Forum Guitar discussion

Started by Randy_R, November 30, 2008, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricky,

I JUST read your post of how you were describing the guitar!... I mean the box!

That must be so exciting, congratz on your new guitar!

Now.. I guess it is time for you to ROCK:)!!

again congratz!
Jeffrey

Would it be helpful if we could come up with a theme (or name) to suggest to JCL for this guitar?  A guitar that honors or reflects some past time, event, milestone, guitar lore, or??  Something a little more "exciting" than Forum III (NO disrespect intended!). Then we would have the _____  Guitar!  And if we did have a theme, it might help define (coordinate) some of the options being discussed (e.g., type of fretboard markers, etc).

Ideas?

Al

LITTLE ITALI :winkin:

Quote from: ARK on December 03, 2008, 06:48:00 PM
Would it be helpful if we could come up with a theme (or name) to suggest to JCL for this guitar?  A guitar that honors or reflects some past time, event, milestone, guitar lore, or??  Something a little more "exciting" than Forum III (NO disrespect intended!). Then we would have the _____  Guitar!  And if we did have a theme, it might help define (coordinate) some of the options being discussed (e.g., type of fretboard markers, etc).

Ideas?

Al

Interesting idea. Since Jim Holler stepped up. I suggest we come up with a name that involves his shop:

"Trinity Custom"

"Trinity Edition"

"Holler Special"

What does everyone think?
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

I like Holler Special. It's an excellent play on words. As in Holler cause it's Special, Jim's name and note of specialness, plus it sounds like the good, humble kick -CENSORED- guitar larrivee is known and loved for.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Popular question. How about bel tesoro? iGoogle says this is Italian for lovely treasure which I'm sure this little lady will be!
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

We still don't have confirmation from Larrivee, so we may want to not name it officially until we know it will be done and if they will offer the Italian tops.

Another slant would be a name that suggests the style of the guitar. For example, something like Larrivee LS Folk SE (Special Edition, or perhaps use FSE for Forum Special Edition) might suggest traditional tuners, herringbone rosette, and minimal (or no) fretboard markers. On the other hand, another name might suggest modern looking tuners/buttons, abalone rosette, and fancier fretboard markers, etc.

Al

How about "Ye Olde Guitar". Kinda catchy in a marketing way, no?
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Okay, here goes my 100th post...

I saw some pictures of the Forum guitar 1 at Randy_R's webpage.

http://randyrick.us/guitars/LarriveeForumGuitar.htm

and I really liked how it says on the label "FORUM GUITAR"

I think that is really special to have the "FORUM GUITAR" somewhere on the label :) :thumbsup

but how about "resurrection"??

since Ricky started the whole project with the idea of "bringing back the orphaned Larri-models"
Jeffrey

Speaking of names...

Think of some name that will represent "Us" here at the Forum and something about our mutual admiration for Larrivee Guitars.

Remember, the concept was born in the hearts and minds of this LF Family !!!   ... and again, our passion & die-hard loyalty to Larrivee the guitars we've come to like a lot.

ricky

Stores and dealers special order their guitars and have names that represent their store.

Quote from: es-335 on December 03, 2008, 07:57:20 PM
Okay, here goes my 100th post...
and I really liked how it says on the label "FORUM GUITAR"
I think that is really special to have the "FORUM GUITAR" somewhere on the label :) :thumbsup

but how about "resurrection"??

since Ricky started the whole project with the idea of "bringing back the orphaned Larri-models"

Jeff... Congrats on your 100th post - Mr. Senior Member, Sir.

I agree with Jeff... Forum Guitar should be on the label.... if not III, then 2008 Forum Guitar.

Hey... I do like "resurrection" even beyond the concept of recreating orphaned models...  :winkin:

Nice picture of that label... and oh that Mahogany !!!   (I'm NOT a HOG fan... and you guys make me wanna have one; I actually spotted an LV-05 MT (w pickup) !!!  :drool:

But, I'm saving up for this Forum Git... it's why I'm thinking of selling my last and only Taylor.

ricky

How about?

Forum Guitar - LS-03 Retro 

Or, to reflect our Forum Family's character...

"Forum Guitar
Larri LoyaLS-03"

ricky

What do y'all think ??? :?

I'm all for Forum Guitar III.

Here's Charlotte's Label
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Quote from: bluesman67 on December 03, 2008, 08:15:08 PM

Larrivee Forum III LS Revival

Larrivee Forum III LS Special Edition

Larrivee Special Edition LS Forum III

The pictures of forum labels make me wonder - while we wait for the info on this new Forum guitar, could everyone who has one of the original Forum guitars take a picture of it ( maybe with a holiday scene ) and submit it? Maybe we can have a special picture section of Forum guitars and their families?

Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

Quote from: bluesman67 on December 03, 2008, 08:15:08 PM

Here's Charlotte's Label

1-16 of 16....        Something like that....Simple. Understated. Like a simple Larrivee.

Now that I think of it.. I like "Forum Guitar III"

It's just simple! :)

Jeffrey

I'd like to add my name to the "LS" list, but would like full spec details before total commitment,  yeah right... :humour:

Any chances of an exotic tonewood

Maple, walnut or even blackwood.  :thumb
Greg

Larrivée L-05 Red Spruce Top
DeArmond M-68 Moon Blue
Fender Bullet S-2 Sunburst
Fender Telecaster Thinline
Peavey Predator