Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Linda Ronstadt  (Read 1104 times)
laughingskunk

Ignore
« on: August 11, 2004, 06:44:36 PM »

My wife just picked up a copy of Linda's greatest hits at the library. Had to look at the Cd myself. Man she had some amazing songs-Blue Bayoo, OoH Baby Baby, Poor Pitiful Me, Beat of a Different drum, etc. I had forgotten how great she was. The Cd also had some phoots inside, and must say I have never seen any singer with the combo of beauty and voice. What an amazing voice(still is)

CA Bluegrass Performer, Larrivee D-02 (sapele),  Martin LXK2 \"If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane"
jimmyd
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 07:13:57 PM »

Heart like a Wheel is one of my favorites.
Frederickmando

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 04:16:50 PM »

I met Linda Ronstadt about 23 years ago when she played at my college. She was warming up for the show by roller skating in the halls with her friend, singer Kiki Dee (sp?). It was amazing.
My wife and I just saw her in concert with a full orchestra. She is touring with a playlist that includes some show tunes, but she still is a class act. She still has her voice. We enjoyed it.
--Fred

ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 04:50:33 PM »

Besides Heart Like a Wheel, I especially like the two Trio CDs with Emmylou Harris and Dolly Parton. Ronstadt's voice sounds better than ever.  
D4ve

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 09:25:41 PM »

One of the greats. Didn't she get the boot from a gig for promoting Michael Moore and his  911 documentary?

Larrivee D60
Taylor 422 Maple
Delux Tele Plus
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 11:08:20 PM »

The bouncers at a Vegas club bounced the chantreuse for just that last month.

She started a rumble amongst the 70 year old patrons who were expecting Dean Martin.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: