Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larrivee Uke's  (Read 15986 times)
fongie
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2008, 08:33:57 AM »

G'day Lawn, do you get a little confuse with the 'Underground' ? Man, I talk here and talk there and just seem to confuse myself there. How do you find the surrounding? I think I need to find more info' and spend more time.
Cheers
Fongie
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2008, 03:09:18 AM »

Wondering if you guys looked up Jake Shimabokuro on YouTube?

Awesome uke young virtuoso....

ricky
fongie
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2008, 09:05:37 AM »

G'day Rick, thanks man, yes I have. Isn't he awesome? Thats alot of years playin', but, I can just dream on.
Cheers
Fongie
fongie
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2008, 02:04:27 AM »

G'day Friends, a beautiful day here in Brisbane Aust. thought I may as well share my two new ukes. Yes, bought meself a 'Kamaka Tenor' and a 'Maton Saprano', beautiful!! The kamakas from Hawaii an 80's model, made of koa and the Matons from Australia, made of Queensland maple, late 50's early 60's model. I was told this uke is the first ever made by a Australian company which is 'Maton'. Sweeeeet, huh!!
Cheers
Fongie

[attachment deleted by admin]
PortHueneme

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2008, 12:18:16 AM »

Are you ready Lawn, here goes.  This is the uke I bought, it's a "Kanile'a Soprano" solid koa, this is the website to Kanile"a http://kanileaukulele.com and go to home page.  Now this is to the web page for "Musicguymic"  they are the people I bought the uke off from Hawaii and their web page is musicguymic@aol.com
Kanile'a do make tenors, barritones, concerts and sopranos, also they sell in the top of the range models with extras added.  This uke is a good looking uke with solid koa and very reasonably priced. 
Cheers,
Fongie
P.S. This is the photos of mine that I have just received, very happy with the service and communication and fast postage from musicguymic

Hey all,
   Mike is a REAL great guy to deal with. I have bought a few ukes from him as well as strings. He has the Aquilas at a great price and guarateed to make you uke come alive.

It would be cool if we could get Mike to do the "Forum Uke"   

SD-60 SBT
O-50 TSB
OM-03 Koa
D-09 12 string
Gibson-J50
Gibson Blues King
A gaggle of ukes
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2008, 01:48:29 AM »

is any body a fan of Flea/Fluke??

I've got a fluke, not the best sounding ukulele, but you get your bang for the buck!

Jeffrey

RoundLakeDT

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2008, 03:49:46 PM »

is any body a fan of Flea/Fluke??
Oh yeah; I have a tenor "surf" fluke that I love.  Sound great to my (untutored) ears, and I can take it anywhere without a worry.  Makes people smile when they see it... although I have been accused by bluegrassers of having a very bizarre looking mandolin... people just aren't sure what it is, I guess

Dave

fongie
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2008, 10:11:14 PM »

Yes indeed! Mike or someone else should start a uke forum but keep it simple. There are few 'Forums' out there, but they don't have the 'Larrivee Forum' set out. Gets a little confusing and congested. I love this forum, displays great feedback, accommodates threads for everything & everyone and the members are very supportive.
Cheers
Fongie
Cybercanyon

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2008, 08:48:18 AM »

Musicguymic was very helpful.  When I was looking for a uke, Mike spent time on the phone with me and helped me to choose one.  I have since purchased 2 ukes from him, a Pono Koa tenor and a Kelii Koa concert.   The Pono is a very nice uke however my favorite uke is my Larrivee Koa soprano.  Musicguymic has an ebay store where he sells ukes and accessories for ukes.

Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!
RoundLakeDT

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2008, 03:29:10 PM »

Well another Larrivee uke has appeared on eBay, also about $1000...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Larrivee-10KK-Gloss-FLAMED-SOPRANO-KOA-UKE-Breathtaking_W0QQitemZ330292532786QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item330292532786&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

fongie
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2008, 08:23:41 PM »

G'day there Cybercanyon, how about pics? Sounds great. Yes, Mike is always helpful and fast postage is something he does well. Oh, Roundlakedt, thanks for the Lav uke tip, thats not a bad price for a Lav uke. Lawnjocky, have you seen that uke? I see your lookin' at Mandolins? Stay with the ukes buddy.
Cheers
Fongie :nana
dance
Cybercanyon

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2008, 09:32:04 AM »

Ok here are my ukes.  It is my first attempt at uploading photos and I had to use my cell phone.  Sorry about the quality. 

Mike

Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
fongie
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2008, 09:50:51 AM »

WOOOW!! man, that is some serious ukes...'Bloody Beautiful'. That Lav sure looks awesome, now you've done it, first it was Walkermans Lav uke, now yours....'I want one to'. Very nice Cyber, thanks for sharing them.
Cheers
Fongie :nan
adance
fongie
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2008, 08:36:41 PM »

G'day Y'all ukey mates, 'Merry Christmas' to y'all, thanks for your support and your lovely pics through out the year. I've totally enjoyed every uke that has been shown, I hope 'Santa' will be kind to you all you lovely uke heads 'Happy New Year'
Cheers Fongie
fongie
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2008, 09:23:25 PM »

Merry Christmas', last night I restrung my Kamaka Tenor with 'Aquila', 'WOW!!', beautiful, just beautiful. Infact, they sound so good I've decided to restring all my ukes with 'Aquilas'. Expensive strings, but worth every cent.
Cheers, 'Merry Christmas' again
Fongie
Cybercanyon

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2008, 07:53:14 AM »

I have tried different strings, but I always come back to Aquila ukulele strings.   They seem to sound the best to me.   

Mike

Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Cybercanyon

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2008, 08:06:32 AM »

I almost forgot.  Mele Kalikimaka to all!       

Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
fongie
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2008, 10:40:56 AM »

'Mele Kalikimaka', to you to, Mike. Yes, these are definately awesome strings, I am so impressed, infact I couldn't wait to get back from work and play the uke.
Cheers
Fongie
Parlor Picker

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2008, 10:35:37 AM »

The difference that Aquila strings makes is nothing short of phenomenal.  They utterly transform any uke.  I just further improved by Ashbury tenor by replacing the standard big heavy guitar tuners with a set of nice mini Gotohs found on eBay here in the UK.

Larrivée Limited Edition Rosewood Parlor (2003)
plus various other acoustic guitars and one ukulele
fongie
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2008, 10:54:48 PM »

G'day P & P, how about some pics? Sounds great
Cheers
Fongie
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: