Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "All Of Me" on my OM-03RE  (Read 1323 times)
Will Fly

Ignore
« on: October 07, 2008, 08:11:58 AM »

An outing for my Larrivée OM-03RE. This time I've tweaked the EQ and the reverb levels to give a more jazzy, amplified sound to the guitar. It's at:

All Of Me

Cheers,

Will
Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 09:31:42 AM »

Very nice, Will. 
golfer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 06:50:09 PM »

That is gorgeous.  Vey nicely done.  Wish I could find music like that.  I went on and watched some of you other videos and you are obviously very accomplished with the guitar.
  Thanks for sharing.
DJ in FL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 12:05:06 AM »

My OM-03RE must be broken!

I played and played and it does not sound anything like Will's version.   

Nice job Will.  Wish we could share your talent just for a few minutes so I could play like that and then MARVEL at the beautiful sounds coming out of my Larrivee.

Larrivee 000-60
Martin 000-28 VS
Guild Mark II
Alvarez Yairi CY 127 CE
Alvarez Yairi CY 140 CE
Two cats who like my playing
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 01:19:08 AM »

Really, really loved it. Great job. That's the kind of stuff I wanted to play when I started, but due to not coming too quickly and lack of patience I suppose, I settled for bashing out folk,blues ect. Thanks much for posting.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
Will Fly

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 08:27:20 AM »

There have been some very kind comments about "All Of Me" - and I really appreciate them. To be honest, I rarely look at a this kind of video once I've made it. By "this kind of video" I mean one where there is a degree of improvisation around a set of jazz chords. All I can think of, when I look at "All Of Me", is "Mmm... that could have been done better... bit of a melodic cliché there... that run wasn't as clean as it should have been... why did I repeat that lick again..." - and so on and so forth. One day I WILL get it better - but I've years to go yet. Trouble is, I didn't start playing guitar until I was 20. Now, if I'd started at, say, 10, I'd have had 54 years practice instead of just 44...

Cheers,

Will
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 01:33:00 PM »

Well it's a never ending journey for about everybody I suppose, but trust us, you've covered a lot of miles!

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: