Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to me 00-09 flamed Maple  (Read 2277 times)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« on: October 28, 2008, 05:15:40 PM »

Well it aint a done totally deal but it's within spittin distance.
                         Thanks Tuffy for the heads up on this one. I just GOTTA reduce the herd somewhere now.
                      But if you remember my thread on maple I went GA GA when I found out they may have made these in maple and now I'm hooked up with David to buy his.
                      I may fly out to get it, or just get in the car and do some night ridin. I'm stoked! A late birthday gift is what this feels like.      More later, Danny

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Blue in VT
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 05:33:43 PM »

crying crying crying crying crying

enjoy....sigh....

Blue

OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 05:43:13 PM »

crying crying crying crying crying

enjoy....sigh....

Blue
  Sorry to make ya blue, Blue. I've been wanting a 00 since my shoulder is getting worse and maple is just too pretty on these little gits. And a 09 to boot... I had to jump on it.  I hope David dosen't mind but here are a few pics he took of it.                         Danny

[attachment deleted by admin]

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 05:50:03 PM »

Like I referred to though it ain't in house yet.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Trinity Guitars

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 06:50:30 PM »

Very cool congrats!  Larrivee does maple very well. You should be a happy player soon.

Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com
Blue in VT
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 07:31:24 PM »

Yeah...Dave sent me those pictures too....thats why I'm Cryin'  Lokks like a fantastic guitar and not something you see everyday either.  I haven't had the chance to play a Larri Maple but I'm sure its AWESOME....But it kills for ragtime tunes.......oh no....here I go again.... crying crying crying crying

Cheers,

Blue

OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)
Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 08:06:38 PM »

Looks just like the one I was thinking about buying this morning...

Oh well...saved me some money! 

nice guitar

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 08:23:38 PM »

Looks just like the one I was thinking about buying this morning...

Oh well...saved me some money! 

nice guitar
   Glad I could save you "time and money"    I've been spending time getting the deal done, but David has his $ now and UPS will be shipping soon. I may have it by Thursday. That would be way cool.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
NotRevGDavis

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 09:17:17 PM »

That Maple is gonna sound nice. I have a 0-05 it is quite a guitar louder than you would expect and comfortable too..

The Dude abides.

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 09:22:30 PM »

That Maple is gonna sound nice. I have a 0-05 it is quite a guitar louder than you would expect and comfortable too..
                    Yea, I played a 00-50 and it was comfortable and plenty loud.
 David, the seller has it packed and labeled and it will be shipped in about an hour. My first time at waiting for a mail ordered git, It will be a long couple of days I'm sure.
                     He told me he had listed it on a whim today, Tuffy saw it and alerted me and I knew it wold be mine unless someone else could say YES first.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 09:24:10 PM »

Fantastico !!!  congratulations Danny.   I'm glad I steered you onto that one.  I'm sure you would have found it anyhow but perhaps too late.     Very, Very Cool.  I don't believe you will have a great degree of difficulty selling the LSV-11 if that's the one that has to go.  Again...Congratulations !

Tuffythepug
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 09:28:50 PM »

Fantastico !!!  congratulations Danny.   I'm glad I steered you onto that one.  I'm sure you would have found it anyhow but perhaps too late.     Very, Very Cool.  I don't believe you will have a great degree of difficulty selling the LSV-11 if that's the one that has to go.  Again...Congratulations !

Tuffythepug
   Well THANKS again, I feel certain that I would have missed it if you had not said something. I gotta find that post I made when I found out they made these and put it here. I really never thought one of these would turn up. At least not that fast.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 10:02:18 PM »

That sure is pretty! Congrats and enjoy!   nice guitar

Look forward to your thoughts on maple after you've had some time to play it -

Tad

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 06:15:47 AM »

Me too. I think Larrivees are on the bright side in general. Maple should be pretty darn bright, I would think.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 07:45:04 AM »

Me too. I think Larrivees are on the bright side in general. Maple should be pretty darn bright, I would think.

That's kinda what I was thinkin' too.  combination of small 00 body with maple has the potential to be really bright sounding.   Sting choice might be critical on this one.   I know how maple sounds on my Guild Jumbo but I don't have any ideal how it sounds on a Larrivee 00-09.  I'm sure Danny will figure out how to make it sound just right though.

Tuffythepug
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 01:10:18 PM »

That's kinda what I was thinkin' too.  combination of small 00 body with maple has the potential to be really bright sounding.   Sting choice might be critical on this one.   I know how maple sounds on my Guild Jumbo but I don't have any ideal how it sounds on a Larrivee 00-09.  I'm sure Danny will figure out how to make it sound just right though.

Tuffythepug
Just to be clear, I didn't mean bright as a blanket bad thing. That's a personal preference. Lot's of people like Maple.

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 05:55:30 PM »

Just to be clear, I didn't mean bright as a blanket bad thing. That's a personal preference. Lot's of people like Maple.
                  I have never owned a maple git and I really like the look. I am expecting it to be bright, but I have lots of different strings on hand to try out. I did have a very bright cherry/cedar parlor.

David just e-mailed me and the UPS tracking shows it on time and should be delivered tomorrow.
         Gotta go do some work today so I can be around tomorrow when they come.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 10:57:36 PM »

Danny
Of course we will expect a preliminary report right away    followed by an in-depth analysis in a few days.

Tuffythepug
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2008, 12:12:29 AM »

I just got home and checked the UPS tracking. It arrived in Houston about 20 minutes ago. I never used UPS before, but I like this online tracking stuff. This means it should be here in Austin tomorrow. I still need to do a lot of work,  but I think I can plan a way to be sure and not miss the delivery.
            I will give a short report win it comes in and try and post a new pic of it.              Danny

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2008, 01:59:27 AM »

For future reference, if you don't know this, you can have delivery made to UPS terminal. That gives it one less ride in the back of a truck, plus you can pick it up when you want during the day including early in the morning while thier loading trucks for local delivery, So you can get it a little earlier. If you do that, get the address of the terminal off web or by calling them to give to shipper. Have them mark        hold at terminal for pick up.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: