Guitar Rankings

Started by bevo, August 16, 2004, 08:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: ducktrapper on April 11, 2006, 04:20:06 PM
Oh yeah Brent! I trump yer Vickyville with a Hogtowner!!!  :GRN>

Hehe ... your probably right DUCKY ; a Hogtowner should be at the top of the list , but I've never had the honour of playing one  :EM> ... so i couldn't really put it on my list  :GRN>. maybe one day I'll be able to revise MY list and have a LARRIVEE 1,2,3 !!!

>BA
'83 Larrivee L-27 CutAway ( I bought it new !)
'02 National Radio Tone BendAway
Johnson Brass Reso
'63 National GlenWood 95 Res-O-Glass (Map Guitar)

Mine:

1) '73 Guild F50 Jumbo Rosewood back and sides
2) Martin D-28 with enlarged soundhole and forward bracing still in the shop because I can't afford it.
3) Larrivee L09
4) Taylor 814 still in a shop because I couldn't afford it.
5) '69 Guild D-40 Sunburst (Mahoghany back and sides) dreadnaught shape

J

Martin
Morgan
Taylor
Larrivee
Guild

I've bought two guitars since my Martin, but it still has "The Thing"
These are the guitars I own and at this point there is not much point in anything else being on the list... ^_^
At different times for different purposes the order could change, but overall, this is it.
Michael

2003 Rosewood/Spruce Parlor

Having recently been on a "quest", these are all pretty fresh in my mind

Larrivee J09 - This is the guitar I just bought.  It does so many things SO well.  I hope they start making jumbos again.

Martin HD28LSV.   The only NEW Martin I liked the sound of from the dozens I played. 

Gallagher 72 Special.   The ultimate Bluegrass machine

Petros Apple Creek - Whew.  The most responsive guitar I have played.  Music jumps out of it. 

Collings D2H - Does almost everything well.  Very balanced and detailed and great bass. 

Bourgeois JOMC Rosewood.   Exquisite tone.  Beautiful to look at and excellent build quality. 

That's 6 huh?  Math was never my strong smoot.  These are my impressions from a couple of months trying to cure my GAS.  I had the money for everything but the Petros.   Finding the Larri was more luck than anything else, but I'm SO happy with it, and saving a couple grand (not my original intent) is never a bad thing. 

ken