How many have tried Froggy Bottom Guitars?

Started by magictwanger, November 28, 2008, 07:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I've heard some wonderful praise of these guitars.I'd love some feedback from those lucky few who've owned or played them.I see that few are made yearly,but BOY do those I've seen pictured look to be superlative instruments!...Any thoughts?

Best wishes to all
  '      'Twanger

Never played one, but have heard them and seen them. Really nice sticks!!! I think Michael Millard is the luthier and does beautiful work.
"The barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it"

2006 Larrivee LV-10 MR   1980 Les Paul Custom Natural   2008 Larrivee LV-03-12   1998 Carvin LB75 Koa Bass

Had a chance to play a couple Wednesday at Madison Music in Madison, WI.  Madison Music  They had 3, a parlor, a folk size and one locked in a glass case that was over $12,000! It was a slope shoulder sunburst made with Adi/Brazilian.  The folk model was used and sort of dinged up. It was nice, but the Goodalls stole the show that day!
1997 Tacoma PM20
2001 Tacoma C5C Chief
2004 Tacoma EMM30 Forum Guitar
2006 Tacoma VECK40C

Tacoma Guitar Forum

When I was shopping for an OM, I did have a chance to try a Froggy and I must say, it was SWEET!!!!  I really like the tone and playability of the one particular model (I think it was an M).  I did a side by side comparison with a Goodall TROM and I had to give the slight edge to the Froggy on that particular day.  But, I ended up buying the Goodall..... price was an issue and even though I "settled" for the Goodall, I have absolutely no regrets.  To this day, my Goodall is my pride and joy and will be with be to the day I die!!!!

NewStrings
Lord of the STRINGS * Kronbauer TDK *  Taylor 614ce  *  Larrivee LV-03RE  *  Taylor 810ce  *  Martin D-18 Custom  *  Gibson ES - Les Paul  *  Gibson J-45  *  Fender Telecaster  *  Jason Romero banjo  *   National Estralita Resonator * Muth mandolin

Newstrings,I cannot say you "settled" at all on a Goodall!!...I was at Mandolin Bros two weeks ago,playing a few OM's and played quite a few.One was a gorgeous Goodall "Madi/ Adi" and it was fabulous!!.....Somehow I doubt you're thinking too much about the Froggy-:)

Best

Played my first Froggy this past weekend.  Loved it with all my heart.  Beautiful sustain, note separation, etc.