$1000 Burst?!

Started by norton, August 09, 2004, 01:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BTW - Can you tell us how one becomes "the humongous Dave Matthews Band?"
Just a typo in the profile.  

QuoteMr. Mrs. Ms. or Miss hcole - So sorry to waste your precious time. Your horse line is smelling deader than the deadest thread, however. Move forward yourself. You can do it.  :P
BTW - Can you tell us how one becomes "the humongous Dave Matthews Band?"
As for being dead, the Horse line has a ways to go before it catches any of your anti-Taylor lines.  After all a dead horse can't run very fast and apparently nothing can contain your Tayor hating message, not even the topic of a thread.  

EDIT:  For what it's worth, I  haven't ever owned a Taylor or had the desire to own one.  

I alway's wanted a dead horse or was that a dead scunk in the middle of the road. :blink:  :D  
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

QuoteI alway's wanted a dead horse or was that a dead scunk in the middle of the road. :blink:  :D
And it's stinkin' to HIIIIIGHH heaven! (Loudon Wainright III)
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP :crying:
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi

I was hopin somebody would get it.Should have know it would be you,you old dog you. :D  
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

QuoteI was hopin somebody would get it.Should have know it would be you,you old dog you. :D
<Growl> Better than being an old skunk!  
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi

I see a Collings with only a sunburst top listing for $4200. A D28 with a sunburst top for $2900.00. Who knows what the Taylor sunbursts cost? For some strange reason they don't want to tell anyone. Anyway, I think you will find the Larrivée bursts priced pretty competitively. Compare quality not just prices. It's not a cheap process and some other makers maybe cover up not so nice wood with the burst.

Well if you believe that I have some beach property in Florida for you. The fact that they charge more for everything, mean anything to you?  

The pricing structures are indeed different. One company charges a lot more for the same thing only not as good. Appointments the same? I'd argue that. Maybe the 914 and the 10. A few bucks worth of abalone doesn't hide the similarities.

814ce - Suggested retail price $4000.00
L09ve - SRP - $3,000.00.
Two similar guitars. Same woods. Larrivée has a dove tailed neck joint and a compensated bone saddle.
Your sunburst top appears to cost a grand. At least at list price. So if both guitars are sold at a third less, vive le difference.

Geez, here I am quoting myself. If you will, hcole, could you please point out the Taylor hate herein.
Isn't this the Larrivée forum btw? I'd hate to be seen around here as actually PREFERRING them to a Taylor. But then again that sounds hateful of me!   :blink:  

Please if there's a God of Wood, don't let this become the Taylor/Larrivée forum 'cos that would suck. Notice I'm not saying half suck. Sorry couldn't resist.  ;)  

It's not the Taylor hating that's out of place, it's the HCole hating.  Lighten up.  In response to YOUR statement of "Who knows what the Taylor sunbursts cost? For some strange reason they don't want to tell anyone."  He stated a fact.  There appears to be no upcharge for a Taylor burst.  If someone wanted to buy a taylor, that would be a pretty cool choice to have at no additional cost.  If you didn't want to know the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question.  And if the answer doesn't please you, don't take it out on the person who clears up your confusion.

P.S. YOU brought other guitars into the discussion on this LARRIVEE forum.  

Hey, maybe HCole shot your dog and poisoned your well.  If so, I understand, otherwise lighten up!

"Sometimes you wear stretchy pants, in your room...  Is for fun..."  Nacho

If I was any lighter I'd float away.
Let's review. Someone suggested that the upcharge for a Larrivée tsb was outrageous. I made some comparisons. Re: Taylor, the sunburst (top only)doesn't cost more (than a similar guitar with tsb), the entire guitar does. Ah so. I hatefully said they were similar guitars. My bad...but hateful?  
In case you haven't noticed, this is about the 5th time I've gotten the dead horse line from hcole. Am I forcing him/her to read my posts? You're telling me every time I say something hcole doesn't like he/she can take a shot but I'm "at fault" here? There's no hcole, who I don't know from a hole in the ground, hating here.

PS. -  I brought up other guitars? That I did. Comparisons not allowed?

PPS - Hell, maybe YOU poisoned my dog. Maybe you're hcole. Don't much care, didn't like that dog. Lighten up yerownself.  :P

That was a dog?!?!  I only did it because I hate cats...

Like I said, if he poisoned your dog, You have cause.  

If he keeps trotting out a horse on you, time to ignore it.  Pushing your buttons is probably more fun than you are getting out of striking back...

Oh yeah, and no I haven't noticed your little war.  I have this thing...  It's called a life  :lol:

All right enough with the skunk comments. They are natures most noble creatures-brave, loyal and standing up for all that is good and right in America.
CA Bluegrass Performer, Larrivee D-02 (sapele),  Martin LXK2 \"If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane"

Talking to duck about the qualities of anything besides a Larrivée is like talking to a brick wall, you might as well be pissing in the wind . . .  :blink:  
Johnson L Body
A&L AMI
Cort Earth 900
Taylor Big Baby
Gold Tone PBR
Regal RC-51
Fender R48
Ariana Classical
Seagull Artist Grand
Gibson SJ
Gibson J-55
Taylor 355
Taylor 414
Larrivée L-05
Guild D-55
Taylor 614ce
Taylor 714ce
Taylor 814c
Kent archtop
Silvertone archtop
Les Paul Custom

QuoteAll right enough with the skunk comments. They are natures most noble creatures-brave, loyal and standing up for all that is good and right in America.
Can't hear you, the yoplait cup on your head is muffling you...

A most appropriate aside.

The Loudon Wainwright the 3rd comment strikes close to home on two fronts.

1st. I like many of his songs

2nd. I was stationed on the USS Wainwright DLG-28 for three years, '74 to '77.

As to dead horses...the hooves to the glue factory and the meat to France.

Irl

OK I started the dead horse thing then moved on to dead skunks which lead me to a song about skunks with was writen by Loudon Wainwright The #rd which got me a battleship which brings up the Navy which leads me to the village people which is really goofy music which brings us all to a dog who wears shirts and pants who can't drive very because they use his film's in traffic school which leads us to nowhere who I think played in the centerfield which brings us to Abbott and Costello which brings us to the 30's and a very long winded sentance.So There,nanananboo boo you feet smell like doodo.......Which reminds me I had aunt named Doodo and an Uncle Rocky...I'll stop now my fingers hurt...... :blink:  :unsure:  :D  
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote... which lead me to a song about skunks with was writen by Loudon Wainwright The #rd ...
Is # a capital "3"?  ;)

And its still stinkin' to HIIIIGHHH heaven!
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi

Stop pickin on my bad typing skill's it's been a ruff day.Lots of rain,the darn pickup I installed is being a rat and not working rite,I burned my finger on the soldiering iron again,my head hurt's,my feet stick and I can't find my wire cutter's...... :huh:  
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

QuoteStop pickin on my bad typing skill's it's been a ruff day.Lots of rain,the darn pickup I installed is being a rat and not working rite,I burned my finger on the soldiering iron again,my head hurt's,my feet stick and I can't find my wire cutter's...... :huh:
Are there any penguins nearby?

;)  
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Yes they're all over the place and it's gettin to be a real bother,....leave me alone and stop stealin the tool's for your nest...sorry stupid flightless birds.......... :P  
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

ah! the Beatles

The Long and Winding Road....

Irl

p.s. The USS Wainwright was/is a Destroyer class, much smaller than a battleship. Ships' complement (assigned crew) under 250.

"Borne on the crest of a wave and rocked in the cradle of the deep."

Borne as in carried.

Back in the desert, Old Pueblo aka Tucson,
Irl