a nice order for a manufacturer. Unless they are so swamped with requests the business isn't appreciated.

I should stop posting now and go outside.

holly
UPDATE on DEPOSIT: 25%

Hope we can all cool down now...  
ricky
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #707 on: December 09, 2008, 07:14:22 PM »

Yeah, coffee and donuts, that's soothing, rofl.....  You think I'm nuts now....

Unless you've Xanaxed my coffee, which is fine. Really. After Xanax what isn't?

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #708 on: December 09, 2008, 07:16:15 PM »

UPDATE on DEPOSIT: 25%

Hope we can all cool down now...  
ricky

Now there's going to be a HUGE payment at the end to get the guitar. That's not fair!

BTW...is shipping included in the price?

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #709 on: December 09, 2008, 07:16:29 PM »

It sure does, I wouldn't mind ordering 1 IS/RW and 1 IS/M.  rolleye

Joseph,  is one hogtop enough for you ?  I thought you were headed for the MT on the forum III.   Just curious why the IS rather than the MT

Tuffythepug

Also,  a real big CONGRATULATIONS to Ricky for the GOTM.   The 00-09 is a beauty.

gotta go now.  It's gonna take me a while to roll up all my spare change.

T the P
Blue in VT
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #710 on: December 09, 2008, 07:20:39 PM »

Joseph,  is one hogtop enough for you ?  I thought you were headed for the MT on the forum III.   Just curious why the IS rather than the MT

Maybe he should get a Hog top w RW back and sides too....just to complete the set.... wacko.....hhmmmm has anyone ever made one like that?

"It's gonna take me a while to roll up all my spare change"

I hear ya bro....I'll be out looking for pennies on the street this afternoon....once the snow melts...

Blue

OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #711 on: December 09, 2008, 07:22:17 PM »

Well, we have about three months to come up with the balance right? So you could do well come Spring thaw.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #712 on: December 09, 2008, 07:22:29 PM »

Now there's going to be a HUGE payment at the end to get the guitar. That's not fair!

Apparently not.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #713 on: December 09, 2008, 07:23:57 PM »

I think a 50% deposit could be deal killer for some of us, particularly this close to Christmas.
As you know already... DEPOSIT UPDATE 25%

Thankfully, or I would be in the same boat as you!

ricky
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #714 on: December 09, 2008, 07:32:17 PM »

Why wouldn't shipping be included? I figured that's a given. I should stop 'figuring'. I'm intrigued to find out what the rosette will or won't be. I was thinking rinestones with battery powered laser lights? You know, something tasteful.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #715 on: December 09, 2008, 07:35:05 PM »

Nice one ricky, can you PM me the details of price please, just so I am clear.  Most importantly, what do you think the timescale is for the deposit.  You have done a fantastic job by the way, and certainly deserve guitar of the month with those shots!!!

Thank you.

Can't wait now!!

bigrin bigrin bigrin bigrin

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #716 on: December 09, 2008, 07:36:55 PM »

Why wouldn't shipping be included? I figured that's a given. I should stop 'figuring'. I'm intrigued to find out what the rosette will or won't be. I was thinking rinestones with battery powered laser lights? You know, something tasteful.

holly

Holly,

LOL

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #717 on: December 09, 2008, 07:43:08 PM »

Shipping is extra (but again that's not official). Dunno if Jim ever offers free shipping in ConUS.

Assume it's extra.

ricky

Although in my mind I'm (wishful) thinking, US residents pay shipping within ConUS and soften the blow to non-US residents: it would be sweet to not have to pay for shipping for a change... or even if we can just do free shipping to UK (no offense to Ben customs fees alone for him is 300 British Pounds... but there are some things we just take for granted... like affordable everything).
dhill

Ignore
« Reply #718 on: December 09, 2008, 07:46:51 PM »

I've bought several guitars from Jim. Shipping was usually included.
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #719 on: December 09, 2008, 07:47:51 PM »

Every dealer (I've heard of) offers free shipping on new guitars, with a nominal charge for used. Jim, Notable, Guitar Adoptions, etc.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 35 [36] 37 ... 119   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: