Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Randy_R on December 09, 2008, 11:16:03 AM
I suggest patience while all these questions are answered. Give Ricky time to sort thru everything and put together his plan and answers.

There will be enough time between the finalized specs and the actual submitting of the order to give everyone a chance to jump in.

Randy,  thanks for all your suggestion about a new thread.  Let's wait til I hear from Jim. I already emailed him 2 hours ago 8:30am Mountain Time 10:30am Eastern.

I have yet to check my email.

Some folks are already getting confused & I already got a PM regarding that.

Patience, yes!     We need to keep this simple.    Meanwhile, thanks Jeff for volunteering to gather the final list.

As for the new thread:      Here's what I imagine it will be:

PERMANENTLY PASTED AT TOP OF EVERY PAGE - description of Forum Git III
It will have a simple description of the Forum Git III - LS-03 and all the basic specs (all of which will not be a deal breaker for anyone).

(1) It will have 3 choices of Wood

People who will  REPLY to that thread will be BUYERS ONLY... so we don't have to wade through pages and pages of replies.

BUYERS will have to type in their CHOICE of tonewood combo:   IS/RW,   IS/Hog,    Hog/Hog

People may want to indicate how many guitars they are ordering... as some clearly may have the means to purchase 2.

Thanks Randy,

ricky

Ricky I sent you an email with the list
Jeffrey

Breaking News

Jim Holler sent me this email around 12:30pm Eastern.
UPDATE on DEPOSIT: 25%

In line with the Forum Rules, I cannot include the prices. But I will paste what I'm allowed. Here it is.

Larrivee has funded a price reduction on the guitar to help get to these prices.

Order process.  25% deposit Balance when the guitars are here and ready to ship. I would expect 12 weeks for the production of the guitars. I should  have the dimensions from Ricky T tomorrow. 4" is the body depth. He has an old LS09 at his home he is going to measure to verify the rest of the dimensions.
UPDATE on DEPOSIT: 25%

Do not post these numbers on the forum. You can post that we hit the price targets and to email me for the details. I will now start to reply to the emails I have already got.

I will send the same info to Randy.

--- end of Jim Holler's message ---

Thanks to all my dear Forum Family - for making this curious thought - closer to reality.

ricky

Choices are 3 Tonewoods which follows the Larrivee nomenclature:

LS-03   Italitan Spruce / Mahogany

LS-03R Italian Spruce / Rosewood

LS-03MT  Mahogany / Mahogany

* - mahogany is South American Mahogany; NO sapele

So are we supposed to contact Jim asap???

what about the little details? are we just leaving that up to JCL?

Jeffrey

Re:   the deposit.  Am I reading it correctly that we need to provide a 50% deposit upon placing the order and the other 50% when the guitars arrive at Trinity ?  I think some of us were expecting a smaller deposit. Could be difficult to pull that off,  especially right at Christmas time.   Anyway, I hope that Visa or MC will be accepted for both deposit and final payment since some of us are cash strapped at the moment.  That is, unless Danny is gonna float me a loan  :roll

tuffythepug

Deposit needs to be $100 - $200!!!!   :?
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

I probably can't swing this but would like to now what the final price is going to be...just incase I can....I'm selling everything I can get my hands on.  So how do I do that?  Randy just said not to email Jim....plus as I am not for sure....so can someone PM the price...or drop it to my email?

thanks

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)

I just hope I can sell my other guitar in time to be included in the final order.
Oh well, whatever will be will be. Mom always said that.
I would also like the price PMed to me
:coffee  :donut2  :donut  :donut2  :coffee
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on December 09, 2008, 12:31:19 PM
I just hope I can sell my other guitar in time to be included in the final order.
Oh well, whatever will be will be. Mom always said that.
I would also like the price PMed to me
:coffee  :donut2  :donut  :donut2  :coffee

Moms are smart that way Roger.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

Sorry Folks... DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL JIM HOLLER YET

Just got off the phone talking to Randy and then to Jim.

Prices won't be final until Thursday as Larrivee-Ricky is travelling.

We hope the 3-dot 12Fret marker will be a freebee.... still do not know at this point.

There may be a Poll regarding the Soundhole Rosette as Vancouver Factory may not be set up for the Mosaic.  
Final prices may be affected depending on final decision on soundhole rosette.

Let's hold our horses... please be patient with us... as we are all trying to calm our excited nerves.

Again, I'm modifying the latest BREAKING NEWS... to say ==
DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL JIM - NO NOT YET.

Thanks for your patience & understanding,

ricky  :donut :donut2 :coffee :coffee :donut :donut :donut2

Ricky, Congratz on the guitar of the month :beer   :nice guitar:
Jeffrey

Quote from: Blue in VT on December 09, 2008, 12:29:27 PM
I probably can't swing this but would like to now what the final price is going to be...just incase I can....I'm seeling everything I can get my hands on.  So how do I do that?  Randy just said not to email Jim....plus as I am not for sure....so can someone PM the price...or drop it to my email?

thanks

Blue

I hope you're in m'man!
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

Order process.  1/2 deposit Balance when the guitars are here and ready to ship.

Skipping the profanity that first crossed my lips....

Um, WHAT?!?

I don't begin to understand that sentance but I'll take a stab at it. Does that mean that once Jim gets the guitars we have to pony up 50 percent to secure one? PLEASE can someone clarify this?

holly

EDITED: Please email me with price. Because I really need to see what 50 percent is and WHEN it is due..
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: strawintogold on December 09, 2008, 12:44:12 PM
Order process.  1/2 deposit Balance when the guitars are here and ready to ship.

Skipping the profanity that first crossed my lips....

Um, WHAT?!?

I don't begin to understand that sentance but I'll take a stab at it. Does that mean that once Jim gets the guitars we have to pony up 50 percent to secure one? PLEASE can someone clarify this?

holly

EDITED: Please email me with price. Because I really need to see what 50 percent is.

That is how I am understanding it..

PM me the price as well Please!!
Jeffrey

Quote from: es-335 on December 09, 2008, 12:12:44 PM
So are we supposed to contact Jim asap???

Jeff, no, not at this point.  Pricing is approximate. Currently, we're just south of 1100 for the RW and south of 1000 for Hogs.

I know Randy will also mention something along these lines...we're respecting Forum Rules - no pricing discussions, ball park approximations allowed.

But, Final Price will depend upon SOUNDHOLE ROSETTE decision.

ricky

Quote from: bluesman67 on December 09, 2008, 12:41:45 PM
I hope you're in m'man!

Thanks dude....me too.  Things are looking....not quite as bleak on the job front....and a LS with hog and Ital spruce makes my mouth water.

Cheers,

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)

Very happy to say that I'm in good company in terms of freaking about the deposit; however, I hope 50% isn't gonna be the reality.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

we're just south of 1100 for the RW and south of 1000 for Hogs.

That's what they sell for retail. Just how expensive is a rosette, fcol? Sorry to be snarky but I'm still staggering from the idea that a FIFTY percent deposit is required. An indiviual luthier doesn't reqire that for a custom guitar. I get that it's a special body, ok, but I also get that this is a nice order for a manufacturer. Unless they are so swamped with requests the business isn't appreciated.

I should stop posting now and go outside.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

I think a 50% deposit could be deal killer for some of us, particularly this close to Christmas.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"