'Lost identity'

Started by fongie, October 26, 2008, 07:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi, bought meself a 'C-05' Florentine HOG, couple of weeks back, she's around ten years old. What confuses me is, she is stamped inside with a serial number that reads.....'D5 18330'. Thinking it was a 'D5', I decided to ask Greg Warnal from Larrivee, and hold and behold, it's a 'C-05', 25-1-1996. No other explaination, can anyone please help me? Thanks
Fongie :? :?

It was a joke that the larrivees played on the world....   :arrow

;

Well, we've been told that you can't always depend on the serial numbers to tell you anything. Guess this just reinforces that.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Hey Fongie did you get things sorted. If not lets try and sort this out. Sounds like a nice guitar, how about some photos?
God is Good
Larrivee L09, L05, L05 MT, P 09, OM 03 MT 12 string
Hofner Committe Thin 1962
Musicman Albert Lee (blue)
ditto in red but hard tail
Silhouette Special

G'day Mates, yeah, emailed Larrivee Wearables for a tortoise pickguard for my 'HOG', I emailed with the serial number and all and the reply was the same....'C-05' I'll send pics
Cheers Fongie  :donut :donut :donut

Hi Fongie

I wonder if you get a good light inside the guitar,  if your "D5" stamped on the head block might actually be an "O5" which is what it normally would have been.  Or maybe it is actually a D?

Quote from: Claude on October 30, 2008, 06:55:21 PM
Hi Fongie

I wonder if you get a good light inside the guitar,  if your "D5" stamped on the head block might actually be an "O5" which is what it normally would have been.  Or maybe it is actually a D?

:+1:

I think closer inspection will show that it is indeed stamped "05".
Ron

Is it true then that the numbers stamped are and have always been, the series #(no body style reference) followed by the serial#?
My 80 is with a 10 followed by 4 digits, all in a line.
the new has 60 above and 5 digit # below.
Yes it seems the the "D" might be a "0"
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

I believ it is true flatlander - my L10 has a serial number starting with 10 and 4 numbers after.