Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: limnephilidae on December 08, 2008, 10:06:36 PM
I have a practical question with regards to the pricing, should we go to Jim directly? If so, I think it would be prudent to give time a list of our email addresses all at once so we could take the pricing off the forum. Also, it would make it easier for Jim and yourself to communicate with us all at once.

For those who will eventually need pricing information, you can email me at my gmail account and I'll send an email to Jim with our email info. I will likely cc everyone openly unless someone wants their email hidden from all but Jim Holler. I would ask that if we do this, we keep chatter on the email thread to a bare minimum; no one wants endless emails and it's difficult to sort through. Conversations can occur on the forum (it's more useful to everyone anyway) and we should only use the email for pricing. Ricky, if you want to do this instead then go ahead.

My email address is adam DOT muise AT gmail DOT com  

Please note: I DO NOT having pricing info, I am just offering to help organize the pricing email to help Ricky and Ben out. That's assuming you folks trust me with your emails addresses.  :whistling:

Cheers,

Adam

....Adam, thanks for this idea.  Let me connect with Jim Holler first thing tomorrow morning.  I'll take instructions from him as to how to proceed.  I like your idea about all committed persons to forward their email address... Who to forward to? I don't know at this point.

I'm thinking, we need to keep the ORDERING PROCEDURE as simple as possible and ELIMINATE the middle person. I'm saying, Jim Holler may want to take all the orders himself... or he may want me or one of us to do that for him. Let's wait. Jim's our man.

I've been trying to shield Jim from a barrage of phonecalls and emails.
We'll have to figure out a SIMPLE SYSTEM - to keep confusion & chaos to an absolute minimum, zero.

Last thing we want is to receive our Forum Git at our door, open the box, and the Rosewood order ends up with a MT box :whistling:  :wacko:.

Okay... having said this, I want to say, Jim Holler is such a neat guy to deal with; all the testimonies about him & Trinity are true. Of course, Jason of Notable, Dave Schmidt of Guitar Adoptions and the folks at Twelfth Fret have all served Forumites well, most recently and in time past.

Jim Holler, on behalf of all of us at this Forum, I thank you for being in this Forum family, taking interest in this dream to make it closer to becoming a reality.  :+1:

Warmly,

ricky

Ricky, if everyone who are committed would post their email address and their preference on the wood choice.

I could put them on a excel file and send them to you.
Jeffrey

Quote from: es-335 on December 08, 2008, 11:22:36 PM
I am so thankful that you came up with this idea!!

I've been looking for a small body 12fret gutiar forever!!
I simply asked the question in my head out loud.

For the record, Tad suggested a LSV-03 (tongue-in-cheek).

Danny jumped all over the idea... he was the first one in
and someone asked if Danny was in?
someone rightly answered with another question: (to Danny) When were you ever out? :roll

Really, Danny should get #1 of ump-teen Gits  :laughin:

ricky

Quote from: es-335 on December 08, 2008, 11:44:35 PM
Ricky, if everyone who are committed would post their email address and their preference on the wood choice.

I could put them on a excel file and send them to you.
Jeff, that would be great. You and Ben have been doing most of the legwork while I was working over the weekend.
We need all the cooperation and help we can get at this point - to make it as painless and pleasant as possible.

If it were up to me, I'd give everyone a $100 discount, free shipping to the UK (hey Ben!), and stuff Holly's git with Pesos!!!
But sadly, my last name is not Trump.  :doh
ricky

If everybody who is interested could post their

Email address:
Name:
Wood Choice:

I'd really appreciate it!!

example  :ph34r:

Email address: email@email.com
Name: Jeff
Wood Choice: IS/Hog

Something like that??
Jeffrey

Quote from: es-335 on December 08, 2008, 11:58:17 PM

Email address:
Name:
Wood Choice:

Something like that??
Yes, indeed. Looks good to me... Maybe beside their name, they can include their Forum Login Id?

Thanks again Jeff. (looks like we're the only 2 still up chattin' - I guess it's time to hit the sack soon, there's fresh snow in Edmonton; my wife just left for her graveyard shift, called my cell and said... "shovel the driveway... it's embarrassing to the neighbors"  (and in my head, I really want to say something like, "OO, as in I wanna play my OO instead"  :roll  But, I kept my mouth shut; I'll do as I'm told... or my Forum Git III may just become wishful thinking...

Good night, eh?  (if Lynda reads this, Canadian? You betcha!  Not the Habs, nor Leafs, nor Canucks [sorry Jeff], but Oilers all the way!!!)

ricky

Of course I'll write down their username as well..

But I thought there is no need for them to write down the username(log in Id) since it will show on their post :)

It seems like we are the only ones up...

I should hit the bed soon... my wife is asleep.. But I gotta read my book some more..  :tongue:
Jeffrey

Changing the subject (just to drive Danny crazy)... :tongue:

I like the picture of the herringbone purflings & soundhole decor... I'm not much of a herringbone fan, but with the milky white spruce, it looks great!  And then, that delicious dark rosewood... ooohhhh, I can smell it.

It's too bad, Holly doesn't like abalone (that's the crushed shells right?)    I'm okay with that, but not at the cost of losing 1 person.

So, I hope we can come up with a decent soundhole decor... Otherwise, we may end up with the spartan and sedate looking Stock 03 soundhole decor.  :yak:

Did I ever mention that the rosewood will likely cost more than the mahogany?...
just like an 03R is listed higher than 03.

I believe someone already mentioned that and called it an upcharge, but it's just the norm between rosewood & hog prices.

ricky

I still like the mosaic rosette..

Ricky could I get your

Email address:
Name:
Wood Choice:

please  :nanadance
Jeffrey

But I thought there is no need for them to write down the username(log in Id) since it will show on their post :)

:doh I couldn't even find the DOH emoticon...  Duh?  It's really gettin' late.   Of course it will show when they post it :laughin:

Hay Yay Yay... good night!!!   Gotta shovel the driveway, but it's past 11:20pm.   I may wake up the neighbors.   It may snow some more overnight.

I think I'm hitting the sack... and get up before she drives in at 7am.

G'nite !!!    :coffee That's not coffee... it's chamomile tea - has that calming effect.

ricky

Quote from: es-335 on December 09, 2008, 12:20:18 AM
I still like the mosaic rosette..

Ricky could I get your

Email address: rickymapa@gmail.com
Name:  Ricky Mapa
Wood Choice:  IS/RW

please  :nanadance
Guess, I get to be ...  as Popeye says, "foist".

ricky

Thank you!

and have fun shoveling snow  :coffee :coffee
Jeffrey

Email address: timbutterfield@mindspring.com
Name: Tim Butterfield
Wood Choice: (Already?  Oh, well.  Flips coin.)  IS/RW
I guess I can always get an MT later, but getting an IS later might be difficult or impossible.

Tim

2000 Larrivée OM-10
2007 Larrivée P-09 QM (Quilted Maple)
2008 Pavan TP-30 (RW/Cedar)

Quote from: es-335 on December 08, 2008, 11:58:17 PM

Email address:
Name:
Wood Choice:

example  :ph34r:

Something like that??

Email: adam DOT muise AT gmail DOT com
Name: Adam
Wood Choice: IS/RW

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

Thanks, Tim and Adam

I gotcha on my list
Jeffrey

Email address: maryparkerspam @ gmail dot com
Name: Mary (kaos)
Wood Choice: hog/hog

:blush:

Thanks Mary,

ALL HOG FTW!!
Jeffrey

Can one of the moderators please amend Ricky's posts to 'legendary member' instead of 'senior member' please, and give him 7 stars.

Danny, I have to agree that in my short time as a Larry lover, this has become my dream Larry - Brilliant that it is working out.

email: ben.freeman4@btinternet.com
name: ben freeman
tonewoods: RW/IS
happiness: unmeasurable

I just read through the last 4 pages over my morning :coffee.  This is a good day!  
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Thanks Ben :) and good morning
Jeffrey

Here ya' go......

email:   lcf1221@aol.com
Name:  Lynn  (Tuffythepug)
wood choice:    Hog / Hog
Special Requirement:    LEFTY         

[attachment deleted by admin]