using 3rd's and beyond (from "tips)

Started by flatlander, November 19, 2008, 01:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flat maybe you can cut and paste this one and the other to post in the sticky thingy post.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

If I understand you correctly, Lynn and I have already taken care of it. Thanks, Lynn. The essence and mojority of both threads were combined into this one,
http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=38910.0

And made into sticky. One of the big things was to get the basic theory explanation at beginning of thread because so much of the rest is based on that. It may not all be in perfect logical order now, but if you start at beginning and understand the 3rds 1st, then you can somewhat build upon that as it uses the triads and going forward full chords. When I started thinking about 3rd years ago now, I thought that if you just started with that interval and then built up, it wouldn't be as confusing as looking at a big bunch of goblbly goop spread across strings and trying to make sense of it. Start with the main pieces at core of chord, then build out instead. Thanks for seeing the value of this info and suggesting sticky. Anyone who doesn't know this stuff and digs in some will be greatly rewarded over time.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Quote from: ryler on January 01, 2012, 05:54:42 PM
Oh, this is beautiful!
Ahh from one of the original troopers who followed 3rd's thread. Thanks ryler
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

just a quick note to thank you for all the work you have done in putting this together, being just a beginner I need all the help I can get.3rds really seem so useful ,and make me sound like I know what I'm doing.
                                         cntry4me