Pages: 1 ... 74 [75] 76 ... 119   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar discussion  (Read 212468 times)
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #1480 on: December 23, 2008, 10:48:16 PM »

I've been watching this guitar develop and have been delighted as each specification and option (well, not a cutaway) has been exactly what I wanted. I just ordered a mahogany top with purfling.

LaminateBoy
Good call.   Welcome to the "dark side".   Another one in the whole-hog camp.     
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1481 on: December 23, 2008, 10:49:13 PM »

LaminateBoy
Good call.   Welcome to the "dark side".   Another one in the whole-hog camp.    

Tuffy,

Aren't you folks getting to be the majority, at least in the mahogany orders?

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1482 on: December 23, 2008, 11:00:03 PM »

No, they are 'the ones' you know, the all mahogany people......

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1483 on: December 23, 2008, 11:10:16 PM »

gotta agree on the timing...(not because of Christmas though.....) crying I guess no body can really predict when the water tank will explode...

Anybody who are able to jump in the wagon should all order the guitar... this is seriously such an awesome opportunity!

To all who can't swing it right now to get on-board with the Forum III, I feel for you. But I'd be willing to bet that there are going to be Forum guitars available in the for sale section before the summer is out. Hopefully you'll have funds available at that time.
I can't help but feel a little sad for Jeff because of the way his situation unfolded but I know everyone has their own situations that are just as important to them. Just remember "it's just a guitar" and family and friends are far more important.
Peace be with all of you.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Daysailer

Ignore
« Reply #1484 on: December 23, 2008, 11:21:28 PM »

Aaahhhhh.... "mojo"   -    magic, charm, character, that intangible essential quality,   .................. did I get it?......

Add Soul to that list and I think you've got it. 
Its more about magical essence than damage to me.  But in the guitar world, scars are considered evidence of MOJO   afro

I wish you guy and gals would stop talking about this LS.  I have'nt the power to control my urge to keep reading about the F-III, but can only justify joining in if I sell one of my others.

So I started by pulling out my Forum OM-MT 12 fret......logical choice cuz its the closest to the F-III in size and 12 fret.   dont need 2 right ???   .....  Played it for a while...  All hog sound,  12 fret bass.....  bird in the hand, paid for.... its staying home!

L-03 Blackwood.....Also kind of rare...  Narrower waist makes playing more comfy than a dred and without the boomyness.  Great for strumming and fingerpicking...... a lushness in the sound that touches my soul.....another paid for bird in hand....

Seagull Folk.....  Short scale,....cedar  sound....true classical size smaller than the OM.....most played guitar in the house...  Sheeeesh......played awhile longer to convice myself to sell it.........cedar warmth, .........nope this one stays too.

Maybe buy the IS/RW and then pick which of the 4 to keep.........yeah thats the ticket.........

......(insanity sets in)....

(stays awhlie).............   dizzy........ he e e e e e   l   p   I think I'm sinking into the MOJO......

ds 

If ya'll would stop this thread, I might regain my norml level of dememtia and my wife would talke to me again

L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1485 on: December 23, 2008, 11:46:19 PM »

So I started by pulling out my Forum OM-MT 12 fret......logical choice cuz its the closest to the F-III in size and 12 fret.   dont need 2 right ???   .....  Played it for a while...  All hog sound,  12 fret bass.....  bird in the hand, paid for.... its staying home!

......(insanity sets in)....

(stays awhlie).............   dizzy........ he e e e e e   l   p   I think I'm sinking into the MOJO......

ds 

If ya'll would stop this thread, I might regain my norml level of dememtia and my wife would talke to me again

Ok... soul.... got it !!!  That's mojo in a nutshell really... heart and soul.

When I was reading the line when you described your OM-03MT FG... I was waiting for what I wanted to read but got disappointed. Thought you were gonna sell it.  I was ready to pounce, not that I have the money. But, I want to pounce anyway ! 

Good call on buying the FGIII and deciding which one goes.   I thought the Seagull would be the easiest one to let go - but then again, you can't put a dollar value esp if it already has that MOJO factor (that's the first time I ever used "mojo" in a sentence - yey !!!) 

ricky  +1
Daysailer

Ignore
« Reply #1486 on: December 24, 2008, 12:37:50 AM »

LOL for the 'proper' use of MOJO in a sentence.......now can you spell it     

Based on familial harmony, financial sanity, and birds in hand.... I will  probably pass on this momentus event.
Dont want to,.... wish i cud...,  will hate myself in the morning.....  will y'all still respect me.....

etc..

ds

OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
Seagull Artist Folk
BlastersFan55

Ignore
« Reply #1487 on: December 24, 2008, 12:43:25 AM »

Don't sell the sailboat, Daysailer.  Used to sail those with my Dad off the coast of Marblehead, MA!

Great boat & great times. 

Except when my Dad stuck me with painting the bottom of her!   yak
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #1488 on: December 24, 2008, 12:54:40 AM »

LOL for the 'proper' use of MOJO in a sentence.......now can you spell it     

Based on familial harmony, financial sanity, and birds in hand.... I will  probably pass on this momentus event.
Dont want to,.... wish i cud...,  will hate myself in the morning.....  will y'all still respect me.....

etc..

ds

Daysailer, you are dead to us.... angry

Seriously, I'm sorry you can't join in the fun but on the other hand maybe it's for the better.   If there weren't a few stout-hearted, clear thinking, fiscally responsible individuals like yourself this forum guitar would have so many orders that Jean would probably decide to just make it a re-introduced line and build a hundred or so of 'em.  There goes the "special" aspect of the whole darned thing and they wouldn't be collectors items at all.  God bless you in your decision to be financially conservative and realistic with regard to your guitar needs.  
The rest of us will just have to live with our reckless ways. (and our forum III limited-run special edition collectors quality LS-03's with built in "mojo" factor (Hey Ricky, I used it in a sentence too !)
I'm sure you are making the smart choice. whistling

Tuffythepug
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1489 on: December 24, 2008, 01:11:04 AM »

\
The rest of us will just have to live with our reckless ways. (and our forum III limited-run special edition collectors quality LS-03's with built in "mojo" factor (Hey Ricky, I used it in a sentence too !)

Ok... I'm just a 48-year old guy with a delightful acoustic guitar mid-life crisis (instead of German cars) with the hormones of a teenager when it comes to purchasing guitars with money I don't have, DS will you still respect me? 

Tuffy... reckless is overrated !!!    Or is that the new definition of "SELF-CONTROL" - reckless ways 

ricky  +1
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1490 on: December 24, 2008, 01:29:38 AM »

I've infected half this forum.....    ohmy

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #1491 on: December 24, 2008, 01:43:03 AM »

I've infected half this forum.....    ohmy

Uhhhhh......can you be more specific...and do we need shots ?
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1492 on: December 24, 2008, 02:02:34 AM »

LOL

Broadus

Ignore
« Reply #1493 on: December 24, 2008, 02:09:55 AM »

Thanks, everyone, for allowing me to enjoy, albeit vicariously, your pulling together and collective excitement. Ricky, when you first suggested this, I thought it would never get off the ground---just wishful thinking. Congratulations for pushing it along and hanging in there. I'm also looking forward to reading all the reviews after you all receive them.

Bill

Martin OM-21; Eastman AC710S

The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. (Westminster Shorter Catechism---1647)
iDavid

Ignore
« Reply #1494 on: December 24, 2008, 02:28:29 AM »

I have a question or two

I was looking at olde reviews of the LS and it seems Larrivee use to use Rosewood for the body binding and I was thinking how great that would look.

Would it be possible to offer rosewood binding as an up-charge?

I figure the answer is no, but if ya don't ask ya don't get... 

Anyone else prefer Rosewood to maple binding or is it just me?

david

Post seemed to got buried pretty quick.  I was thinking that maybe rosewood binding could be an up-charge option....

Larrivee Forum-III all hog
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1495 on: December 24, 2008, 02:30:05 AM »

Post seemed to got buried pretty quick.  I was thinking that maybe rosewood binding could be an up-charge option....

I think they were attempting to keep the binding standard on all guitars

Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #1496 on: December 24, 2008, 02:40:32 AM »

I don't need shots....

I need a basement apartment to move into once my wife sees the new git. 

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
iDavid

Ignore
« Reply #1497 on: December 24, 2008, 02:44:09 AM »

I think they were attempting to keep the binding standard on all guitars

just hoping for an up- charge otpion 

love that rosewood binding

david

Larrivee Forum-III all hog
Daysailer

Ignore
« Reply #1498 on: December 24, 2008, 02:56:00 AM »

Don't sell the sailboat, Daysailer.  Used to sail those with my Dad off the coast of Marblehead, MA!

Great boat & great times. 

Except when my Dad stuck me with painting the bottom of her!   yak

Dont worry,   Lollipop is part of the family,  All three of my kids have raced her all over the country with me.

time to drift (sailing term) off course a bit.  
Blaster..Even tho I live in Oregon,   I've sailed Marblehead, with and raced against Steve Braese, Dan and Barbara Duggan,  Bob Blake sr. & jr..  Just some of the names that were and are active Day Sailers in your era.  I have been blessed by 4 NACR championships in my 1966 Day Sailer, G.S. Lollipop.  If you and your father were racers, those names should ring some memories.

Back to guitars.... Jim Holler is also known to spend a moment or two on small sailboats.  Others on this forum may recognize that name    whistling

ds     (this one's for Blasterfan,  Day Sailer sailor of yore )

OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
Seagull Artist Folk
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #1499 on: December 24, 2008, 03:14:59 AM »

One thing I wouldn't mind paying extra for is the better Larrivee archtop case.  This guy on ebay is selling 3x cases that exactly fit our Forum III guitar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Larrivee-CLS-Deluxe-Acoustic-Guitar-Hard-Case_W0QQitemZ330272640922QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

I guess it really depends on what they have available given the fact that they don't build LS sized guitars anymore.

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
Pages: 1 ... 74 [75] 76 ... 119   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: