Pages: 1 ... 30 [31] 32 ... 119   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar discussion  (Read 200660 times)
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: December 09, 2008, 03:10:04 AM »

I am fine with the std scale :) (not wanting the upcharge )

but I seem to remember that there was a member saying "short scale or I am out.."

But I do agree that randy should lock this one up

Jeffrey

bscur

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: December 09, 2008, 03:10:25 AM »

I should keep my musings to myself. I imagine it quite a feat to get everyone to agree on so many things. The final result seem very nice and I've enjoyed reading about it.

Currently-

D-10
D-15
00-50
OM-05

Pictured:
Previously owned OM-05MT
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #602 on: December 09, 2008, 03:14:43 AM »

Welcome my buddies from LeftyFrets.   You will find this a great place to spend some time.

Wow...........3 wood combinations to choose from.  I'm afraid I may have to eschew (you like that word ?) the Italian Spruce and go HOG WILD now that I know that's an option.    This is the biggest news since the hogs ate grandma !

tuffythepug
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: December 09, 2008, 03:19:22 AM »

Tuffy,

I just never know what to expect from you. 

...the biggest news since the hogs ate grandma!

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: December 09, 2008, 03:23:22 AM »

as for the rosette, I am not so worried about it :) I'll leave it up to you guys..

12fret inlay, I like 3 micro dots idea.. or standard micro dot inlay is good for me as well :)

Jeffrey

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: December 09, 2008, 03:24:43 AM »

I should keep my musings to myself. I imagine it quite a feat to get everyone to agree on so many things. The final result seem very nice and I've enjoyed reading about it.
                 I am sorry, this is like a my dream Larrivee. And think about this.
  Jean Larrivee went and scored this stash of Italian Spruce...I've seen it and it is nice. He puts all the tops together, he invented the LS guitar and has agreed to make it to the original specs. This to me is tatamount to getting a custom guitar made by C.F.Martin. OK you may argue that point, but I don't care for any nose in the air high minded answers to this statement.
                  This is HISTORY, and we who are in this thing will have part of the Larrivee history. I think it was holly who said that this may only be like an OM-03 or something like that. No offense to you holly I know the sense you were portraying, but just as an example OM-03 vs this LS-03 FORUM III 12 fret with Ital top. No standard OM-03 will be in the same class. This is special.... Like one of the realy nice 12th fret gits. Only we did it... And I mean all of us including Jim Holler. Whom I have never met and have never bought a git from, but I had a feeling he was the man for this deal.
                                Like I said before YAHOO !!

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
TimButterfield

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: December 09, 2008, 03:27:22 AM »

Ricky,  I just got off the phone with Larrivee. I think I have very good news. I asked if we could go for three tone wood combinations:
1) Rosewood and Italian Spruce
2) South American Mahogany and Italian Spruce
3) South American Mahogany and Mahogany top. ( no up charge for the MT top ) This is the one I will get!
  Larrivee AGREED to the mix so long as we get 16 guitars total. This is great news.

Yes, that's great news.  Thanks, Jim.  Now I have to re-decide all over again.    bigrin

With just an italian spruce top, the choice was easier.  Now, I have to choose against a hog top.  That's harder.  I've never had one.  My OM-10 is spruce/rosewood.  My P-09 is spruce/quilted maple.  A hog top would make this one more different than what I have.  I am definitely on the list.  I'm just sure which list that is.   Hmmm...   

I'm sure there is probably a thread around here somewhere to explain the MT attraction.

Tim

2000 Larrivée OM-10
2007 Larrivée P-09 QM (Quilted Maple)
2008 Pavan TP-30 (RW/Cedar)
Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: December 09, 2008, 03:28:28 AM »

Wow and double wow.

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: December 09, 2008, 03:29:37 AM »

Wow and double wow.
                                                         YEP

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: December 09, 2008, 03:36:35 AM »

I'm sure there is probably a thread around here somewhere to explain the MT attraction.

Think of it like an old Stella....a cheap old blues axe. Hog tops used to be done because they were cheap...and kind of became the voice of country blues. I put my 12 fret forOM guitar into open tuning and it sounds too pretty for slide and blues. The hog top should fill that bill nicely. About 18 pages ago somebody said the RW/IS  LS would make a great blues guitar. I'm not so sure...I also think it may have too pretty a voice for traditional blues. Italian Spruce (which some say is just another name for German Spruce or European Spruce) is a favorite top for classical guitars. i thik the hog top will be a different voice than the IS.

Of course, this is my opinion and YMMV.

Larrivee 00-70 
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
58clipper

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: December 09, 2008, 04:04:27 AM »

Overall, wow. Count me in! Aside from obsessing over the wood decision, what do I do now to place my order?
And, THANK YOU, to whoever started this idea.
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: December 09, 2008, 04:05:26 AM »

RW is too pretty for me...

I do believe that Hog suits better for good ol' blues!

Jeffrey

limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: December 09, 2008, 04:06:36 AM »

Breaking News...  as of Monday Dec 8, I received a phonecall from Jim 5:30pm Mountain Time.

Sorry for the delay... switched to my slower Windows notebook that I'm more familiar with...

Here's Jim's email to me...  as for the 12th Fret markers... that should be doable but may be not if it's an intricate inlay.   1 more thing - NO pyramids on bridge.

Ricky,  I just got off the phone with Larrivee. I think I have very good news. I asked if we could go for three tone wood combinations:
1) Rosewood and Italian Spruce
2) South American Mahogany and Italian Spruce
3) South American Mahogany and Mahogany top. ( no up charge for the MT top ) This is the one I will get!
  Larrivee AGREED to the mix so long as we get 16 guitars total. This is great news. 
  I have seen the idea of an inlay at the 12 fret on the forum and asked for that. I do not think we will get it but it is under consideration. The 4" depth is confirmed. Larrivee will send me detailed body dimensions in the next day or so. I do have all the information I need to finalize the pricing. I am to tired to do this tonight so I will look at it first thing in the morning. A fresh pot of coffee will help!
Thank you
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars

We should still be in the 1000-1200 range. Remember, the magic number is 16 - and 3 tonewood combos. If in doubt, please read Jim's email slowly.

ricky

This is terrific news!

For the record, my preference is still Italian Spruce with Rosewood. However, I am VERY happy that everyone is getting their tonal preferences.

I have a practical question with regards to the pricing, should we go to Jim directly? If so, I think it would be prudent to give time a list of our email addresses all at once so we could take the pricing off the forum. Also, it would make it easier for Jim and yourself to communicate with us all at once.

For those who will eventually need pricing information, you can email me at my gmail account and I'll send an email to Jim with our email info. I will likely cc everyone openly unless someone wants their email hidden from all but Jim Holler. I would ask that if we do this, we keep chatter on the email thread to a bare minimum; no one wants endless emails and it's difficult to sort through. Conversations can occur on the forum (it's more useful to everyone anyway) and we should only use the email for pricing. Ricky, if you want to do this instead then go ahead.

My email address is adam DOT muise AT gmail DOT com  

Please note: I DO NOT having pricing info, I am just offering to help organize the pricing email to help Ricky and Ben out. That's assuming you folks trust me with your emails addresses.  whistling

Cheers,

Adam

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: December 09, 2008, 04:08:35 AM »

I will post my email address.

wonderfulremark AT gmail DOT come

Jeffrey

Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: December 09, 2008, 04:41:40 AM »

Overall, wow. Count me in! Aside from obsessing over the wood decision, what do I do now to place my order?

Just watch the forum...eventually we'll get pricing and orders will be going through Trinity Guitars. This has been moving pretty quickly and I'd imagine Jim will have a plan for taking orders within the next week or two.

Larrivee 00-70 
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: December 09, 2008, 05:03:12 AM »

Shut this thread down and let's get this thing over with.   AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH wacko
As hard as it is for this Forum addict to stay away, I've been trying to keep my comments to a minimum.  whistling
I guess it helps being busy... oh wait, more like preoccupied this past weekend.
ricky
TimButterfield

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: December 09, 2008, 05:06:08 AM »

Think of it like an old Stella....a cheap old blues axe. Hog tops used to be done because they were cheap...and kind of became the voice of country blues. I put my 12 fret forOM guitar into open tuning and it sounds too pretty for slide and blues. The hog top should fill that bill nicely. About 18 pages ago somebody said the RW/IS  LS would make a great blues guitar. I'm not so sure...I also think it may have too pretty a voice for traditional blues. Italian Spruce (which some say is just another name for German Spruce or European Spruce) is a favorite top for classical guitars. i thik the hog top will be a different voice than the IS.

Of course, this is my opinion and YMMV.
Thanks for the info.  I don't do a lot of blues.  I'm mostly learning fingerstyle and classical, but may get the MT anyway just because it is more different than what I already have.  I'll probably be debating with myself over this one until I run out of time and then just flip a coin.    bigrin

Tim

2000 Larrivée OM-10
2007 Larrivée P-09 QM (Quilted Maple)
2008 Pavan TP-30 (RW/Cedar)
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: December 09, 2008, 05:08:23 AM »

but I seem to remember that there was a member saying "short scale or I am out.."

That would be ARK-Al if I remember correctly.

As for Randy to lock this thing up? That's what I've been suggesting since Saturday... but I guess, it's just as well to stay open because other new interested folks
like Tuffy's buddies are given the chance to jump right in.

People should just stop talking about Specs.   Could we have the Specs Info of the Forum Git III at the top of every page - like the Poll thread?

ricky
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: December 09, 2008, 05:19:20 AM »

Just state which Forum Git III ==>
RW (IS,RW)
Hog,(IS,Hog)
MT (all hog)

I'll work with Jeff es335 and Ben to finalize the list.

Glad you can be part of this... Not too long ago, I ordered an out-of-production OO-09 (the last new one in North America) and I started wondering about all the others who love to have an OO but couldn't. Asked the question out loud: What if we can commission Jean Larrivee to produce a RETRO out-of-production model if there was enough people interested enough to place such order...... it was like fireworks and it didn't take long... we have what is now known to all here...LS-03 Forum Git III.

ricky  +1
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: December 09, 2008, 05:22:36 AM »

I am so thankful that you came up with this idea!!

I've been looking for a small body 12fret gutiar forever!!

Jeffrey

Pages: 1 ... 30 [31] 32 ... 119   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: