Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paul Jones - Baptism River  (Read 756 times)
orsino
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: August 13, 2004, 02:10:21 PM »

Just wanted to put in a plug for my friend Paul Jones' CD Baptism River. Check it out at http://www.pauljonesmusic.com

ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 03:57:09 PM »

Thanks for the heads up, Tom. Paul is a wonderful guitarist and real nice fellow. I've had the pleasure of sitting in a room with him, watching and listening to his fine technique and his handsome vocals. I'm floored by his version of Joni's The River. Last spring in St. Paul, we all took turns handing "Pope" Paul our guitars for his "blessing". I was happy to notice that my D05 sounded as good as anything else in his hands. Well, at least to this old rocker's ears.  
orsino
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 07:29:17 PM »

Duck,
He played The River for us in one of the dorm rooms as well. BEAUTIFUL! Definitely one of my favorite Joni tunes and Paul offered it with a lot heart and respect.
He played my Goodall as well and proclaimed (You've got a singer there."
I'm assuming that is a blessing from the "Pope"?

ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 08:43:40 PM »

Well that's more than a blessing, that's an endorsement! I was just hoping something, mojo or magic, would rub off. He didn't say anything like that but my D05 sounded REALLY good when he played it. As for The River, he played it in BAGDAD or something with TWO capoes! Way beyond me but how cool it was!  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: