Larrivee Customer Service - Declining?

Started by jwsamuel, September 26, 2008, 08:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorry some of you misunderstood. Some of you are also making false statements.
Won't name you but you know.
Did try out the guitar before i bought it. Only it wasn't electric so i ordered one that was.
I'll repeat. The guitar was the best i tried. NO complaint about quality or sound. Larrivee makes great guitars!
When you order from the factory you don't know what you're going to get. If i buy used it will be in person.
I never implied nor said used guitars were without defects, come on!
Tried to get a refund but that was not an option to them. Just try it. Did get a refund after lots of demands.
There are many musicians who have great equipment but not much musical desire. Are you saying this isn't true?
They don't play very well because they don't practice. That's fine with me they do what they like.
I never said there weren't any good players in this forum. Another lie. I firmly believe there are many great players.
You do take pictures of your guitars with flowers. As some stated, why does that bother you so much?
Some of us are dedicated to learning and performing. Others are musical but not too much into learning music.
A new guitar with fret buzz (in two DIFFERENT areas), cannot stay in tune (defective tuners) and broken electronics is similar to a new car with a broken engine, transmission and electrical system! That is not good business with any consumer.
The problem is you can't alter reality, face the facts. I'm sure many have had great service also.
I just don't believe in worshiping objects or corporations, if you do fine.
I'll repeat. I prefer to play the guitar more than collect for viewing.
There is delusion here. There are great guitars all over and in the end it's about taste.
OM-03s are selling used all over the place for hundreds less. Good for me.
Wood takes years to settle. New guitars have always been problematic because of that.
If you did some research you'll find used guitars sound much better than new ones. I can tell.
Why did i buy new. Because i wanted the lifetime warranty. Because i knew what could happen.
To imply that this rarely happens with all the complaints is ignorance or denial.
Please stick with facts and tell the truth. We are all here to help each other anyway.
Some of you are on the side of Larrivee and some of us are on the consumer side.
I don't want sympathy i just want you to be informed. That is what a forum is about.

Quote from: Rodolfo on October 26, 2008, 06:37:03 PM

I never said there weren't any good players in this forum. Another lie. I firmly believe there are many great players.

From your first post:

QuoteI know most of you can't play that's because your goal is narcissistic in that you want to just own something others don't have. You're art collectors. What a waste for music but great for corporations.
The Seniors in this forum seem to be connected to Larrivee.
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition

Some of us are dedicated to learning and performing. Others are musical but not too much into learning music.

with this being only your 2nd post here, how do you know just how dedicated some of us (or all of us) are? just because we don't have a link to samples of our work? i'm new here, but wouldn't presume to guess who is talented and who isn't - or any other assumptions about people here, for that matter. bottom line: who cares? we all have a common interest in guitars.

I just don't believe in worshiping objects or corporations, if you do fine.

you bought a $1400 guitar. you can play and teach lessons with a $500 guitar.

a forum is also about respecting others - not casting stones from your glass house. inform us - just don't insult us.

Quote from: Rodolfo on October 25, 2008, 01:23:01 PM
I know most of you can't play that's because your goal is narcissistic in that you want to just own something others don't have. You're art collectors.
Look, if you want to apoligize, and then stay away from jabs at people you don't know that'd be great with me. It wouldn't be the first time somebody went sideways not the first time someone was big enough to apoligize. I love discussions of progressions,
chords, songwriting ect and would love to see more of it on here. I'm sure I'd be the main benefactor but perhaps you'd find the questions interesting anyway!
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

When someone has a real problem or issue, and then they make up additional malicious supporting facts or unsubstantiated negative conjecture about the other party, they do a disservice to all, particularly those who might not have the depth of experience to be able to see thru it.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about it:

In law, defamation (also called calumny, libel, slander, and vilification) is the communication of a statement that makes a false claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government or nation a negative image. Slander refers to a malicious, false, and defamatory spoken statement or report, while libel refers to any other form of communication such as written words or images. Most jurisdictions allow legal actions, civil and/or criminal, to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against groundless criticism. Related to defamation is public disclosure of private facts which arises where one person reveals information which is not of public concern, and the release of which would offend a reasonable person.(1) "Unlike libel, truth is not a defence for invasion of privacy."(2)

False light laws are "intended primarily to protect the plaintiff's mental or emotional well-being."(3) If a publication of information is false, then a tort of defamation might have occurred. If that communication is not technically false but is still misleading then a tort of false light might have occurred.(3)

In real life, I'm NOT a lawyer.  :winkin:
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Rodolfo...your first post was an insult to the Larrivee company and family.  It was also an insult to Larrivee owners and forumites.

Your second post was an insult to our intelligence.

I just finished planting my 000-50 in the planter box and I'm not sure what percentage nitrogen I should fertilize it with? If I plant my 0-05 in the middle of the lawn do I use the same type? The reason I did this is because the only thing I could play was the open low E.

The Dude abides.

Quote from: NotRevGDavis on October 27, 2008, 11:26:21 AM
I just finished planting my 000-50 in the planter box and I'm not sure what percentage nitrogen I should fertilize it with? If I plant my 0-05 in the middle of the lawn do I use the same type? The reason I did this is because the only thing I could play was the open low E.

Maybe Roldofo could supply you with a good load of manure.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.