00-03 would be perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe.. hog top????????????  :laughin:

00-03, with no bling.. just poor and humble looking guitar
Jeffrey

Quote from: es-335 on November 29, 2008, 10:03:39 PM
00-03 would be perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe.. hog top????????????  :laughin:

00-03, with no bling.. just poor and humble looking guitar
That's about what I have been saying or trying to say, though I would rather it was a LS-03 or LSV-03, no bling, not even the Larrivee Logo on the head stock, but maybe if the JCL would agree, just "Jean".
          And for me, for what it's worth, no tonewoods of modern status, just some hog, and maybe hog top as has been said.
           WTB: LS-03 0r 05.... 00-03? or 00-05... CS in hog...satin or gloss... HOG top slot head is a plus (00-50MT)
                          Cowgirlie has a 00-50MT but she hasn't said much about it

Body/Tonewoods:
I'm totally in for an LSV-03 or LS-03 with a sitka top and a rosewood or hog/sapele back. No bling please to keep the cost down. I would also go fairly crazy for a cedar top but I'm not sure if this would increase costs or decrease costs based on Larrivee's supply situation. Please do not count me in for a sapele/hog top.

Bling:
The most bling I would care to see would be the Larrivee logo in MOP, but I really don't care either way.

Oddities:
I have one more suggestion to make: Regardless of the tonewoods, how does everyone feel about the classic rosewood overlay on the headstock? The one where you could see the grain?
Like so: http://www.12fret.com/used/LarriveeOM05n19910.jpg
I'm close enough to the 12th fret to help if someone needs an errand-boy. :)

Finally, what kind of critical mass do we need to make this happen? If we get a rough consensus of 10-12 people, we should approach someone in Larrivee or David Wren at the 12th fret. Who organized the last forum guitar build? Would it help if we had a deposit system ($$$ talks)?

Eagerly awaiting some news,

Adam
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

We have exactly 10 persons who are interested. Bottom line of course is if we can come up with the money: 1000-1500 USD roughly.

The vast majority want:  03 Satin, hog or rw --- maybe whatever Jean or Matt may have stashed away enough for 10 gits; headstock with Jean MOP (whatever m.o.p. means - please educate me - is that mother of pearl? I think so huh... duh... :wacko:).
12-fret to body, short scale

We need to resolve this:

LSV
1. danny dependan
2. adam limnephildae
3. ricky
4. tad
5. dale
6. holly strawingold

OO
1. es-335
2. L-fan
3. Tuffy (and 2 other lefties?) that would push total to 12 guitars possibly
4. Dotneck

Can the OO people switch to LSV?   If we so, we may have something solid here.

Randy says Forum guitar has been done before.... so hopefully, Lord willing, this will become a reality.  If we have ONE MODEL.

LSV-03 so far has the majority.

Danny.... do you have access to Jean? You met him right?  Can you be the liaison person?   I'm next province to Matt - Vanc - Edm 12hr drive.

Our best chance --- The 12Fret folks of Toronto may make this possible - because of their long-standing good relationship with Larrivee.

Again... at least 10 people must agree to ONE MODEL BODY and come up with MONEY DOWN for DEPOSIT.

ricky  :smile:

working with 12fret would be AMAZING!!

since I am in Canada.. it'd work out much easier for me TOO!! :)

I'd settle for an LS.. but no cutaway please!!  :crying:

12fret joint(if not its okay too!!)  or short scale 24-3/4" Hog top LS.. would that be possible??
Jeffrey

Matthew is in Oxnard and John is in Vancouver. JCL is in Oxnard mostly if he is not traveling, working.
I have no way of speaking with Matt or Jean that is any different than you Ricky. Just call the Yarnell Place office or e-mail them.
   They were so busy recently that I don't know when they could do this for us if it works. I think a 03 would be built in Canada so it may have a better chance of getting through faster at this point in time.
   I think once we have a consensus we just have one of the dealers take it from there. Maybe Jim at Trinity would like a go at it this time. It doesn't matter whether we are in Canada or the U.S. as forumites or where the dealer is located.
                What matters is can this really be done. I am ready and have the cash put aside.
I think this thread should be stopped at this point and a new one started on "FORUM GUITAR" 2008. So that more members are aware this is happening and can have a chance to totally mess this deal up with 99 more opinions :tongue:
                 Seriously, more should have an opportunity to join in. BUT personally I hope we can keep the small body or I am out (sorry).      Thanks Ricky, I knew you would be good for the forum...And you still don't even have a Larrivee :laughin:

Quote from: dependan on November 30, 2008, 12:34:47 AM

Seriously, more should have an opportunity to join in. BUT personally I hope we can keep the small body or I am out (sorry).      Thanks Ricky, I knew you would be good for the forum...And you still don't even have a Larrivee :laughin:

I am totally with you on the small body thing!!

LS or 00 would be perfect.. and now that i think of it I'd be pretty happy with the LS body.. but NO CUTAWAY!  :thumbsup

LS body
12fret joint
short scale 24-3/4"
possibly HOG top
NO BLINGS!
Jeffrey

Quote from: es-335 on November 30, 2008, 12:40:46 AM

LS or 00 would be perfect.. and now that i think of it I'd be pretty happy with the LS body.. but NO CUTAWAY!  :thumbsup

LS body
12fret joint
short scale 24-3/4"
possibly HOG top
NO BLINGS!

I am willing to go LS or LSV or OO...It's all good to me. You know when I spoke to JCL on the radio interview he had with musicrowshow, this was the guitar I brought up to him. Just like you have spec'd out. But he said they were just to busy filling orders for the new models C , electric, and the mandos were taking away from the git line up as well.
                  I will be very surprised if this actually goes through. Even the LSV-11 is not being made anymore. So it's the Parlor and then jump to the OM. Which to most folks is a "small git" but my Martin OM-21 is smaller and is closer to an LS, It was the same in many ways as my 2006 LSV-11, but my 2008 LSV-11 model was larger.
                  So we shall see.

Quote from: es-335 on November 30, 2008, 12:40:46 AM

LS body
12fret joint
short scale 24-3/4"
possibly HOG top
NO BLINGS!

Okay... Jeff... you would be #7 on LSV-03 list.... you'll have to talk to the rest about non-cutaway... I'm okay with plain ol' LS too.

Danny, I'm with you on the small body... or I'm out as well.... I thought the Larrivee sons were all in Vanc (John only huh?)... Matt in OxCal... ok.

Others who said they want LSV (venetian cutaway)... if we go with LS as Jeff desires... a non-cutaway will be cheaper... (we can go glossy)

I can try emailing Larrivee... but we must have 10 solid money down committed buyers.

IF we end this thread... we need to be solid on one model...  LSV-03     or    LS-03   .... that's it.   Tonewood & other specs final.     We would be like... the "Board" making a decision for everyone Forumites either buy or not.

ricky...  so far Danny and I have money set aside to make this a go. Need to hear from others please.

Well that's a backbone!
"IF we end this thread... we need to be solid on one model...  LSV-03     or    LS-03   .... that's it.   Tonewood & other specs final.     We would be like... the "Board" making a decision for everyone Forumites either buy or not."

I think it would be better to have a dealer involved, but we can get some more input from others and see how it goes. It would be a cool deal to make it a forum git.

I'm fine with no cutaway if that's a big deal for others, Hog is done so nicely by Larrivee it would look the best, even with no bling. 00 or LS is like a coin with 2 sides for me. Slothead would sure be the "bling'' I would like. They just strike me as a cool look. We'll see.

When the other LSV, LS buyers wake up later today... and read this... are you willing to switch to OO ???

So far, it sounds like, there would be a dead-heat between OO or LS (which I favor).

MT - hog top, B&S    and    some RW fans.

3 Things must happen:

1. Forumites agree on ONE MODEL and money deposited to Dealer.
2. Larrivee (JCL & Factory) agree.
3. Identify Dealer... 12th Fret likely

I believe Jim handled the last forum guitar. I'm sure he would be on board to get this going as well. I might suggest limiting any of us contacting anyone at Larrivee since there is a MUCH higher chance of it going through with a single point person.

The item to discuss is price. And, this is where the last consensus broke down. Some didn't mind spending more, some wanted to spend less. If price is going to be a factor, as much as I know some of you love it, items like slot heads and mahogany tops are going to increase the price. So will a specialty headstock design.

However, IMHO, it should be different enough from a stocked item to identify it as special. So, there should be some kind of balance to achieve. I think everyone is being pretty good about mixing some features from current models to come up with something that is not currently offered but still easy for them to push through (no specail tooling).

Not to confuse things too much, but since the C's are back, what about a cut-away but instead of the V (venetian style), going with the C (florentine)??? The one thing I think they could probably do without too much hassle or extra money is mix some hog backs with some RW backs in the production. I'm hoping anyway... I'm a definate RW sound player.

With a florentine, it may be configured as a CS-03 and CS-03R

"The barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it"

2006 Larrivee LV-10 MR   1980 Les Paul Custom Natural   2008 Larrivee LV-03-12   1998 Carvin LB75 Koa Bass

One thing I would like to bring up is that this thread was just started two days ago, and we are already trying to nail down the final config ASAP.  Perhaps we are rushing this just a bit?  If the last forum guitar concept was batted about for almost a year, this time it seems this may not be including enough other folks in the process.  But then again, maybe too many chefs would spoil the soup?   :?

I think this is a great idea, however I do not have money set aside for it.  That being said, I could be inspired to sell some stuff to be able to participate in this, but the thing is, I would need to be inspired to do so, which would mean before I commit $$, I would need to know the final config and price.  Kind of a chicken and egg thing here.

Anyway, keep up the great work guys and gals, and I will continue to watch how this shakes out.   :nana_guitar
Scott

RS-2

If you go for a small body hog top, then I'm in too.

david
Larrivee Forum-III all hog

There are a couple things that would be a deal breaker for me. A pointy cutaway (can never recall of that's F or C), gloss finish and smaller than an LSV or OM. I have enough (ha) OM guitars at this point and Parlors, while lovely, seem like they have a three inch long neck to me.

Slotted headstocks don't wow me, but that's not a biggie. I don't want it any fancier than my OM 03's. I agree that this is going a bit fast. Two points, the chances of getting anyone to manufacture anything are much better after Christmas. Most folks will (hopefully) have more disposable income after Christmas as well. Think Spring.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Jason at Notable ordered the original forum guitar.
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

The next 2 months are going to be very busy for Larrivee. The California NAMM show is January 15th. Typically this is where new models are introduced as well as being the primary sales event for the company. I suggest firming up the model specs and getting people on board and perhaps openeing discussions with a dealer to act as intermediary for the project. Then moving forward once NAMM is over. Let a willing dealer be the interface into Larrivee instead of trying to contact Jean directly.

There were 2 options offered in the case of the first Forum Guitar, 1. either sitka or mahogany top (same price) 2. Premium archtop case (extra cost). 
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: rpm60912 on November 30, 2008, 01:16:08 AM
When the other LSV, LS buyers wake up later today... and read this... are you willing to switch to OO ???

So far, it sounds like, there would be a dead-heat between OO or LS (which I favor).

MT - hog top, B&S    and    some RW fans.

3 Things must happen:

1. Forumites agree on ONE MODEL and money deposited to Dealer.
2. Larrivee (JCL & Factory) agree.
3. Identify Dealer... 12th Fret likely

With regards to the model, I think we're seeing a lot more LS than 00 and we may need to call it very soon. Do we really need a venetian cutaway? I would be fine with it but I think the costs would be driven up. Most people on this thread expressed a desire to keep the cost down.

With regards to the B&S, I'm fine with whatever back & sides you folks prefer or whatever alternative wood you want to stick on there. If I had a choice, I would go with rosewood. Is this a possible variation in 6 of the 12 models? For example, 6 would be silver oak and 6 would be rosewood?

With regards to the top, I would like it to be spruce (sitka, italian, adi, whatever). I'm sure some good sitka has the tonal balance to satisfy everyone's needs. The hog top is nice but at this point I would want a versatile smaller body since it would be my only shot at an LS for a while; hog top won't do that for me. All the same, it seems that quite a few of are eager for a hog top so I think that this factor, more than the back and sides, should what differentiates the first 6 from the second 6.

If folks can get on board the LS train then I think we might have something here.

Cheers,

Adam
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

FYI, pictures of a fancy-pantsy LS-10 (click on images tab):

http://guitaradoptions.com/store/product.php?productid=18817&cat=257&page=3

I offer this because if you are like me, you have never seen an LS in person, let alone held one or heard one.  They do look pretty sweet to me (I love the no pick guard look).
Scott

RS-2

Quote from: L-fan on November 30, 2008, 11:53:16 AM
FYI, pictures of a fancy-pantsy LS-10 (click on images tab):

http://guitaradoptions.com/store/product.php?productid=18817&cat=257&page=3

I offer this because if you are like me, you have never seen an LS in person, let alone held one or heard one.  They do look pretty sweet to me (I love the no pick guard look).

I have personally played LS once, very briefly. pretty comfy to play and sweet sounding.

Jeffrey