Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello All,

I have enjoyed watching this all unfold and appreciate the efforts to make Forum III a reality.  If the price comes in fairly reasonable, I am hoping to add my name to the Spruce/Mahogany crew.

Thanks.

Cisco
Larrivee L03R

Breaking News...  as of Monday Dec 8, I received a phonecall from Jim 5:30pm Mountain Time.

Sorry for the delay... switched to my slower Windows notebook that I'm more familiar with...

Here's Jim's email to me...  as for the 12th Fret markers... that should be doable but may be not if it's an intricate inlay.   1 more thing - NO pyramids on bridge.

Ricky,  I just got off the phone with Larrivee. I think I have very good news. I asked if we could go for three tone wood combinations:
1) Rosewood and Italian Spruce
2) South American Mahogany and Italian Spruce
3) South American Mahogany and Mahogany top. ( no up charge for the MT top ) This is the one I will get!
  Larrivee AGREED to the mix so long as we get 16 guitars total. This is great news. 
  I have seen the idea of an inlay at the 12 fret on the forum and asked for that. I do not think we will get it but it is under consideration. The 4" depth is confirmed. Larrivee will send me detailed body dimensions in the next day or so. I do have all the information I need to finalize the pricing. I am to tired to do this tonight so I will look at it first thing in the morning. A fresh pot of coffee will help!
Thank you
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars

We should still be in the 1000-1200 range. Remember, the magic number is 16 - and 3 tonewood combos. If in doubt, please read Jim's email slowly.

ricky

This is my first time on this board and is a followup to a conversation I had with Tuffythepug at Leftfrets.net. in regard to a Larrivee Forum guitar the specs of which he has made me familar with.   As I told him, this sounds like an interesting box and I would be interested.  He said something about Italian spruce and mahogany, sounds good to me, do you have room for another?  BTW, I'm  left handed and play that way.  Wow, you got spell check!  Neat!:donut

4" depth?  Yes!
Three tonewood combos?  Yes!

Wow!!!
:nanadance :bgrin: :nanadance

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!
Scott

RS-2

Just a question here...is Larrivee saying 16 or more...or just 16?

hhhmmmm....I assume the former....

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)

Crap, now I'm conflicted,lol. I have TWO MT guitars. Can't justify another, can't justify another..

With the S. American getting harder and harder and never more in a 03, I'm going to defect to the mahogany and IS camp. This is me making a PRUDENT decision.

Now, that being said, is the only difference between this and a regular 03 going to be the LS body?

ANy word on the deposit?

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

I'd imagine it's 16 minimum. I can't see any business going 'Oh, sorry, we can't sell more." lol

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: Blue in VT on December 08, 2008, 08:11:10 PM
Just a question here...is Larrivee saying 16 or more...or just 16?

hhhmmmm....I assume the former....

Blue
Blue... it's 16 or more...  I don't think anyone will complain if it was more than 16.

ricky

Quote from: strawintogold on December 08, 2008, 08:15:11 PM

Now, that being said, is the only difference between this and a regular 03 going to be the LS body?

12 fret design is different.

aardvark, Tim, Phil and all of Tuffy's friends from the LeftyForum... oh yeah... Cisco & 1 other chap couple pages back interested in sunburst - forgot your id... hello!

Welcome to the NutHouse called Larrivee Forum.  Sure glad you folks are interested to have the Forum Git III.

3 choices now as you read in Jim Holler's email.  Should know the Price & Deposit requirements by tomorrow, Lord willing.

Here's some cyber Starbucks  :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee and some Tim Horton's donuts  :donut :donut :donut :donut & Krspy Kreme :donut2 :donut2 :donut2.

eh? (yuppers, Canadian here) ricky

Quote from: rpm60912 on December 08, 2008, 08:23:22 PM
aardvark, Tim, Phil and all of Tuffy's friends from the LeftyForum... oh yeah... Cisco & 1 other chap couple pages back interested in sunburst - forgot your id... hello!

Welcome to the NutHouse called Larrivee Forum.  Sure glad you folks are interested to have the Forum Git III.

3 choices now as you read in Jim Holler's email.  Should know the Price & Deposit requirements by tomorrow, Lord willing.

Here's some cyber Starbucks  :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee and some Tim Horton's donuts  :donut :donut :donut :donut & Krspy Kreme :donut2 :donut2 :donut2.

eh? (yuppers, Canadian here) ricky

Ricky,

You're such a Canadian...eh...
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Well........... I only got one thang ta say

:guitarYAHOO !!! :guitar

I've been following this with interest. I like it all except the satin finish. Do you think they would make one and leave it raw wood so I could put a gloss finish on it (nitro lacquer like I spray on the electrics I make)?  Maybe that is absurd, just a thought.
Currently-

D-10
D-15
00-50
OM-05

Pictured:
Previously owned OM-05MT

Quote from: bscur on December 08, 2008, 08:47:46 PM
I've been following this with interest. I like it all except the satin finish. Do you think they would make one and leave it raw wood so I could put a gloss finish on it (nitro lacquer like I spray on the electrics I make)?  Maybe that is absurd, just a thought.
YEP, that would be absurd. There is a way to gloss a satin model that is very inexpensive and looks very nice.

Just got home from costco...

and I can't believe JCL has agreed to do 3combos!!!!

No brainer for me.. MT ALL THE WAY!!!!!!

HURRAY!!!!!!!  :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance

have some timmy's Ricky, thanks for the good news :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee

and cheers to all :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers
Jeffrey

for the short scale vs long scale...

do we have to all match on one scale??
Jeffrey

:nice guitar:

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

You are probably right. I mean, I could do it- here is one I built this one from scratch. But I suppose it would be better to go with the standard route. Side note- is a pyramid bridge purely cosmetic, or does it have a slight impact on tone?
Currently-

D-10
D-15
00-50
OM-05

Pictured:
Previously owned OM-05MT

Quote from: es-335 on December 08, 2008, 08:54:06 PM
Just got home from costco...

and I can't believe JCL has agreed to do 3combos!!!!

No brainer for me.. MT ALL THE WAY!!!!!!

HURRAY!!!!!!!  :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance

have some timmy's Ricky, thanks for the good news :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee

and cheers to all :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers
I had no idea you wanted a hogtop. LOL.  Great news!!!
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Here come the men with a little white sleeveless coat. RUN JEFF :tongue:
Quote from: es-335 on December 08, 2008, 08:57:13 PM
for the short scale vs long scale...

do you have to all match on one scale??

There is not going to be a short scale!!! Unless you confuse us all again and stir up the whole process.
          This is why I could never be a teacher, no patience and having to say the same thing over and over.

Bscur :  A raw guitar would get to you with blemishes all over it if you had it shipped. AND this IS NOT A SHORT ORDER CAFE. It's a forum guitar.

Shut this thread down and let's get this thing over with.   AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :wacko:

holly I am borrowing your line..."What doesn't make you stronger, kills you."