Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Serial Number  (Read 1122 times)
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: October 27, 2008, 12:59:34 PM »

I am sure this has likely been asked before, but where the heck do I find the serial number on my PV09?

Thanks,

Lynda

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
ronmac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 01:15:27 PM »

Lynda, have a look through the soundhole at the neck block. It should be stamped with a 5 or 6 digit number.

No need to peel back the top! 

Ron

lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 04:29:00 PM »

Am I the only one that thinks that's bizarre? Wouldn't it be just a whole lot easier to put it on the sticker/label inside?  bigrin

NotRevGDavis

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 04:40:43 PM »

Most high end guitar builders stamp the serial # somewhere on a guitar. I prefer Larrivee's serial # placement over the ugliness on the end a the headstock. It is very easy to lose a sticker/label over time.

The Dude abides.

ronmac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 05:04:22 PM »

Most high end guitar builders stamp the serial # somewhere on a guitar. I prefer Larrivee's serial # placement over the ugliness on the end a the headstock. It is very easy to lose a sticker/label over time.

+1

I think it is further evidence of a "crafted" product, rather than a "stamp 'em as they roll down the line" product.

It's also a lot harder to remove by someone that would like to erase the history of ownership, if you know what I mean.

Ron

flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 05:42:39 PM »

Am I the only one that thinks that's bizarre? Wouldn't it be just a whole lot easier to put it on the sticker/label inside?  bigrin
Not to bizzare and a good place for it. My Gallagher's is in the same place and mandolin hand etched on inside of back. But don't feel like the lone ranger. Lots of folks have asked where to find SN.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 01:51:13 AM »

Thanks folks.

Makes total sense now and yes, much more permanent than a label.

Lynda  bigrin

Bard

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 08:58:46 AM »

Lynda, have a look through the soundhole at the neck block. It should be stamped with a 5 or 6 digit number.

No need to peel back the top! 

Hey RonMac,
I just acquired a P-09 yesterday with the same serial # except for the last 2 #'s as the photo you have in the picture.  Where did that photo come from?  And, what info do you know about that serial #?
ronmac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 12:35:39 PM »

Hi Bard,

Congratulations! The picture shown is linked from the Larrivee web site, second page of the Oxnard on-line tour.

Ron

canoe65

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 06:43:33 PM »

[/quote]

I agree with you.  The serial number on my Larrivée L-03 is easy enough to read ... if you know where to look for it ... and it is tastefully out of sight, so it doesn't effect the looks of the guitar.  And, it IS more permanent than a sticker. 

2006 Larrivée L-03
2006 Martin Backpacker

"The best things in life aren't things."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: